Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3.33 Average
***SUPER BOWL LVI GameDay Thread - Rams vs Bengals***
Terrible feeling to lose, far as the game goes hated the Perine call running right at Donald and the Wilson PI was brutal. With that being said we had chances to win and caught a break with Beckham getting hurt and hadn’t scored since the int we had opportunities. Obviously offensive line needs be be addressed aggressively in free agency.
Reply/Quote
(02-14-2022, 12:41 AM)Tony Wrote: Eli Apple better not get on Twitter. He gave up a couple tds and was a weak link. We need a DB

Definitely need a CB. Had OBJ not gone out the game might not even have been as close as it was.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
(02-14-2022, 12:46 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Definitely need a CB. Had OBJ not gone out the game might not even have been as close as it was.

He was killing it... They were just better. Still young. It sucks but anything is possible with Burrow. We could get back here again..
Reply/Quote
(02-14-2022, 12:40 AM)Wyche Wrote: I can't believe anyone is upset with that performance, minus the scoreboard. What a great effing year!

I'm disappointed but not upset.  This team had to beat the odds multiple times just to be there.   
Reply/Quote
Some of us are old and won't be around another 31 years. who knows if and when they will get another shot at a superbowl win. I applaud them for the great year and the effort but once again we get beat in the final minutes of a superbowl. Sad 
Reply/Quote
So pissed they let them play the whole game only to get flag happy at the end. The Wilson play was just an amazing play in the ball, no flag should have been thrown. Would have set up 4th down.

What sucks also was the drop by Boyd. We keep that drive slivd we win or at least we have OT. The play calling bothered me. Is it in Mixons contract that he gets the ball every first down. I don’t have a problem with Perine getting the ball at the end. I want to see what happen on that deep pass, was Chase held?

After half with that TD then turnover I really thought we had this. I told myself I wouldn’t be mad if we lost, but the way it went down with the refs just pisses me off.
Reply/Quote
(02-14-2022, 12:45 AM)Joelist Wrote: And we also know what has always happened with the Bengals when they have to say Wait Till Next Year. Plus is really hard to get to the playoffs much less the Super Bowl. So they still have the ghost of this franchise on them - the only way to really get rid of it was to win. 

....and anyone who REALY believes that BS needs to be on meds.  They played soft defense on that final scoring drive and were the receivers of a terrible holding call.  One could say it countered the earlier TD to Higgins and they'de be right.  I'm not sure if people really comprehend what Cincy did this season.  Had they won the SB they would have been considered a team of "Destiny"  The oline couldn't hold up in the second half.
Reply/Quote
(02-14-2022, 12:56 AM)swilson3828 Wrote: ....and anyone who REALY believes that BS needs to be on meds.  They played soft defense on that final scoring drive and were the receivers of a terrible holding call.  One could say it countered the earlier TD to Higgins and they'de be right.  I'm not sure if people really comprehend what Cincy did this season.  Had they won the SB they would have been considered a team of "Destiny"  The oline couldn't hold up in the second half.

100 percent. We were extremely lucky to be there. We don’t root for an organization that builds dynasties.
Reply/Quote
This is going to leave Joe Burrow hungry to make it right. People who want to talk crap about my QB's performance can just GTF off this bandwagon now because I'm not having it. Dude took more punishment this year than any QB ever to make a SB. He was under siege the entire SB and he stood in and had us on the cusp of victory.
Reply/Quote
(02-14-2022, 12:54 AM)TKUHL Wrote: So pissed they let them play the whole game only to get flag happy at the end. The Wilson play was just an amazing play in the ball, no flag should have been thrown. Would have set up 4th down.

What sucks also was the drop by Boyd. We keep that drive slivd we win or at least we have OT. The play calling bothered me. Is it in Mixons contract that he gets the ball every first down. I don’t have a problem with Perine getting the ball at the end. I want to see what happen on that deep pass, was Chase held?

After half with that TD then turnover I really thought we had this. I told myself I wouldn’t be mad if we lost, but the way it went down with the refs just pisses me off.

Seriously, I doubt Boyd makes the first down even if he catches it.  Still should h

ave caught it though
Reply/Quote
(02-14-2022, 12:59 AM)swilson3828 Wrote: Seriously, I doubt Boyd makes the first down even if he catches it.  Still should h

ave caught it though

Yeah, there's a very slim chance he could have spun for it, that's why he was looking.  But 90%, he wasn't going to make it.
Reply/Quote
(02-14-2022, 12:40 AM)Roland Wrote: It wasn't talked about because the broadcast was so busy writing the Kupp/Stafford story but the Awuzie injury really killed us.  Apple had a good season but you put him under that much pressure and sooner or later he'll make a mistake.

BTW Vernon Hargreaves should be off the team tomorrow.

I'm sure he gone

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
I think this pain is necessary in some way, like the memory of this loss is needed to win a superbowl. The naivety took us almost to the end, but were we supposed to say "we have babies on this team and we won it all!". Like I know the path was very hard but in some odd way it wasn't supposed to also be "easy". Now that Burrow and others know what it takes, and how close we were, it will make us better. The path is insanely tough through the AFC-N, but that's life and that will make it sweeter in the end.
Reply/Quote
(02-14-2022, 12:45 AM)swilson3828 Wrote: Apple sucks and isn't deserving of a starting DB spot on a contender.  On that final TD to Kupp all he had to do was turn his head and the interception was right there.

Thus why he wasn’t on the NYG or NO! Franchise saved ZT! I need to see him prove it before I say anything else! Josh Allen, Mahomes, Herbert… You have to give yourself a chance with a qb sneak…… Sorry, but there is no other playcall!
Reply/Quote
The ending of this Superbowl recap video had me laughing, if you need to laugh about something, if you can:

Reply/Quote
(02-14-2022, 12:54 AM)TKUHL Wrote: So pissed they let them play the whole game only to get flag happy at the end. The Wilson play was just an amazing play in the ball, no flag should have been thrown. Would have set up 4th down.

Without the ridiculous call that would have set up fourth and goal, the Bengals likely would have won. Ref should have to make phantom calls from Siberia next season.
Reply/Quote
(02-14-2022, 12:59 AM)Roland Wrote: This is going to leave Joe Burrow hungry to make it right. People who want to talk crap about my QB's performance can just GTF off this bandwagon now because I'm not having it. Dude took more punishment this year than any QB ever to make a SB. He was under siege the entire SB and he stood in and had us on the cusp of victory.

Agree with you 100%
Reply/Quote
(02-14-2022, 01:24 AM)reuben.ahmed Wrote: I think this pain is necessary in some way, like the memory of this loss is needed to win a superbowl. The naivety took us almost to the end, but were we supposed to say "we have babies on this team and we won it all!". Like I know the path was very hard but in some odd way it wasn't supposed to also be "easy". Now that Burrow and others know what it takes, and how close we were, it will make us better. The path is insanely tough through the AFC-N, but that's life and that will make it sweeter in the end.

It does give a hell of a lot of hope how young the core is. And if this doesn’t motivate them to keep putting in the work this off-season, nothing will. It would have been awesome to grab it this year without the pressure, but LA mortgaged their future on winning this one and the Bengals were a few pieces short all year. It feels good to know next year should be better, even if it’s also harder.
Reply/Quote
ZT shut out for the last 25 minutes of the game! 25!
Reply/Quote
Hey guys, I was the Titans fan here during our playoff game. Crazy how close u guys came to winning. Definitely over achieved this year with your squad. Bad oline and average defense during the regular that just completely turned it on in the playoffs. You guys get oline help and get a few better additions to the defense, you guys will be in play for a SB run for the next 5 years minimum. AFC has its teams that will battle it out for the on coming years and you have one of them. Congrats on making it to the dance. Joey B will have yall a ring at some point. Kids legit!
[Image: sig.png]
Reply/Quote