Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3.33 Average
***SUPER BOWL LVI GameDay Thread - Rams vs Bengals***
(02-14-2022, 12:25 AM)TheCincinnatiKid Wrote: Let's make sure Aaron Rodgers isn't going to Pittsburgh first!

Facepalm
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
It was a battle of the defenses, and their defense came out the better. Defensive battles are ugly. But our D did pretty damn well too!
[Image: 416686247_404249095282684_84217049823664...e=659A7198]
Reply/Quote
(02-14-2022, 12:26 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Never said he played great. But he’s tough as ***** nails for hanging in there and playing as well as he did.

Definitely tough as nails. Dude has a winner's mind. Just stopped making plays when it mattered. But I remember Tom Brady finding Super Bowls tough to win the minute his OL was getting owned. 
Reply/Quote
(02-14-2022, 12:24 AM)swilson3828 Wrote: LMAO.....dude the Bengals were fortunate to be where they were.  The oline has sucked balls all season, but the offensive weapons are there and the young talent on the defense is there.  I hardly think they "choked"

My case for them choking is simple. 

Burrow had ZERO PRESSURE in the first half and was inaccurate and constantly missed wide open receivers and locked in one ones well covered. He even did it in the second half on the times he had a pocket. Supposedly he plays the biggest on the biggest stage - he played unfocused football instead. 

They did NOTHING scheme wise to cover the line issues. 

The D got a gift with the OBJ injury then STILL did not cover Kupp properly. 

The team played bad in the big moment. THAT is choking. 
Reply/Quote
(02-14-2022, 12:13 AM)Joelist Wrote: I seriously doubt we make it back for a LONG time. Also you can forget us being a destination now - they saw us choke it up in the Super Bowl and no A List Free Agent will want to be part of that.

It's a good thing that obj and Von Miller didn't see the rams choke in their last super bowl.. 
Reply/Quote
(02-14-2022, 12:19 AM)TheCincinnatiKid Wrote: It did, but you've got to say the coaching did not react well to the OL's problems. No playoff team should ever give up 9 sacks in a postseason game, and 7 in another. You gameplan around it if it's a problem, and they never did.

Chase was absolutely vindicated as the right pick.

Game planning can only do so much.   The other team has coaches, too.  They explained the adjustments and counter adjustments on the broadcast.  You can only do so much when you have so many complete mismatches.
Reply/Quote
(02-14-2022, 12:21 AM)Bengalstripes9 Wrote: How about that desperation throw by burrow on 4th down though. Amazing awareness to get that off and it was pretty close to being catchable for a first down. Just being able to throw it was amazing, but getting it that close was pretty good.

The play calling and oline are very fixable problems so I don’t see any reason to be upset with the future of this team.

The rams will begin to fall apart next year. Tampa is falling apart. The bills and maybe chargers are our toughest competition next year but we should be able to win it all if we just get a couple more players in the right side of the oline.
Very had to win it all, or even get back the year after you've been there, but shore up the oline and they'll have a chance
Reply/Quote
(02-14-2022, 12:25 AM)swilson3828 Wrote: Again....even if he'd caught the ball it looks to me like he would have been stopped short.

Impossible to say because he had his full momentum taking him and it's awful hard to tackle a guy with full momentum. Still the Bengals were playing keep away at that point and that was their main objective because they weren't going to score with the way the defensive line was coming at JB.
Reply/Quote
What most disappointing is not being able to get one yard running the ball.
Reply/Quote
time to watch some olympics to dissipate the loss.
Reply/Quote
(02-14-2022, 12:01 AM)Bronxbengal Wrote: If I hear one ***** so called Bengal fan say they are glad whitworth got the ring I tell you to go **** yourself

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Why, because they’re better human beings than you? There’s solace in knowing there was a Bengal that gave his all w us and finally won one
Reply/Quote
(02-14-2022, 12:29 AM)Roland Wrote: Game planning can only do so much.   The other team has coaches, too.  They explained the adjustments and counter adjustments on the broadcast.  You can only do so much when you have so many complete mismatches.

Of course, I'm not taking credit away from the Rams. Their defence identified what would be effective, and it worked. But I'd have liked to see us do more to mitigate it. Short, quick pass routes etc. We didn't do nearly enough of that in the 2nd half imo. You see OL's get overwhelmed by DL's in games, but you rarely see 9 and 7 sacks in the space of 3 games.
Reply/Quote
No conspiracy theory, but the refs swallowed their whistles for 55 minutes only to call Wilson for something that was ticky tack on a good day.

No team is in a better spot to make the off-season improvements to win it all next year. Who-Dey.
Reply/Quote
(02-14-2022, 12:30 AM)Webbtown Wrote: What most disappointing is not being able to get one yard running the ball.

Yeah.. but to be fair, it's been always like that all season... depending on the team... but overall.. getting that 3rd and 1  just made me break a sweat. Not even 4th and 1.
Reply/Quote
Sad day for sure but we'll be alright. We all know what the problem is,, now they need to get it fixed. '
Reply/Quote
(02-14-2022, 12:29 AM)Bengalzona Wrote: It was a battle of the defenses, and their defense came out the better. Defensive battles are ugly. But our D did pretty damn well too!

Yes they did. It was awesome watching them too. That ticki tak penalty at the end changed what could have been one of the greatest defensive stops in Superbowl History.. 
Reply/Quote
(02-14-2022, 12:31 AM)Ell Prez Wrote: Why, because they’re better human beings than you? There’s solace in knowing there was a Bengal that gave his all w us and finally won one

no actually it's b/c the owner wasn't willing to pay him to stay. which will be the problem for the next few years for the bengals. think they can keep the free agents on defense AND buy some OL too? that isn't going to happen. we had our chance and that was it. likely for the next 30 years.....sorry to say but anyone that knows this franchise knows that under mike brown.
Reply/Quote
The only bad call we had imo was having Apple on Kupp 1 v 1 for the whole SUPERBOWL. Why would you even do that. Kinda makes you wish Trae Wayne’s could’ve gotten healthy this season. We got him for shit like this
-Housh
Reply/Quote
(02-14-2022, 12:17 AM)Sled21 Wrote: He's trolling.

No, he’s just a garbage poster.

Reply/Quote
In to say......damn proud of this squad. What a lot of heart. The future looks good.... there is ZERO doubt that these guys left every single bit of it on the field. Who effing Dey mi amigos.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote