Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
STEELERS LACK OF PLAYOFF EXPERIENCE
I might not be exact on the number but im pretty close.. the Steelers who have not won a playoff game since 2010 season and only have like 7 players on their team that had won a playoff game with Steelers. The idea that their roster is a experienced team with winning in playoffs in their pocket is a myth.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Compared to the 0 Bengals players who have won a playoff game with the Bengals? Great point about their lack of experience. Ninja

They also have at least 3 people who have won multiple rings with the Steelers.

Stupid thread is stupid.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(01-04-2016, 11:03 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Compared to the 0 Bengals players who have won a playoff game with the Bengals? Great point about their lack of experience. Ninja

Stupid thread is stupid.

I disagree.. almost 90 percent of their roster have never experienced a playoff win.. that is just plain fact.. many people and maybe you are one of them just assume that this is a veteran experienced team with playoff victories.. it is not.. that is the point of the thread.. you decided in connect it to the Bengals, I did not.. I am pointing out a fair fact that people tend to miss since they are so focused on the lack of playoff wins by the Bengals.
Reply/Quote
(01-04-2016, 11:14 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: I disagree.. almost 90 percent of their roster have never experienced a playoff win.. that is just plain fact.. many people and maybe you are one of them just assume that this is a veteran experienced team with playoff victories.. it is not.. that is the point of the thread.. you decided in connect it to the Bengals, I did not.. I am pointing out a fair fact that people tend to miss since they are so focused on the lack of playoff wins by the Bengals.

Er...so they have MORE players with more playoff success than we do but you have determined it is not a significant enough amount to count?  Meh, fair enough.
Reply/Quote
Ben and Tomlin both have plenty of experience winning playoff games. That gives them a big advantage... nice try, but this thread does not hold water.
Reply/Quote
(01-04-2016, 11:31 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Er...so they have MORE players with more playoff success than we do but you have determined it is not a significant enough amount to count?  Meh, fair enough.

so around 10 percent means is a significant amount ?   fair enough back
Reply/Quote
(01-04-2016, 11:37 PM)OrlandoBengal Wrote: Ben and Tomlin both have plenty of experience winning playoff games.  That gives them a big advantage... nice try, but this thread does not hold water.

I disagree.. on Defense they have little or no experience in winning or much less playing much in the playoffs.. there seems to be a narrative that it is only the Bengals recent lack of success in playoffs that is what we should be focused on.. I give you a evidence that draws on the lack of experience on Steelers team and you just dismiss it as not fact.. sorry your post holds no water 
Reply/Quote
Apparently nothing in here....

[Image: 8sFxy.jpg]

Reply/Quote
(01-04-2016, 11:56 PM)The Real Deal Wrote: Apparently nothing in here....

[Image: 8sFxy.jpg]

How were you able to get your brain in the picture.. Who Dey Baby
Reply/Quote
(01-04-2016, 11:58 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: How were you able to get your brain in the picture.. Who Dey Baby

I'm too dumb to even understand what this means lol 

Reply/Quote
(01-05-2016, 12:02 AM)The Real Deal Wrote: I'm too dumb to even understand what this means lol 

You probably are. guess that is why you did not have a thoughtful response in the thread... lol
Reply/Quote
(01-05-2016, 12:03 AM)Essex Johnson Wrote: You probably are. guess that is why you did not have a thoughtful response in the thread... lol

I'd say I hope I can some day be on the level of your cerebral capacity, but I will never be able to reach to the heights of a man of your intellect. What is a guy to do? 

Reply/Quote
(01-05-2016, 12:10 AM)The Real Deal Wrote: I'd say I hope I can some day be on the level of your cerebral capacity, but I will never be able to reach to the heights of a man of your intellect. What is a guy to do? 

move to Pittsburgh  Hilarious
Reply/Quote
Meh. I don't think this thread is as ridiculous as some make it seem. Beyond Ben, Tomlin and Harrison, how much winning playoff experience do they have?

They haven't won a playoff game since 2010, so literally 90% of their roster only knows losing in the playoffs.

I don't think the point is that the Bengals trump the Steelers in that category. The point is that the Steelers aren't a team loaded with players who know how to win in the playoffs. Their experiences over the last 4 years are no better than the Bengals'.

Sure, having Tomlin and Roethlisberger should help...I guess. Did it really help them in their last 2 playoff games? They need a total team effort just as much as we do.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
I understand the sentiment, but a lot of it is a team culture issue. The team didn't expect Stanley Wilson to go on a coke bender and cause a last second change to the offense. The organization didn't plan on putting Kitna in place of Palmer. The steelers still have the edge in that respect. If there's more down the road thinking, their organization has been there and done that.

Our best edge is the fact we're more talented at every single position.
Reply/Quote
(01-04-2016, 11:50 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: so around 10 percent means is a significant amount ?   fair enough back

Can you honestly say that if we had 5 Super Bowls between the starting QB, HC, and one of the defensive leaders on our team that you could say "Meh, no big diferernce there!"
Reply/Quote
(01-05-2016, 01:27 AM)Nately120 Wrote: Can you honestly say that if we had 5 Super Bowls between the starting QB, HC, and one of the defensive leaders on our team that you could say "Meh, no big diferernce there!"

Well I can say that of those expierenced guys Jen is a turnover machine and Tomlin is a game management nightmare waiting to happen. As far as James .... I don't know how many snaps he is playing these days but he has been consistent. Not sure he can carry the team .
Reply/Quote
(01-05-2016, 12:53 AM)Benton Wrote: I understand the sentiment, but a lot of it is a team culture issue. The team didn't expect Stanley Wilson to go on a coke bender and cause a last second change to the offense. The organization didn't plan on putting Kitna in place of Palmer. The steelers still have the edge in that respect. If there's more down the road thinking, their organization has been there and done that.

Our best edge is the fact we're more talented at every single position.

I also think we are more consistent position by position. The game will hinge on whether AJM turns the ball over
Reply/Quote
(01-04-2016, 11:03 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Compared to the 0 Bengals players who have won a playoff game with the Bengals? Great point about their lack of experience. Ninja

Stupid thread is stupid.

AJ Hawk would like a word with you. He may not have won here, but the guy has won in the playoffs.

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

Reply/Quote
(01-05-2016, 02:11 AM)Murdock2420 Wrote: AJ Hawk would like a word with you.

Didn't he beat the steelers for a ring?
Reply/Quote