Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Optimistic After Today's Raven game
(11-11-2019, 04:06 AM)kevin Wrote: NO, because they will draft a QB and therefore still have the Worst Defense and Worst O Line in the NFL.   Soon everybody will say what is wrong with this QB, why can't he win with Bengals ?   Why indeed.   Then Fans will be rooting for Bengals to lose every game in 2020 so they can draft another QB.   

I will have Hope when they actually address the Defense and The O Line, and good chance Bengals don't do that and get QB and weak finesse players in the draft.  So Bengals stay the weakest team in trenches in the NFL,  OH BOY, OH HAPPY DAY. 

The trade of Dalton will create a lot of cap space. If we want to build in the trenches also do not sign Green. Plenty of money to go after improvements in the trenches if we do that.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(11-11-2019, 06:56 AM)RASCAL Wrote: EXACTLY AND THEN THE FIRST ROUND PICK WILL not want to come here!!!

Who cares? He has no choice other than to not play in the NFL if that is his stance.

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(11-11-2019, 10:34 AM)tenacious-B Wrote: How are more of us Bengals fans not understanding the implication of how bad we are? The #1 player in college is not going to want to come to a franchise that hasn't even won a playoff game in close to 30 years on top of coming off a season where they were record-breaking shitty. This franchise is way worse than the 2004 Chargers that Eli refused to play for. I can almost guarantee that if we pick Burrows, Tua or Chase Young they will never play a down in a Bengals uniform. 

I honestly think we are seeing the beginning of the end for our beloved but unfortunate franchise. 

1.  The Chargers team that drafted Elin in 2004 had not had a winning season in the previousn 8 years.  We have made the playoffs 5 times in the last 8 years.

2.  After Eli Refused to play for the Chargers in 2004 they went 12-4 and started a string of 8 years with 5 playoff appearances and no losing seasons.
Reply/Quote
(11-11-2019, 10:34 AM)tenacious-B Wrote: How are more of us Bengals fans not understanding the implication of how bad we are? The #1 player in college is not going to want to come to a franchise that hasn't even won a playoff game in close to 30 years on top of coming off a season where they were record-breaking shitty. This franchise is way worse than the 2004 Chargers that Eli refused to play for. I can almost guarantee that if we pick Burrows, Tua or Chase Young they will never play a down in a Bengals uniform. 

I honestly think we are seeing the beginning of the end for our beloved but unfortunate franchise. 

LOL

So they choose to work at Target versus playing in the NFL and making hundreds of millions. Silly talk, they have no choice.

Reply/Quote
(11-11-2019, 10:46 AM)Luvnit2 Wrote: LOL

So they choose to work at Target versus playing in the NFL and making hundreds of millions. Silly talk, they have no choice.

Is this true? If so, that makes me a bit relieved, but I was under the impression that a player could refuse to sign with a team like both Eli & Elway did. 
Reply/Quote
(11-11-2019, 10:43 AM)Luvnit2 Wrote: Who cares? He has no choice other than to not play in the NFL is that is his stance.

You call this the NFL?  Mellow

Only in name my friend...only in name.

Reply/Quote
(11-11-2019, 10:45 AM)fredtoast Wrote: 1.  The Chargers team that drafted Elin in 2004 had not had a winning season in the previousn 8 years.  We have made the playoffs 5 times in the last 8 years.

2.  After Eli Refused to play for the Chargers in 2004 they went 12-4 and started a string of 8 years with 5 playoff appearances and no losing seasons.

But Eli has 2 rings and Philip has nothing Mellow

Reply/Quote
(11-10-2019, 08:16 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: Or we could have a 2011 type turn around when we made playoffs and most experts picked us as 32nd best team

Got to start someone and maybe embarrassment from FO to every player ignites them in 2020

we were picked to be last this year.. but this time they were right
Reply/Quote
(11-11-2019, 10:46 AM)Luvnit2 Wrote: LOL

They can choose to not enter the draft and be signed as a free agent by ANY team. The Draft is not necessary to play in the NFL.
Reply/Quote
(11-11-2019, 11:21 AM)Gamma Ray Tan Wrote: They can choose to not enter the draft and be signed as a free agent by ANY team. The Draft is not necessary to play in the NFL.

No you have to enter the draft. If you could just become a FA, all high caliber players would choose that and make way more money on their rookie contract. He can choose to sit out an entire year, then re-enter the draft the following offseason but that will cost him a year of his prime and hurt his draft stock.

Plus there is no guarantee that Mike wouldn’t pick the player again just out of spite lol that’d actually be kind of funny
Reply/Quote
(11-11-2019, 11:36 AM)leonardfan40 Wrote: No you have to enter the draft. If you could just become a FA, all high caliber players would choose that and make way more money on their rookie contract. He can choose to sit out an entire year, then re-enter the draft the following offseason but that will cost him a year of his prime and hurt his draft stock.

Plus there is no guarantee that Mike wouldn’t pick the player again just out of spite lol that’d actually be kind of funny

Didn’t Antonio Gates play basketball and just try out for The Chargers. He never even played football in college.
Reply/Quote
(11-11-2019, 11:49 AM)Gamma Ray Tan Wrote: Didn’t Antonio Gates play basketball and just try out for The Chargers. He never even played football in college.

He was not drafted. NFL controls draft process.

Today's picks do not even know if they are the number 1 or 2 pick, so to say I will not play for this team or that team is highly unlikely. Face it, all teams drafting in top 3 suck so not like they can say I want to play for the Pats.

Reply/Quote
(11-11-2019, 10:43 AM)Luvnit2 Wrote: Who cares? He has no choice other than to not play in the NFL if that is his stance.

Any drafted player can refuse to sign, then re-enter the draft in the following year
Fredtoast + Ignore = Forum bliss

Reply/Quote
I’m optimistic. After all, if Lamar Jackson is this good right now, just imagine the potential Billy Price has, a whole 11 picks better than him!
Reply/Quote
I thought the team was at rock bottom a couple weeks ago. So if you want to be optimistic and ignore all of the real problems then just look at the fact that the running game got going and maybe they can carry that next week and that combined with Dalton and AJ Green they can get a win. BUT, they were just running to end the game asap and Baltimore was probably fine with giving up the little bit of yards just to keep the clock going and not gas out. So this franchise is as bad as it can get right now and this is the time you would normally hope for ownership to make some changes and cut bait with this thing we are trying with this head coach. So if you want to be optimistic you can hope that the fix is as easy as changing head coaches and maybe defense coordinators and get a couple good offensive linemen and boom you're right back in it.
[Image: 5Lx1vqY]
Reply/Quote
We don't need the team record at rock bottom - we need the local revenue flowing to the Browns at rock bottom.
Fredtoast + Ignore = Forum bliss

Reply/Quote