Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3.33 Average
***SUPER BOWL LVI GameDay Thread - Rams vs Bengals***
(02-14-2022, 12:32 AM)TheUberHuber Wrote: Yes they did. It was awesome watching them too. That ticki tak penalty at the end changed what could have been one of the greatest defensive stops in Superbowl History.. 

Yeah. The officiating sucked to high hell all night. But with the surge in legal sports gambling nationwide, I think we will see more and more of that in coming years.
[Image: 416686247_404249095282684_84217049823664...e=659A7198]
Reply/Quote
(02-14-2022, 12:26 AM)Bengalstripes9 Wrote: Yeah but you’re missing the fact that we’ve got a lot of cap space and will be better next year. Our oline is fixable by adding two more players. The play calling needs to get better too. But if our team is just a little bit better we could potentially blow out opponents instead of win a bunch of close games. We’re also young and young players generally improve so we’ve got that going for us too.

Yeah we lost a winnable game. Zac’s play calling cost us a bit. The oline finally was too much to overcome. But we’ll be better next year. And it’s just a game anyway.

It was a great season. A great run in the post season. We hopefully will continue to build and be better next year. But we got crazy lucky health wise this year and the playoffs you have to be good and lucky to make the superbowl. Not a guarantee we will make it back. But look at the Rams they made it back and hopefully we can as well.
Reply/Quote
(02-14-2022, 12:19 AM)TKUHL Wrote: **** Mixon, what makes anyone think he would have got a first. Tired of the one run yard run on first with Mixon. At least Perine broke a 40 yard TD run last week. Hell Mixon would have lost yards at the end.

More clown shit.

Mixon ran extremely well in this game. 15 carries for 72 yards 4.8 average.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
(02-14-2022, 12:26 AM)Nepa Wrote: I felt this after the previous two Super Bowl losses, but something always came up and never another playoff victory. 

Losing takes its toll on fans and players alike.

Yeah, but what makes me feel better is that the NE dynasty is over, and Pitt is straight up rebuilding.  I think Lamar Jackson and Mahomes, while always formidable, have seen their best days as well.  Buffalo is still Buffalo.  

Of course, getting back to the Super Bowl will be a real challenge, but I still feel that we are much better off than we were when the old guard (Manning / Brady / Big Ben) were in their primes and the best we could hope for was a one and done.      
Reply/Quote
(02-14-2022, 12:29 AM)TheCincinnatiKid Wrote: Definitely tough as nails. Dude has a winner's mind. Just stopped making plays when it mattered. But I remember Tom Brady finding Super Bowls tough to win the minute his OL was getting owned. 

This. Joe got all his bells rung tonight. Repeatedly.

For him to stay in it like that? To the end?

I don't think he quit making plays at all. There were no plays to make because his o line was non existent.

We ALL knew the o line has been the weakest link, but we got to the big dance with them and that's all we had. Good news is they can fix this mess relatively easily. Sign Norwell ASAFP and pick up some more FA talent. 

The Bengals of late seems to have finally come to the realization teams need to sign FA talent, not just aging guys to 1-2 year deals, AND build through the draft. 
Reply/Quote
(02-14-2022, 12:13 AM)Timanky12 Wrote: Funny how all the penalties called in 4th quarter.

Rams only had 2 penalties enforced on them, both false starts they had to call. Not 1 holding penalty or defensive penalty. 
Reply/Quote
(02-14-2022, 12:21 AM)michaelsean Wrote: So what about the other thirty teams that weren’t in the Super Bowl? And no they didn’t choke.

Free agents will obviously only sign with the Rams. Duh

*Joelist logic*

Reply/Quote
(02-14-2022, 12:28 AM)Von Cichlid Wrote: Facepalm
Screw Aaron Rodgers.  
Reply/Quote
And we're back to the usual annual refrain of the Bengals.....Wait Till Next Year. We know how that always turns out...
Reply/Quote
(02-14-2022, 12:22 AM)Bengalitis Wrote: I'm not as upset as I was in the last super bowl... thank goodness i've gotten old.  Ninja

I’m old and immature!
Reply/Quote
I can't believe anyone is upset with that performance, minus the scoreboard. What a great effing year!

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
It wasn't talked about because the broadcast was so busy writing the Kupp/Stafford story but the Awuzie injury really killed us. Apple had a good season but you put him under that much pressure and sooner or later he'll make a mistake.

BTW Vernon Hargreaves should be off the team tomorrow.
Reply/Quote
(02-14-2022, 12:37 AM)BengalB Wrote: This. Joe got all his bells rung tonight. Repeatedly.

For him to stay in it like that? To the end?

I don't think he quit making plays at all. There were no plays to make because his o line was non existent.

We ALL knew the o line has been the weakest link, but we got to the big dance with them and that's all we had. Good news is they can fix this mess relatively easily. Sign Norwell ASAFP and pick up some more FA talent. 

The Bengals of late seems to have finally come to the realization teams need to sign FA talent, not just aging guys to 1-2 year deals, AND build through the draft. 

The question is will Brown spend the $$$,  The Bengals have a LOT of high dollar talent on their team meaning it's going to take a LOT of $$$ to keep them
Reply/Quote
Eli Apple better not get on Twitter. He gave up a couple tds and was a weak link. We need a DB
Reply/Quote
I'm proud as hell of them. They weren't supposed to even have a winning season, yet made the run to the SB. Then they got matched against a team that mortgaged their future for this year, and then had to play them in their home stadium. Burrow , Chase and Higgins are only goimg to get better. They'll be back next year. You could see it in Burrows eyes at the end of the game.
Reply/Quote
(02-14-2022, 12:40 AM)Wyche Wrote: I can't believe anyone is upset with that performance, minus the scoreboard. What a great effing year!

It's immaturity at it's worst.
Reply/Quote
Ah I'm sad, my dad's old, at least he got to see this superbowl, we were so close. There is hope for the future. Hope is all people need. We've been hopeless for so long before this. We got here, we could have wo, we almost should have won, but it was a surprise. 0.4% chance to win the superbowl this year. I'm not saying this season was easy whatsoever, I think the playoffs have been insane. So many things had to go our way (either we forced it, or didn't), but it just seems like Burrow winning in his 2nd year would be just something totally crazy.

What's scary is Aaron Rodgers has only been to 1 superbowl, but I think overall Burrow is better than Aaron, in galvanizing and getting the team believing. Time will tell.
Reply/Quote
(02-14-2022, 12:39 AM)Joelist Wrote: And we're back to the usual annual refrain of the Bengals.....Wait Till Next Year. We know how that always turns out...

Newsflash - it’s ***** hard to win a Super Bowl. It took the team that just did 2 tries.

Reply/Quote
(02-14-2022, 12:41 AM)Tony Wrote: Eli Apple better not get on Twitter.  He gave up a couple tds and was a weak link. We need a DB

Apple sucks and isn't deserving of a starting DB spot on a contender.  On that final TD to Kupp all he had to do was turn his head and the interception was right there.
Reply/Quote
(02-14-2022, 12:44 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Newsflash - it’s ***** hard to win a Super Bowl. It took the team that just did 2 tries.

And we also know what has always happened with the Bengals when they have to say Wait Till Next Year. Plus is really hard to get to the playoffs much less the Super Bowl. So they still have the ghost of this franchise on them - the only way to really get rid of it was to win. 
Reply/Quote