Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
SITE DONATIONS
(02-14-2018, 05:12 PM)Vas Deferens Wrote: You never know man.  A big influx of traffic and this little side project of yours could get expensive.  

Outside of mike getting retargeted for a size 55 B steelers bra, I haven't heard anyone complaining. 

You wouldn't be seen as some industrial age robber baron, we just appreciate the work you guys put into all of this.  No need to hit some exact budget or anything.  Just keep the donations and ad rev.  If we need to donate again in a year or so, so be it.

Just my 2 cents.  TAKE IT!  NO!  HERE ITS YOURS!  

There's definitely truth to that. As the size of the board has grown from year one to now, so have the costs.
Reply/Quote
(02-14-2018, 05:31 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: There's definitely truth to that. As the size of the board has grown from year one to now, so have the costs.

Keep the ads.  

If you end up with a surplus you'll figure something out.

Maybe a Bengals Board BBQ with a BB Hall of Fame roast or a Q & A with Lap and Hoardie.

Or just pay yourself for all the work you've done.  You've more than earned it.

The ads (at this point) are pretty unobtrusive. 
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
The ads don't bother me. Of course I have an ad blocker and don't see them. But I agree with the other guys, if you end up with a surplus, so be it.
[Image: DC42UUb.png]
Reply/Quote
We are now $64 short of the goal I really appreciate everything holic has done
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

Reply/Quote
(02-15-2018, 02:30 PM)psychdoctor Wrote: We are now $64 short of the goal I really appreciate everything holic has done

Thank you for the very generous donation brother!
Reply/Quote
(02-15-2018, 02:56 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: Thank you for the very generous donation brother!

I guess I need to learn to read.  I thought the tip went to you not the pay site!  Shocked

Oh well, it is for a good cause.  
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

Reply/Quote
Can I ask how ads work? Do you get paid just to have them up, or do people have to click on them? A little of each?
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
(02-15-2018, 03:45 PM)michaelsean Wrote: Can I ask how ads work?  Do you get paid just to have them up, or do people have to click on them?  A little of each?

I think it's all about traffic. If you get x amount of traffic you get x amount of money. 
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS2LMwnxebk2zwcBWk4W7X...I8vWk4x3_g]
Reply/Quote
(02-15-2018, 03:45 PM)michaelsean Wrote: Can I ask how ads work?  Do you get paid just to have them up, or do people have to click on them?  A little of each?

Ad revenue is based on impressions and clicks. One of the problems with ads on this board, is that approximately 46% of all visitors use some type of ad block, which means they never view any ads, therefore no impressions. Another issue is that there are very few clicks on any of the ads.
Reply/Quote
(02-15-2018, 03:56 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: Ad revenue is based on impressions and clicks. One of the problems with ads on this board, is that approximately 46% of all visitors use some type of ad block, which means they never view any ads, therefore no impressions. Another issue is that there are very few clicks on any of the ads. 

I'm guessing you get very little per click, but I'll start clicking on stuff.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
Almost there.

In addition to my small donation, I'd also like to give thanks to those who have made this message board what it is. Even though I was inactive for a good amount of its existence, I appreciate the efforts to keep the community from the old site intact. From the creators and organizers of the site, to the moderators and contributors, you're all awesome.
LFG  

[Image: oyb7yuz66nd81.jpg]

Reply/Quote
(02-15-2018, 04:02 PM)michaelsean Wrote: I'm guessing you get very little per click, but I'll start clicking on stuff.

I only clicking on the dating site ads because I want to do my part for the Board
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(02-15-2018, 04:04 PM)Johnny Cupcakes Wrote: Almost there.

In addition to my small donation, I'd also like to give thanks to those who have made this message board what it is. Even though I was inactive for a good amount of its existence, I appreciate the efforts to keep the community from the old site intact.  From the creators and organizers of the site, to the moderators and contributors, you're all awesome.

Thank you for donating brother.  :andy:
Reply/Quote
We could start a "click an ad tuesday" or something

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
merely starting to click on things will only provide short term gains with the current provider. the performance of those clicks will lower the quality score assigned to the site if backend conversions dont occur. ultimately when it comes to ad placements in forums it comes down to sheer volume of impressions in most cases.

if you do click on an ad, be sure not to immediately close the site, show some engagement, time on advertiser site from a click gets put into the equation. that being said, if anyone is retargeted with an item they previously looked at and are still considering purchasing (cough cough Mike); clicking through the ad from here and completing the purchase is ideal for the forum's monetization long term... with the current ad platform that is.
Reply/Quote
Just donated finally. Had to go use someone else's computer to load link.

Would think my mac book would do it. But guess something is outdated. Yet only a few years old.

Anyway it put the number to $666 which I hated seeing.

But closer to goal anyhow.

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(02-15-2018, 05:56 PM)Go Cards Wrote: Just donated finally. Had to go use someone else's computer to load link.

Would think my mac book would do it. But guess something is outdated. Yet only a few years old.

Anyway it put the number to $666 which I hated seeing.

But closer to goal anyhow.

Thanks Cards!  :andy:

Yeah, just about there already - in just a week - which is pretty impressive. I can't thank you guys enough for donating and covering the costs for this year. This community continues to step up and prove why this is the best message board on the web!
Reply/Quote
I get a ton of entertainment from you folks, and like to think that my rare posts contribute in a small way. Thanks for doing this for us, 'Holic.
Reply/Quote
(02-08-2018, 11:20 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: Thank you to those that have donated so far:

HarleyDog
FreezeBowlBengal
BmorePat87
Tiger Teeth
Sabretooth
bfine32
Benton
michaelsean
StLucieBengal
rfaulk34
SunsetBengal
treee
Luvnit2
grampahol
BengalChris
sloSTI
kdgjr
ochocincos
vas deferens
Hoofhearted
3wt
Mike M (the other one)
psychdoctor,
Johnny Cupcakes
Go Cards
snowy

C'mon, you know that you want your name on this list of true, Bengal Board immortals!

We're getting close to the goal, not much time left.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(02-15-2018, 06:20 PM)snowy Wrote: I get a ton of entertainment from you folks, and like to think that my rare posts contribute in a small way. Thanks for doing this for us, 'Holic.

Thank you for the generous donation snowy!

(02-15-2018, 06:34 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: C'mon, you know that you want your name on this list of true, Bengal Board immortals!

We're getting close to the goal, not much time left.

The donation from snowy put us over the top at $716. A huge thank you to everyone who donated!!!
Reply/Quote