Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
SMART MOVE BY MARVIN
I don't think Marvin is getting enough praise for making a smart move mid-way into the season.  While most teams give very little Reps to their backup QBs during the week of practice especially in the middle of the season, Marvin started giving AJ more reps in practice after seeing  the rash of injuries to QBs... I know AJ commented on how this helped him be a bit more ready when he has to go in as a starter...

Amazing to think that in the mist of Dalton's best season ever, that he actually increased the reps for AJ the backup...

Good job Marvin, lets hope that smart coaching decision helps out Monday night and rest of season.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Why did AJM say he didn't get first team reps on 700WLW after the Pitt game? Said he never gets to but Marvin says the contrary??

Confused Popcorn
"We have been sentenced to life in the prison that is a Bengals fan and we are going to serve out our time"
Reply/Quote
Well the more reps might not mean totally with 1st team.. I believe that is what Marvin stated also... bottom line there have been a few sources such as from Jay Glazer that have reported more reps through the year for AJ...

http://www.cincyjungle.com/2015/12/21/10633980/andy-dalton-injury-update-daltons-cast-replaced-with-smaller-option
Reply/Quote
(12-27-2015, 12:47 PM)corpjet Wrote: Why did AJM say he didn't get first team reps on 700WLW after the Pitt game?  Said he never gets to but Marvin says the contrary??

Confused  Popcorn

I was thinking the same thing but didn't want to take away his excitement for Marvin.

Reply/Quote
(12-27-2015, 12:57 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: I was thinking the same thing but didn't want to take away his excitement for Marvin.

Nah, leave it to Marvin to take away his excitement for Marvin.  That's who stole mine. 
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
(12-27-2015, 12:57 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: I was thinking the same thing but didn't want to take away his excitement for Marvin.

I think it would be praise not excitement...  Just in case you are confused here are the two definitions...

PRAISE:  the expression of approval or admiration for someone or something.

EXCITEMENT: a feeling of great enthusiasm and eagerness.

Hilarious
Reply/Quote
Marvin always gives young qb's a small package each week to work on.   He did it with CP his first year.   This is how they learn

AJM probably didn't see it as "first team reps" because it wasn't the same load Andy was given.
Reply/Quote
(12-27-2015, 03:09 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: Marvin always gives young qb's a small package

Thats what she said.
Reply/Quote
Praise for Marvin will not be tolerated. Please cease immediately.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote