Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sabotage
The fact that Dalton's pocket never moved....not a single bootleg or waggle. The fact that Ross (again) didn't catch a single screen or slant. The fact that Mixon was running the ball ok and they continued to throw it and be off balance.

It is literally like they are trying to not be successful with their game plan. I don't think that game plan is successful against a high school team. So, once again, by abandoning any semblance of a running game, the opposing defense is just teeing off in their pass rush...even on first down.

Where was the TE screen? Where was the jet sweep? Why do they continue to put themselves in bad spots?

I feel sorry for our players and I am beyond disappointed in this team.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
The offense did not look very creative.

I don't know what happened after the Seattle game but we left our playbooks, hustle, attitude and any good mojo in Washington State
"We have been sentenced to life in the prison that is a Bengals fan and we are going to serve out our time"
Reply/Quote
It’s awfully difficult to be creative on offense when the linemen are getting pushed around like nerds on the elementary school playground. It severely limits the playbook.
Reply/Quote
(10-01-2019, 08:32 AM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: It’s awfully difficult to be creative on offense when the linemen are getting pushed around like nerds on the elementary school playground.  It severely limits the playbook.

Agree.  Tough to do much when you get sacked 8 times!
[Image: DC42UUb.png]
Reply/Quote
(10-01-2019, 08:50 AM)Tiger Teeth Wrote: Agree.  Tough to do much when you get sacked 8 times!

Exactly ten years ago the Bengals went into Lambeau Field and Mike Zimmer’s defense put Aaron Rodgers on the turf nine times. Letting Zimmer go was probably the dumbest move the Bengals ever made since not taking Mike Ditka’s deal with New Orleans where Mike Brown sold the farm to get Akili Smith.
Reply/Quote
(10-01-2019, 08:54 AM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: Exactly ten years ago the Bengals went into Lambeau Field and Mike Zimmer’s defense put Aaron Rodgers on the turf nine times.  Letting Zimmer go was probably the dumbest move the Bengals ever made since not taking Mike Ditka’s deal with New Orleans where Mike Brown sold the farm to get Akili Smith.

I don't think the Bengals "Let Zimmer go."
He didn't make a lateral move... he became a head coach.
The organization would have looked like complete assholes had the even ATTEMPTED to keep him.
Reply/Quote
(10-01-2019, 08:32 AM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: It’s awfully difficult to be creative on offense when the linemen are getting pushed around like nerds on the elementary school playground.  It severely limits the playbook.

Our OL is awful, no doubt, but on the other side you see the Steelers using the short passing game, screens, jet sweeps, and the wildcat to manufacture offense.  It was like Taylor refuses to to accept the limitations of some of his players and wants to run slow developing routes when our OL just can't hold up.
Reply/Quote
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z5rRZdiu1UE
Reply/Quote
(10-01-2019, 07:39 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: The fact that Dalton's pocket never moved....not a single bootleg or waggle.  The fact that Ross (again) didn't catch a single screen or slant.  The fact that Mixon was running the ball ok and they continued to throw it and be off balance.

It is literally like they are trying to not be successful with their game plan.  I don't think that game plan is successful against a high school team.  So, once again, by abandoning any semblance of a running game, the opposing defense is just teeing off in their pass rush...even on first down.

Where was the TE screen?  Where was the jet sweep?  Why do they continue to put themselves in bad spots?  

Taylor has no idea how to incorporate a TE as a receiving threat. Eifert had a whopping 2 receptions for 27 yards and Uzomah had nothing.
Eifert's receiving ability should warrant him being 2nd or 3rd on the team behind Boyd and maybe Ross. He's currently being out-targeted by Auden Tate and only 1 ahead of Joe Mixon. Eifert is on pace for only 324 receiving yards and 4 TDs.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(10-01-2019, 09:07 AM)Whatever Wrote: Our OL is awful, no doubt, but on the other side you see the Steelers using the short passing game, screens, jet sweeps, and the wildcat to manufacture offense.  It was like Taylor refuses to to accept the limitations of some of his players and wants to run slow developing routes when our OL just can't hold up.

When did Ken Zampese rejoin the staff as the OC?  Hilarious
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(10-01-2019, 07:39 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: The fact that Dalton's pocket never moved....not a single bootleg or waggle.  The fact that Ross (again) didn't catch a single screen or slant.  The fact that Mixon was running the ball ok and they continued to throw it and be off balance.

It is literally like they are trying to not be successful with their game plan.  I don't think that game plan is successful against a high school team.  So, once again, by abandoning any semblance of a running game, the opposing defense is just teeing off in their pass rush...even on first down.

Where was the TE screen?  Where was the jet sweep?  Why do they continue to put themselves in bad spots?  

One of the issues with these plays is that you have to turn your back to the rush, when he did that he got smashed last night. The other thing is it tend to work better on a down linemen versus a 3-4 OLB because the backer is up and has better vision and ability to slide back to the TE who is usually your first dump off. That said we did run an offshoot of this with Boyd motioning across the field, I think Dalton took the second level throw to the sideline and it was almost picked off. 

In terms of jet sweep we show the motion a lot, and frankly I don't love the play, but I need to see more variation off this in terms of some sort of reverse action. People only have to crash down right now but if we add a backside reverse action it would help the sweep and the eventual passes off it. 

TE screens I can take or leave. I'd like to see more inside out bubble screens, but in terms of smoke screens they were playing pretty tight to the line which makes hose difficult. 
Reply/Quote
Can’t expect Smith and Hart to win one on ones all game need to chip with a TE and give them help. Also we can’t just keep running big 5 man fronts with two linebackers. Teams are running to the edges , once they get past the front line are linebackers are out flanked and to slow to close the gap.
Reply/Quote

Taylor is simply not capable of adjusting the scheme to fit the personnel and give this team the best chance to win. Dave Shula was better.

Reply/Quote
It seems like ZT is formations are tipping off where the play is going
Defenses are lining up and are knowing if it's a pass.
What routes are being run at what depth.
So Andy looks downfield. Everything is covered but the check down
Is open. But even then it's throw catch easy tackle
ZT offense isn't forcing the defense over think and guess.
ZT was creative vs the Hawks.
But since then he's gone into a coaching scared mode
Reply/Quote
(10-01-2019, 09:07 AM)Whatever Wrote: Our OL is awful, no doubt, but on the other side you see the Steelers using the short passing game, screens, jet sweeps, and the wildcat to manufacture offense.  It was like Taylor refuses to to accept the limitations of some of his players and wants to run slow developing routes when our OL just can't hold up.
Ad along to that a QB with ZERO pocket presence, no abilty to be "shifty" in the pocket to extend plays, look/pump fake defenders off and who curls up in the fetal position when the pocket breaks down. Backups and Rookies are performing better.
Reply/Quote

its very Simple...  Zac taylor is not ready to be a Head coach and OC...

He might be able to handle one or the other but Both hes in way over his head right now...

His play calling has been bad. real bad...  Maybe let Brian take over that roll Doesn't help our OL is basically dead. but still no pass protect so lets run 5 second routes.
Reply/Quote
(10-01-2019, 12:28 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: its very Simple...  Zac taylor is not ready to be a Head coach and OC...

He might be able to handle one or the other but Both hes in way over his head right now...

His play calling has been bad. real bad...  Maybe let Brian take over that roll  Doesn't help our OL is basically dead.  but still  no pass protect so lets run 5 second routes.

Really did not see this coming.   I thought execution would be a problem, but not play calling.

I'd be tempted to let Brian take over.

I think Zac was given a really bad hand, but he has not played it well.   The Steelers totally out coached him last night.

Hope he learns quick...  or at all.
Reply/Quote

Good evaluation. The playcalling and schemes have been pretty bad so far. I'd have to think that with a Sean McVay, we're atleast 2-2 right now. Maybe 3-1. This Steelers game was winnable on paper.

We need to realize that ZT is not Sean McVay.
Reply/Quote
(10-01-2019, 12:15 PM)John Shaft Wrote: Ad along to that a QB with ZERO pocket presence, no abilty to be "shifty" in the pocket to extend plays, look/pump fake defenders off and who curls up in the fetal position when the pocket breaks down. Backups and Rookies are performing better.

To be fair this OL situation is beyond saving by pocket presence.   Hard to slide and navigate the pocket when if you step up you get hit by your own guards and if you go sideways you get smashed by rushers.   Watching Andy take a snap is like watching a game of kill the man with the ball with the elementary school band vs the varsity squad.    This line is so bad it just doesn't matter what you do.

Watching Andy storm off the field with dead rage eyes last night was something new.  Heck he even freaked out and chucked his helmet. 
That guy is gonna get killed out there.  And then we will watch Finley be fed to the beasts. 

This OL is flat out a team killer.
Reply/Quote
Where were the adjustments after the half?Maybe have Andy roll out of the pocket now and then?Very little emphasis placed on the tight ends.
Reply/Quote