Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
SICK Derron Smith Interception!
In training camp, Derron Smith made a one-handed interception!

Dude's a rookie and seems a bit short at 5'10, but he seems like he has a knack for sprinting around the field so he always ends up in the right place at the right time and then always seems like he comes up with the big play.

Looks like he could be a steal coming from the 6th round.

If nothing else, he could bring a spark to our secondary and continue the youth movement.

[Image: A8426645F01242664354327998464_3f435c07bf...E1WjN_MmhJ]
Reply/Quote
(08-10-2015, 11:39 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: In training camp, Derron Smith made a one-handed interception!

Dude's a rookie and seems a bit short at 5'10, but he seems like he has a knack for sprinting around the field so he always ends up in the right place at the right time and then always seems like he comes up with the big play.

Looks like he could be a steal coming from the 6th round.  

If nothing else, he could bring a spark to our secondary and continue the youth movement.

[Image: A8426645F01242664354327998464_3f435c07bf...E1WjN_MmhJ]

Dude has hands, 15 career ints at FSU.

BTW, c'mon Andy, don't be throwing across your body like that! Have you learned nothing?

Oh wait a minute...
Reply/Quote
(08-10-2015, 11:44 PM)Stormborn Wrote: Dude has hands, 15 career ints at FSU.

BTW, c'mon Andy, don't be throwing across your body like that! Have you learned nothing?

Oh wait a minute...

Does mean McCarron isn't taking us to teh Superbowlz anymore?
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(08-10-2015, 11:56 PM)treee Wrote: Does mean McCarron isn't taking us to teh Superbowlz anymore?

Hype train needs a pit stop for fundamental tooling.

I would like this to be a Smith thread though, I apologize for speaking against Bama Jesus.
Reply/Quote
(08-10-2015, 11:59 PM)Stormborn Wrote: Hype train needs a pit stop for fundamental tooling.

I would like this to be a Smith thread though, I apologize for speaking against Bama Jesus.

I thought that QB looked black until I saw the number. What can I say welcome to the NFL.
Reply/Quote
I say make him a WR.
Reply/Quote
Ball skills are strong with this one
Reply/Quote
I am excited to watch him in preseason. Hopefully he wins a spot on the roster.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
(08-10-2015, 11:44 PM)Stormborn Wrote: Dude has hands, 15 career ints at FSU.

Oh wait a minute...

That was McCarron lol, and I've seen him throw across his body multiple times this TC. Hope he gets that fixed quickly!
Reply/Quote
(08-11-2015, 12:33 AM)J24 Wrote: I am excited to watch him in preseason. Hopefully he wins a spot on the roster.

I hope he does because, if our front four can get a pass rush like I think they'll be able to, we need safeties with anticipation and ball skills that will just have field days, which he seems to have (I'm not talking about from just this play- go back and watch his games at Fresno State or even just the highlights).
Reply/Quote
Woo it's my favorite draft pick!

Now that that is established, he should be a pro bowler anytime. He will be our heaven
Reply/Quote
(08-11-2015, 12:58 AM)GreenCornBengal Wrote: That was McCarron lol, and I've seen him throw across his body multiple times this TC. Hope he gets that fixed quickly!

Sometimes you have to wonder if he was really "McCarron" where that ball went at all!
Reply/Quote
(08-10-2015, 11:56 PM)treee Wrote: Does mean McCarron isn't taking us to teh Superbowlz anymore?

Essentially this is McCarrons rookie season and he wasn't handed the keys to the O right out of the gate like Andy was. McCarron could end up being better than AD, only time will tell. OSU was written off after Miller went down, then when Barret went down, then Jones won a NC. Wink
We stole Smith and I'm stoked about it. Kid has Adam Jones skillz but flew under the radar.
Reply/Quote
(08-11-2015, 01:14 AM)Nately120 Wrote: Sometimes you have to wonder if he was really "McCarron" where that ball went at all!

I enjoy your wordplay.
Reply/Quote
My boy! Go Dogs!
[Image: Bch_OOih_CIAARIjw_jpg_large.jpg]
Reply/Quote
AJ not Andy.... Nice try on making this another Andy thread though.
Reply/Quote
Who knows how he fell so far in the draft.

I think he'll be taking Nelson's place next year.

He is one of the ball hawks on this team. I hope he snags a few this year.
Reply/Quote
(08-11-2015, 12:33 AM)J24 Wrote: I am excited to watch him in preseason. Hopefully he wins a spot on the roster.

I think his ball hawking instincts plus coverage ability would give him the spot over Keo.  A lot will come down to special teams.
Reply/Quote
(08-11-2015, 12:58 AM)GreenCornBengal Wrote: That was McCarron lol, and I've seen him throw across his body multiple times this TC. Hope he gets that fixed quickly!

Well if all goes well he has plenty of time to figure it out several years perhaps.

Cant see Derron smith not making the team... Not enough quality Safteys in front of him and can contribute on Special teams.
Reply/Quote
Made it to post #2.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote