Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
STEELERS LACK OF PLAYOFF EXPERIENCE
(01-05-2016, 02:12 AM)StLucieBengal Wrote: Didn't he beat the steelers for a ring?

I do believe he did.  ThumbsUp

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Playoff experience means shit, how many playoff wins have the bengals got with their roster that is loaded with "playoff experience?"

How did Tebow win a playoff game without "playoff experience?"

Stop that nonsense, this thread is dumb
Reply/Quote
Something I think that hasn't really been focused on is that since Andy Dalton and AJ Green came into the league, the Steelers have actually been worse than the Bengals. Not only have they also not won a playoff game, they have had a worse record over the past five seasons (including this one) at 49 wins compared to 52.5 wins for the Bengals.

Here's to hoping that trend of the Steelers not having playoff win since 2010 and a worse regular season record than the Bengals continues!
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(01-05-2016, 06:30 AM)Element Wrote: Playoff experience means shit, how many playoff wins have the bengals got with their roster that is loaded with "playoff experience?"

How did Tebow win a playoff game without "playoff experience?"

Stop that nonsense, this thread is dumb

You bring up a good point and that is why I created the thread.. so many people are stuck that the Steelers have all this playoff experience and that will be a big benefit this Saturday or that past history influences how players play today.  The Steelers and the Bengals ( but worse) have not performed well at all in the playoffs as a team in recent history.  The Bengals are 0-4 and Steelers are 0-2 since 2011.  Very few players remain on the Steelers from their championship team, a great majority of their players have enjoyed zero playoff success.  

So the thread is not dumb what is dumb is to equate this Steeler team as a whole with great playoff success.  It is totally fair to point out the lack of success of this Bengals team but to not do the same to this Steelers team is just hypocritical. 
Reply/Quote
Being that the rules are the same during playoffs as they are the rest of the season playoff experience means exactly nothing. You either win or lose. The Bengals have LOTS OF playoff experience, all bad.
It's like saying that you have lots of experience driving a car on a quiet suburban street with no traffic and not even a stop sign and somehow you're qualified to win the Indianapolis 500..
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(01-05-2016, 12:43 PM)grampahol Wrote: Being that the rules are the same during playoffs as they are the rest of the season playoff experience means exactly nothing. You either win or lose. The Bengals have LOTS OF playoff experience,  all bad.
It's like saying that you have lots of experience driving a car on a quiet suburban street with no traffic and not even a stop sign and somehow you're qualified to win the Indianapolis 500..

I agree that is why the idea that the Steelers have such superior experience really means nothing.. In the end it is how you play the game.  

A great example would be the defeat that Ravens and Denver inflicted on the Steelers last two playoffs, both of those games, Steelers were favored and lost.. Tebow has zero playoff experience and won that game.
Reply/Quote
This thread is reaching.
#WhoDey
#RuleTheJungle
#TheyGottaPlayUs
#WeAreYourSuperBowl

Reply/Quote
(01-05-2016, 01:33 PM)Interceptor Wrote: This thread is reaching.

This thread is about reaching...yeah we can make that happen.

[Image: 6357737556202012011550093469__ZRZMwhLCfO...ZZYzrTVCwU]

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

Reply/Quote
(01-05-2016, 02:11 AM)Murdock2420 Wrote: AJ Hawk would like a word with you. He may not have won here, but the guy has won in the playoffs.

AJ HAwk could have a word with me, but it wouldn't make you less wrong in trying to insert this as far as the topic of discussion goes.

From the OP: "...that had won a playoff game with Steelers"

We're talking about players who won with their current teams.

- - - - -

As for the Steelers, we don't even need to go to playoff win. Current Steelers who won a ring with the Steelers...

Ben Roethlisberger (x2)
Heath Miller (x2)
Matt Spaeth
Lawrence Timmons
James Harrison (x2)
William Gay

Plus their HC.

That's not even playoff win, that's Super Bowl win. They have 6 players and their HC still on their roster from their last championship. Meanwhile the Bengals have 0 people on their roster who have even won a single playoff game with the Bengals an a HC who's 0-6. So this thread? Really F'ing stupid.

/end thread

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(01-05-2016, 11:29 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: AJ HAwk could have a word with me, but it wouldn't make you less wrong in trying to insert this as far as the topic of discussion goes.

- - - - -

As for the Steelers, we don't even need to go to playoff win. Current Steelers who won a ring with the Steelers...

Ben Roethlisberger (x2)
Heath Miller (x2)
Matt Spaeth
Lawrence Timmons
James Harrison (x2)
William Gay

Plus their HC.

That's not even playoff win, that's Super Bowl win. They have 6 players and their HC still on their roster from their last championship. Meanwhile the Bengals have 0 people on their roster who have even won a single playoff game with the Bengals an a HC who's 0-6. So this thread? Really F'ing stupid.

/end thread

This is how the thread went:

----Steelers lack playoff experience!!!!
They have more playoff experience than we do.
----Playoff experience doesn't matter!!!!
Reply/Quote
(01-05-2016, 11:29 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: AJ HAwk could have a word with me, but it wouldn't make you less wrong in trying to insert this as far as the topic of discussion goes.

- - - - -

Ben Roethlisberger (x2)
Heath Miller (x2)
Matt Spaeth
Lawrence Timmons
James Harrison (x2)
William Gay

Plus their HC.

/end thread

Current Steelers who haven't won a Super Bowl (or maybe even a playoff game) with the Steelers:

Mike Adams
Cortez Allen
Will Allen
Kelvin Beachum
Jordan Berry
Antwon Blake
Rob Blanchflower
Chris Boswell
Brandon Boykin
Antonio Brown
Martavis Bryant
Anthony Chickillo
Sammie Coates
Ross Cockrell
David DeCastro
Bud Dupree
L.J. Fort
Ramon Foster
Terence Garvin
Clifton Geathers
Marcus Gilbert
Robert Golden
Bruce Gradkowski
Doran Grant
Cameron Heyward
Darrius Heyward-Bey
Chris Hubbard
Jesse James
Will Johnson
Jarvis Jones
Landry Jones
Doug Legursky
Daniel McCullers
Steve McLendon
Michael Mitchell
Arthur Moats
David Nelson
Roosevelt Nix
Kelvin Palmer
Maurkice Pouncey
Eli Rogers
Ryan Shazier
Sean Spence
Byron Stingily
Cam Thomas
Shamarko Thomas
Jordan Todman
Fitzgerald Toussaint
Stephon Tuitt
Mitchell Van Dyk
Ross Ventrone
Michael Vick
Alejandro Villanueva
Cody Wallace
Leterrius Walton
Greg Warren
Markus Wheaton
DeAngelo Williams
Vince Williams
Jordan Zumwalt

Plus both coordinators (Todd Haley and Keith Butler). That's pretty significant, right? So the fact that a small handful of players and the HC won a SB seven years ago is supposed to make up for all that lack of experience?

Maybe I'm wrong, but I don't think OP was saying our experience trumps theirs or is even equal. He was simply saying that they aren't as experienced as some think. I agree. Tomlin still hasn't won a playoff game since Dick Lebeau left, and 90% of their roster is wet behind the ears.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(01-05-2016, 12:43 PM)grampahol Wrote: Being that the rules are the same during playoffs as they are the rest of the season playoff experience means exactly nothing. You either win or lose. The Bengals have LOTS OF playoff experience,  all bad.

I don't understand what you are trying to say.

First you say playoff experience means nothing, then you say that the Bengals lack of success in the playoffs is a bad thing. If regular season experience is the same as playoffs then our 12-4 record this year means a lot.

Which is it?
Reply/Quote
(01-05-2016, 12:50 AM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Meh. I don't think this thread is as ridiculous as some make it seem. Beyond Ben, Tomlin and Harrison, how much winning playoff experience do they have?

They haven't won a playoff game since 2010, so literally 90% of their roster only knows losing in the playoffs.

I don't think the point is that the Bengals trump the Steelers in that category. The point is that the Steelers aren't a team loaded with players who know how to win in the playoffs. Their experiences over the last 4 years are no better than the Bengals'.

Sure, having Tomlin and Roethlisberger should help...I guess. Did it really help them in their last 2 playoff games? They need a total team effort just as much as we do.

The Steelers do have an edge, the refs seem to lean their way all the time! Ninja
Reply/Quote

- - - - -

Ben Roethlisberger (x2)
Heath Miller (x2)
Matt Spaeth
Lawrence Timmons
James Harrison (x2)
William Gay

Plus their HC.

/end thread
So that means 47 of their players i believe have never experienced a playoff victory ?? thanks for supporting my thread  ThumbsUp
Reply/Quote