Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
SITE DONATIONS
(02-12-2018, 01:48 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: It's about $54 per month for everything in the current hosting package, which comes out to $628 per year...plus $15 per year for the domain, which comes to $643. That will leave around a $57 buffer for other things, like getting a responsive theme and maybe a premium plugin or two.

Based on this info and my understanding you funded this 100% in the past, we need to get you caught up. It is not fair you paid for this expense, it was nice of you,,but everyone needs to find a way to double (at a minimum) the original goal. This way we can start paying you back.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(02-12-2018, 11:01 AM)Wyche Wrote: LMAO......it's not so much that as she switched jobs last month.  The way the pay periods worked out, she didn't get a check until the last week of the month.  So, I carried all of the bills, groceries, etc.  Naturally, I'm still restocking the funds from that.  Now, I love you guys and all, but I ain't dipping into my savings.... LMAO

My wife is a huge Bengals fan and football fan in general, but she doesn't really get the whole message board thing, and she's not so crazy about the time or money I've spent on the site.

Every time she sees a charge on the bank statement that's related to the board, she acts like I just paid for a subscription to MrSkin.com or something. LMAO
Reply/Quote
(02-12-2018, 01:48 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: It's about $54 per month for everything in the current hosting package, which comes out to $628 per year...plus $15 per year for the domain, which comes to $643. That will leave around a $57 buffer for other things, like getting a responsive theme and maybe a premium plugin or two.

Thanks for these details Holic.
I think having these details out in the open can help make everyone aware of what all goes into running a site of this caliber.

And not trying to push this agenda on everyone, but just for a bit of info...we can get to $700 by just having 35 people donate $20 each.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
I just put $10 in...Best I can do today. Thanks for all you do!!! Having this up and running so quick after losing the Mother Ship was a great accomplishment. Thanks!!!
Reply/Quote
(02-12-2018, 01:57 PM)ochocincos Wrote: Thanks for these details Holic.
I think having these details out in the open can help make everyone aware of what all goes into running a site of this caliber.

And not trying to push this agenda on everyone, but just for a bit of info...we can get to $700 by just having 35 people donate $20 each.

I have a challenge.
Anyone who I have pissed off (probably 95% in the forum) donate $10.

This post probably pissed off the 5% so make that 100% now!

Let's get to $1400 so Holic can stay married and make his better half happy
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(02-12-2018, 01:53 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: Based on this info and my understanding you funded this 100% in the past, we need to get you caught up. It is not fair you paid for this expense, it was nice of you,,but everyone needs to find a way to double (at a minimum) the original goal. This way we can start paying you back.

I funded the site for about the first 20 months, but ad revenue helped pay the bills last year.

Allowing the community to donate this year will not only cover the bill for 2018, but we might get rid of the ads as well. 
Reply/Quote
(02-12-2018, 02:02 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: I have a challenge.
Anyone who I have pissed off (probably 95% in the forum) donate $10.

This post probably pissed off the 5% so make that 100% now!

Let's get to $1400 so Holic can stay married and make his better half happy

(Cue in song "Arms of an Angel" here). For less than .07 cents per day, You can make lasting change in a board members life by helping provide discussion and humor, Peer development and education. All for less than .07 cents a day. Start improving a Bengal Board life today. 

Sad

Reply/Quote
(02-12-2018, 04:26 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: (Cue in song "Arms of an Angel" here). For less than .07 cents per day, You can make lasting change in a board members life by helping provide discussion and humor, Peer development and education. All for less than .07 cents a day. Start improving a Bengal Board life today. 

Sad

Cue fred looking at the camera despairingly  Mellow LOL 
Reply/Quote
(02-12-2018, 04:26 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: (Cue in song "Arms of an Angel" here). For less than .07 cents per day, You can make lasting change in a board members life by helping provide discussion and humor, Peer development and education. All for less than .07 cents a day. Start improving a Bengal Board life today. 

Sad

(02-12-2018, 04:49 PM)treee Wrote: Cue fred looking at the camera with a despairing look  Mellow LOL 

Dammit...this is playing in my head now! Mellow
Reply/Quote

Sad

I always change the channel when I see that commercial for two reasons.
1) My dogs actually watch TV and will bark whenever they see/hear an animal on there.
2) It's sad.
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(02-12-2018, 01:09 PM)ochocincos Wrote: I'll be donating once I get home from work today.

Question though...is $700 the yearly cost to run this site? Or is that lifetime?

Donation submitted as of right...
[Image: qOl1q89.gif]
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(02-12-2018, 01:58 PM)kdgjr Wrote: I just put $10 in...Best I can do today. Thanks for all you do!!! Having this up and running so quick after losing the Mother Ship was a great accomplishment. Thanks!!!

(02-12-2018, 07:56 PM)ochocincos Wrote: Donation submitted as of right...

Thanks guys. Much appreciated!
Reply/Quote
(02-12-2018, 07:56 PM)ochocincos Wrote: Donation submitted as of right...

[Image: Cat%20Grabs%20Money.gif]

Reply/Quote
(02-12-2018, 08:33 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: [Image: Cat%20Grabs%20Money.gif]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
I'm getting around to it, when I have it to spare. I wouldn't assume people don't care. There are a lot of folks who live check to check or close to it. I have zero doubt we'll get to $700 and likely surpass it, no guilt trips necessary.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
It's also worth noting that we're in the most dead part of the year for the boards. After the SB, but before FA and well before the draft. So there's probably a lot of guys who haven't even seen this yet.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(02-13-2018, 09:42 AM)Shake n Blake Wrote: It's also worth noting that we're in the most dead part of the year for the boards. After the SB, but before FA and well before the draft. So there's probably a lot of guys who haven't even seen this yet.

Yea, the best time for a fund raising event would probably be around the last preseason game imo. Fans are psyched about the upcoming season, so there's an uptick in traffic I'm sure.
Reply/Quote
(02-13-2018, 09:53 AM)treee Wrote: Yea, the best time for a fund raising event would probably be around the last preseason game imo. Fans are psyched about the upcoming season, so there's an uptick in traffic I'm sure.

Fo sho. We'll still hit that threshold, but it might take just a bit longer. 
Reply/Quote
I had to buy my wedding bands which left me in a giant hole, that I've (sadly) had to cover with savings and they'll be in my account tomorrow.

I'll donate then :)
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
Can not open site for donations.

Is there another way ?

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote