Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
SITE DONATIONS
This year, I've decided to allow the possibility for members to donate to the costs of running the site over for 2018. The goal is $700, which would cover the everything including hosting, domain renewal and a new customized, fully responsive theme.

Anyone who chooses to donate will get a 'Bengals Board Supporter' badge in their sig and be recognized on the home page. Also, if the total goal is met, we may end up getting rid of ads altogether.

Please click here if you would like ton donate and support The Bengals Board. For those who do donate, leave a comment on the donation page with your username so you can get your badge.

Thanks,
BJ
Reply/Quote
Thank you to those that have donated so far:

HarleyDog
FreezeBowlBengal
BmorePat87
Tiger Teeth
Sabretooth
bfine32
Benton
michaelsean
StLucieBengal
rfaulk34
SunsetBengal
treee
Luvnit2
grampahol
BengalChris
sloSTI
kdgjr
ochocincos
vas deferens
Hoofhearted
3wt
Mike M (the other one)
psychdoctor,
Johnny Cupcakes
Go Cards
snowy
muskiesfan
Wyche'sWarrior
Shake n Blake
Reply/Quote
C'mon folks, let's keep those donations coming! We're nearly half way there.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
I did comedy for a fundraiser once. We were trying to raise money to buy one of those machines that shows how much money has been raised.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(02-10-2018, 01:06 PM)bfine32 Wrote: I did comedy for a fundraiser once. We were trying to raise money to buy one of those machines that shows how much money has been raised.

But alas, it was a tale of failure. Because without the machine, they knew not how much they rose.
Reply/Quote
(02-10-2018, 01:06 PM)bfine32 Wrote: I did comedy for a fundraiser once. We were trying to raise money to buy one of those machines that shows how much money has been raised.

For real!?! We are "halfway" to $700. Everyone who frequents this site should kick in a MINIMUM of $10.00. That equals out to about $0.03 per day. I get not wanting to put your credit card info out on sites, but just go to Walmart, buy a prepaid Visa card and use that. 

My goal is not to shame but to motivate. The next person to donate a minimum of $20 PM Holic and you will get the team(s) of your choice in the upcoming Board Mock Draft. 
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(02-11-2018, 03:14 PM)bfine32 Wrote: For real!?! We are "halfway" to $700. Everyone who frequents this site should kick in a MINIMUM of $10.00. That equals out to about $0.03 per day. I get not wanting to put your credit card info out on sites, but just go to Walmart, buy a prepaid Visa card and use that. 

My goal is not to shame but to motivate. The next person to donate a minimum of $20 PM Holic and you will get the team(s) of your choice in the upcoming Board Mock Draft. 

That's not completely fair to us fantasy players that donated of our own free will, sans any bribery or coercion.   Mellow

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(02-11-2018, 03:14 PM)bfine32 Wrote: For real!?! We are "halfway" to $700. Everyone who frequents this site should kick in a MINIMUM of $10.00. That equals out to about $0.03 per day. I get not wanting to put your credit card info out on sites, but just go to Walmart, buy a prepaid Visa card and use that. 

Yeah, I have to agree.  I thought there would be a shit ton of people willing to donate.  C'mon folks, lets don't make 'Holic foot the bill.
[Image: DC42UUb.png]
Reply/Quote
(02-11-2018, 04:58 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: That's not completely fair to us fantasy players that donated of our own free will, sans any bribery or coercion.   Mellow

I think he means the Board Mock that he runs in the Draft section, and not the Fantasy league. 
Reply/Quote
(02-11-2018, 05:05 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: I think he means the Board Mock that he runs in the Draft section, and not the Fantasy league. 

Ahh, I forgot about that.  ThumbsUp

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
You can count me in.....but not util after I see the damage Valentine's Day is gonna cost me. Tongue

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(02-12-2018, 10:12 AM)Wyche Wrote: You can count me in.....but not util after I see the damage Valentine's Day is gonna cost me. Tongue

You mean your significant other won;t be thrilled to invest in a Bengal's message board. Shocking stuff   Smirk
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(02-12-2018, 10:56 AM)Luvnit2 Wrote: You mean your significant other won;t be thrilled to invest in a Bengal's message board. Shocking stuff   Smirk

LMAO......it's not so much that as she switched jobs last month.  The way the pay periods worked out, she didn't get a check until the last week of the month.  So, I carried all of the bills, groceries, etc.  Naturally, I'm still restocking the funds from that.  Now, I love you guys and all, but I ain't dipping into my savings.... LMAO

Reply/Quote
(02-12-2018, 11:01 AM)Wyche Wrote: LMAO......it's not so much that as she switched jobs last month.  The way the pay periods worked out, she didn't get a check until the last week of the month.  So, I carried all of the bills, groceries, etc.  Naturally, I'm still restocking the funds from that.  Now, I love you guys and all, but I ain't dipping into my savings.... LMAO

Members contribute in many ways, money is just one so no big deal for those who can't do to finances. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(02-12-2018, 10:56 AM)Luvnit2 Wrote: You mean your significant other won;t be thrilled to invest in a Bengal's message board. Shocking stuff   Smirk

Valentines idea.... give your lady a letter saying “a donation has been made in your name to thebengalsboard.com message board.” They’ll love that right?!
Reply/Quote
(02-08-2018, 05:28 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: This year, I've decided to allow the possibility for members to donate to the costs of running the site over for 2018. The goal is $700, which would cover the everything including hosting, domain renewal and a new customized, fully responsive theme.

Anyone who chooses to donate will get a 'Bengals Board Supporter' badge in their sig and be recognized on the home page. Also, if the total goal is met, we may end up getting rid of ads altogether.

Please click here if you would like ton donate and support The Bengals Board. For those who do donate, leave a comment on the donation page with your username so you can get your badge.

Thanks,
BJ

I'll be donating once I get home from work today.

Question though...is $700 the yearly cost to run this site? Or is that lifetime?
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(02-12-2018, 12:49 PM)leonardfan40 Wrote: Valentines idea.... give your lady a letter saying “a donation has been made in your name to thebengalsboard.com message board.” They’ll love that right?!

LMAO

Reply/Quote
(02-12-2018, 11:33 AM)Luvnit2 Wrote: Members contribute in many ways, money is just one so no big deal for those who can't do to finances. 

I agree.....but holic has financed this from the get go, so I'm going to help a little when I can. ThumbsUp

Reply/Quote
(02-12-2018, 01:09 PM)ochocincos Wrote: I'll be donating once I get home from work today.

Question though...is $700 the yearly cost to run this site? Or is that lifetime?

It's about $54 per month for everything in the current hosting package, which comes out to $628 per year...plus $15 per year for the domain, which comes to $643. That will leave around a $57 buffer for other things, like getting a responsive theme and maybe a premium plugin or two.
Reply/Quote
(02-12-2018, 12:49 PM)leonardfan40 Wrote: Valentines idea.... give your lady a letter saying “a donation has been made in your name to thebengalsboard.com message board.” They’ll love that right?!

Yep, that will make for a great day, week and year!

Or in my wife's case, lifetime. I love her but she brings up stuff from 1976.

Reply/Quote