Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3.33 Average
***SUPER BOWL LVI GameDay Thread - Rams vs Bengals***
Their defensive line just flat out beat the o line. It a miracle that Joe was able to finish the game.
Reply/Quote
To be honest this one really doesn’t sting. I’m disappointed, but I didn’t expect them to be .500 and once they made the playoffs all I wanted was to win one and get rid of that streak. Sure it’s possible this is their only shot. But I don’t think so
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(02-14-2022, 12:17 AM)Bengalitis Wrote: IT was not a blow out, that's a good thing and we had the lead like the last superbowl going into the 4th quarter.... with less the 4 minutes to go.

As a fan whose watched three last-second losses in the Super Bowl, losing a close one hurts forever. I still feel the scars of the last two Super Bowl losses. A loss by 9 points or more would hurt a lot less.

The fact is, the Bengals had all the stars aligned, with Beckham being out and with the Bengals being so healthy. 

As a 50-year fan, believe me, it is very hard to get back to the big game. 

I'll probably do what I did in other years, and not invest myself so much in the team next year. I watched every minute of every game this year. Way too much investment. I'll dial it back next year and try to get something positive from the loss, like actually accomplish something with my time.
Reply/Quote
(02-14-2022, 12:23 AM)Clark W Griswold Wrote: I’m old and immature!

lol
Reply/Quote
(02-14-2022, 12:21 AM)Whacked Wrote: Amen fellas. People have a right to be upset. I am too!

But it’s nice to see some healthy level-headed perspectives here.

We can’t blame the game on Boyd. That’s silly too. The entire O, including JB didn’t do that well.

It was a fun year. It is what it is.

Yeah blaming Boyd is what it is. He did drop it at the worst time, but he's money 99% of the time. I still love TB, and we need that guy. No guarantee he gets a first (though he probably would have).
Reply/Quote
(02-14-2022, 12:12 AM)CKwi88 Wrote: I hate people who blame refs.

But to call a game loosely for 3.75 quarters and then throw a flurry of flags at the end chaps my ass.

As long as we have Burrow we have a chance. Get an oline this offseason. Good things to come in Cincy.

What a season. Tough to lose the big one again, but this team has a bright future.
Yeah I'm texting with my friend and he keeps harping on that same thing. I'll put on my conspiracy hat and say we are playing in a bright shiny new stadium. If the NFL wanted one team to win it might be that team. 
Reply/Quote
(02-14-2022, 12:17 AM)Joelist Wrote: They'll want to be part of choking in the clutch again? Why? If you do it once you'll do it again. 
LMAO.....dude the Bengals were fortunate to be where they were.  The oline has sucked balls all season, but the offensive weapons are there and the young talent on the defense is there.  I hardly think they "choked"
Reply/Quote
(02-14-2022, 12:13 AM)Joelist Wrote: I seriously doubt we make it back for a LONG time. Also you can forget us being a destination now - they saw us choke it up in the Super Bowl and no A List Free Agent will want to be part of that.

I hope you get eaten by a pack of wild dogs.

Reply/Quote
Not one dime of outside FA money should to you anyone but O line.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
I think we are set to win the division for years to come as long as we beef up the o-line.
Reply/Quote
(02-14-2022, 12:15 AM)Sled21 Wrote: Breaking News: People who do not have the maturity to handle their emotions should be on medication. It's sports, you don't win every game. Not being able to handle not getting your way reminds me of a bunch of millenials.

ItS tHe MiLlEnnIaLs.

Maybe jump off Facebook for a bit.
Reply/Quote
(02-14-2022, 12:20 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Look them up yourself

I see you got my point.
#WhoDey
#RuleTheJungle
#TheyGottaPlayUs
#WeAreYourSuperBowl

Reply/Quote
(02-14-2022, 12:24 AM)TheCincinnatiKid Wrote: Yeah blaming Boyd is what it is. He did drop it at the worst time, but he's money 99% of the time. I still love TB, and we need that guy. No guarantee he gets a first (though he probably would have).

Again....even if he'd caught the ball it looks to me like he would have been stopped short.
Reply/Quote
(02-14-2022, 12:24 AM)Von Cichlid Wrote: I think we are set to win the division for years to come as long as we beef up the o-line.

Let's make sure Aaron Rodgers isn't going to Pittsburgh first!
Reply/Quote
(02-14-2022, 12:15 AM)TheCincinnatiKid Wrote: This is just stats for stats sake. 75 yards of those were on a play which shouldn't have stood. The Chase big play was fortunate on the coverage. Of course, it still could've been caught but we'll never know.

He did absolutely nothing from Stafford's INT onwards. But before you throw a fit at me, the serious lack of protection for him was a major contributor to that. 

Burrow will be back, but we're kidding ourselves if we think he played great today. He'll learn from the experience, that I'm very sure of.

Never said he played great. But he’s tough as ***** nails for hanging in there and playing as well as he did.

Reply/Quote
(02-14-2022, 12:24 AM)Von Cichlid Wrote: I think we are set to win the division for years to come as long as we beef up the o-line.

I felt this after the previous two Super Bowl losses, but something always came up and never another playoff victory. 

Losing takes its toll on fans and players alike.
Reply/Quote
(02-14-2022, 12:19 AM)jfkbengals Wrote: Kansas City said that last year.

Just sayin'.

Thank you! It takes extreme luck to get to the Super Bowl. Ask Dan Marino.
Reply/Quote
(02-14-2022, 12:22 AM)RunKijanaRun Wrote: There will never be a better opportunity for the Bengals to win a SB. Rams lost their 2nd best WR, their offense was just..done…we had the ball, the lead and a chance to go up 11 and they settled for 3, then never scored again in the final 27 minutes. You cannot ask for anything more than that, and they still managed to blow it. Only us.

I wish I could take solace in the idea we’ve got all these better days ahead, but you have to remember this is a 10-7 team that rode a miraculous wave to the SB. People say we say we had no business here? Yeah, that’s kind of the point.

They had the super bowl in their hands and just gave it back. I’ll carry this for a while. I’m still in disbelief.

Yeah but you’re missing the fact that we’ve got a lot of cap space and will be better next year. Our oline is fixable by adding two more players. The play calling needs to get better too. But if our team is just a little bit better we could potentially blow out opponents instead of win a bunch of close games. We’re also young and young players generally improve so we’ve got that going for us too.

Yeah we lost a winnable game. Zac’s play calling cost us a bit. The oline finally was too much to overcome. But we’ll be better next year. And it’s just a game anyway.
Reply/Quote
(02-14-2022, 12:25 AM)swilson3828 Wrote: Again....even if he'd caught the ball it looks to me like he would have been stopped short.

It's close either way. I dont think it cost us the game no matter your perspective. The post wasn't calling him out.
Reply/Quote
Let those bad feelings come out now here.. so you can sleep well tonight...
Reply/Quote