Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3.33 Average
***SUPER BOWL LVI GameDay Thread - Rams vs Bengals***
(02-13-2022, 12:18 PM)Interceptor Wrote: How old was the old board? Is this the first Bengals-in-the-Super-Bowl thread we ever had?

I'm hoping we have some woodwork people come out, have to imagine the fanbase is about to grow quickly too, already have quite a few LSU bandwagonners lol. We all started rooting for one reason or another, and I could e considered a bandwagonner also at age 7 watching the Bengals because Esiason took them to the superbowl, and because tigers.
Reply/Quote
(02-13-2022, 12:22 PM)reuben.ahmed Wrote: I'm hoping we have some woodwork people come out, have to imagine the fanbase is about to grow quickly too, already have quite a few LSU bandwagonners lol. We all started rooting for one reason or another, and I could e considered a bandwagonner also at age 7 watching the Bengals because Esiason took them to the superbowl, and because tigers.

Woodwork? If Bengals win, they'll be coming from everywhere!

[Image: SphericalCheeryGermanshorthairedpointer-...ricted.gif]
#WhoDey
#RuleTheJungle
#TheyGottaPlayUs
#WeAreYourSuperBowl

Reply/Quote
(02-13-2022, 12:20 PM)reuben.ahmed Wrote: Yep, Chewy is out of stock too! There's a longer story there too, we order vet prescription food from chewy and it just stopped arriving. FedEx was taking 3-4 weeks to deliver, if at all. Then a story comes out that some FedEx driver was dumping a crap ton of packages on the side of the road/forest (on purpose). The image of the story was hilarious, it was a FedEx truck with just Chewy boxes all being dumped. I'm like hey that's my dog's food man!! Lol.

It kind of sucks she can only eat certain food, but yeah. Chewy does have royal canin's vet prescription diet in stock so I ordered some of that on the weekeend but I see the non vet diet is in stock (which is rare since it's about to be discontinued I guess). The petsmart lady called me back at 10PM to inform me she found it, and not where it should have been in the store, that lady deserves a raise. Some people in Cleveland are not douchebags lol.

I feel ya.  Our beloved cat's final year or two required a prescription kidney food that was expensive as hell from the vet, and while the pet stores sold it at a better price, it was incredibly difficult to find there.

OR she's up to something nefarious!  Keep your guard up. Nervous
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Part of me is still thinking "WTF??? How did we get in here?"
#WhoDey
#RuleTheJungle
#TheyGottaPlayUs
#WeAreYourSuperBowl

Reply/Quote
Who Dey! I want to see Joe Brrrr lift the Lombardi tonight.
Who Dey!  Tiger
Reply/Quote
Amazing interview with Travis Kelce on ESPN right now talking about our team.
Reply/Quote
(02-13-2022, 01:10 PM)jfkbengals Wrote: Amazing interview with Travis Kelce on ESPN right now talking about our team.

In discussing our defense, he said our attention to detail is impeccable.  Moss asked him how he would describe Hendrickson and Hubbard, noting how Chiefs splits changed throughout the game with Kelce having to chip no matter how the offensive line was split.  He answered "relentless".  From what I heard, I'm pretty sure he, Moss, and Rex Ryan, and Bruschi all are on the Bengals Bandwagon.
Reply/Quote
Just give us a chance in the end is all I'm asking for.
Reply/Quote
(02-13-2022, 01:25 PM)masonbengals fan Wrote: Just give us a chance in the end is all I'm asking for.

Evan nails his third of the game as time expires kinda thing?
Reply/Quote
Spent the last two weeks listening to the talking heads on NFL Network and SiriusXM NFL radio praising Joe Burrows and reporting on the injury of CJ Uzomo, CJ Ozomu, CJ Ozomo, etc. You would think that people whose job it is to report on football could at least learn the correct pronunciation of our players. After we win the SuperBowl tonight maybe they can get the names right. I am so ready for tonight. Please 630 get here.
Reply/Quote
(02-13-2022, 12:22 PM)Interceptor Wrote: Oh, it's happening, sweetheart!  Wink

I'm not sure how I feel about you calling me sweetheart... LOL
Reply/Quote
Super Bowl Gameday Thread wow..lol.

Who Dey!

I'm sorry I wont be around to teach you guys about football today. Lol
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
This morning our priest ended his outstanding homily on the theological virtue of hope with his opinion on the Super Bowl: “There are no mentions of Bengals in the Bible but there are lots of verses about rams — and the rams mentioned in the Bible always end up slaughtered or offered as sacrifice.”
Reply/Quote
(02-13-2022, 01:48 PM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: This morning our priest ended his outstanding homily on the theological virtue of hope with his opinion on the Super Bowl: “There are no mentions of Bengals in the Bible but there are lots of verses about rams — and the rams mentioned in the Bible always end up slaughtered or offered as sacrifice.”
Reply/Quote
I beLieve it is the Bengals time. It won’t an easy game, may come down to a field goal or a turnover late in the game. There are only 12 teams not to win a Super Bowl, after today there will be 11. Who Dey
Reply/Quote
Curious to see how OBJ handles this game, with his baby due to arrive any time, wonder if he has his head in this game or on his family.
Reply/Quote
(02-13-2022, 01:48 PM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: This morning our priest ended his outstanding homily on the theological virtue of hope with his opinion on the Super Bowl: “There are no mentions of Bengals in the Bible but there are lots of verses about rams — and the rams mentioned in the Bible always end up slaughtered or offered as sacrifice.”

This might be the greatest thing I have ever read!
Reply/Quote
(02-13-2022, 12:18 PM)Interceptor Wrote: How old was the old board? Is this the first Bengals-in-the-Super-Bowl thread we ever had?

Yes, this is the first ever.  If memory serves, the Mother Ship started mid 2000s, plus or minus.
Reply/Quote
(02-13-2022, 01:31 PM)jfkbengals Wrote: Evan nails his third of the game as time expires kinda thing?

47 yarder, you heard it here first.
Reply/Quote
(02-13-2022, 02:31 PM)jfkbengals Wrote: Yes, this is the first ever.  If memory serves, the Mother Ship started mid 2000s, plus or minus.

I joined the old board in 2007.

For all of us in Bengaldom who are anticipating the Super Bowl with great anxiety just remember we’ve been friends for a long time on this board and its predecessor. Let’s enjoy this game together like the virtual family we have become. This is THE best message board in all of sport.
Reply/Quote