Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
SIRIUS NFL Radio
They had a query on today about free agents that have left a team in their prime (because of the LeBron James move) and how it affected your team. Your boy bfine called in (as we were on the road to a cookout) preparing to drop the mike with Reggie White. Then while I was on hold it hit me: Corey Dillon.

One of the personalities on the radio was Bernard Hopkins and he seemed to know a lot about Corey and mentioned he watched on the sidelines as he broke the rookie rushing record for a game.

Just wanted to share that and a couple point if you ever try to call in to 1-877-NFL-Kick: They get your name and location, then place you on hold, While on hold you can listen to the program so it's not bad. I have a car where my phone plays over the radio, so it's just like listening to the radio. The issue is when they take your call you feel like you've been disconnected, as everything went silent. After a few "chucky, chucky, chucky's" from B-Hop after I found my phone and put it to my ear. I realized I was on the air. And once I stated my case I was immediately disconnected but caught the end of it when the radio kicked back in.

Just wanted you guys to know and recommend you call in. There's a regular on there "Dave from Cincinnati", but he's an idiot and gets owned on regular basis.

Now to my cookout and beer. Happy 4th to all.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
I've called into radio stations many times. I know it's sirius and much larger, but people are people. I called Willy Cunningham about 20yrs ago and fumbled through the conversation like a nervous battered child. But I got through it. HEHE.

Reply/Quote
I called into the Big Dog show on 55 or 700 or some other station a long time ago. He was on right before McCallister or it could have been after him, I don't remember.

It was during a Valetines Day special and told the story about how after being at the in-laws for the day and was very ready to get out of there, my wife wanted to drive but I said "NO". I hate riding in a car and have to drive, I panic because I have no control and other people, even my wife are bad drivers. 

She said, "But you don't have a drivers license". 
I said, "I haven't had a license for five years!" which is true and didn't finally get a license until last year, lol.
She said, "Well I hope you get pulled over and go to jail"

I said "I'd have better company there now wouldn't I?"

She didn't talk to me for two weeks, lol.

I almost won but lost to a guy who told his wife he was going sheep hunting or something stupid like that.

I should have won.
Reply/Quote
Nice! I don't have sirius anymore but I did a few years back and would call into Rich Gannons show and also into Gil Brandts show. I dont even know if theyre shows anymore. The NFL station on Sirius is great. Used to get a lot of insider info you dont get from TV.
Reply/Quote
(07-04-2018, 04:32 PM)bfine32 Wrote: They had a query on today about free agents that have left a team in their prime (because of the LeBron James move) and how it affected your team. Your boy bfine called in (as we were on the road to a cookout) preparing to drop the mike with Reggie White. Then while I was on hold it hit me: Corey Dillon.

One of the personalities on the radio was Bernard Hopkins and he seemed to know a lot about Corey and mentioned he watched on the sidelines as he broke the rookie rushing record for a game.

Just wanted to share that and a couple point if you ever try to call in to 1-877-NFL-Kick: They get your name and location, then place you on hold, While on hold you can listen to the program so it's not bad. I have a car where my phone plays over the radio, so it's just like listening to the radio. The issue is when they take your call you feel like you've been disconnected, as everything went silent. After a few "chucky, chucky, chucky's" from B-Hop after I found my phone and put it to my ear. I realized I was on the air. And once I stated my case I was immediately disconnected but caught the end of it when the radio kicked back in.

Just wanted you guys to know and recommend you call in. There's a regular on there "Dave from Cincinnati", but he's an idiot and gets owned on  regular basis.

Now to my cookout and beer. Happy 4th to all.

I used to have a lot longer drives when I covered the whole state and would call in from time to time.  I destroyed Adam Shein when he was still on the show when I called that Palmer (I called him the quitter) would get destroyed by Carolina in the playoffs when he was still a Cardinal.  He laughed at me when I said he would lose by three TDs.  I was wrong.  He lost by four.  

I always say "Steve in Cincinnati" but I haven't called in for a while.  Really like Brady Quinn when he is on there.  Guy has a future in NFL commentary.  
Reply/Quote
(07-05-2018, 08:52 AM)whodey4life84 Wrote: Nice! I don't have sirius anymore but I did a few years back and would call into Rich Gannons show and also into Gil Brandts show. I dont even know if theyre shows anymore. The NFL station on Sirius is great. Used to get a lot of insider info you dont get from TV.

One thing about Sirius is they will negotiate price. I'm always able to renew at about 1/2 of what they charge.

The Godfather is still a regular and great to listen to. The arbitrary things he remembers is incredible. Gannon is not a regular anymore. 
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
90% of the people on sports talk radio are friggin ********...including you, BFine.

Kidding, but seriously...90% of the people on sports talk radio are friggin ********. Excluding you, BFine.
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
(07-04-2018, 04:32 PM)bfine32 Wrote: There's a regular on there "Dave from Cincinnati", but he's an idiot and gets owned on  regular basis.

I shake my head pretty much every time he is on the air...

No lie, my radio stays on channel 88 pretty much 24-7.  The only times I ever change it is during Press Coverage, Chalk Talk, and/or the End Zone when they replay interviews I already heard during the week.
Reply/Quote