Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sacks per million
(12-06-2018, 12:17 AM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Yes - Honestly...for us as fans, it's hard to really sort this trainwreck out.

Marvin gets a ton of blame, and as the coach he should, but he's operating in an organization that doesn't really like free agency and actually makes a point of using free agency so they can get compensatory picks.

Can any coach win here? Can any QB?

It's hard to say? Does Aaron Rodgers become an MVP here?

Marvin is victim of his own device.

So yeah he gets the blame because he's not very good and if he felt hamstrung by the owner he should pack up for greener pastures.

In other words he's an appendage of Mike Brown at this point. (Now you can visualize where that's located yourself).

I really believe that even a great QB on this team would be trying to overcome deficiencies somewhere on this team.

So the answer is NO.

A great QB would fail at this Mom-Pop run franchise that cuts corners and doesn't care what the world much less the NFL thinks of them.

We're just one of the geeks that gets to sit at the cool kids table because someone made them share.

If we didn't have a few others like Browns, Lions, etc. the Bengals would be all by their lonesome.
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(12-06-2018, 12:30 AM)BengalsRocker Wrote: Marvin is victim of his own device.

So yeah he gets the blame because he's not very good and if he felt hamstrung by the owner he should pack up for greener pastures.

In other words he's an appendage of Mike Brown at this point. (Now you can visualize where that's located yourself).

I really believe that even a great QB on this team would be trying to overcome deficiencies somewhere on this team.

So the answer is NO.

A great QB would fail at this Mom-Pop run franchise that cuts corners and doesn't care what the world much less the NFL thinks of them.

We're just one of the geeks that gets to sit at the cool kids table because someone made them share.

If we didn't have a few others like Browns, Lions, etc. the Bengals would be all by their lonesome.

At least Detroit had Red Wings in the 90s/00s and Cleveland had Lebron and some good Indians teams. Cincinnati hasn’t won a GD thing since the early 90’s.

I think it’s probably between us and Buffalo for most miserable sports towns at this point.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
(12-06-2018, 12:37 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: At least Detroit had Red Wings in the 90s/00s and Cleveland had Lebron and some good Indians teams. Cincinnati hasn’t won a GD thing since the early 90’s.

I think it’s probably between us and Buffalo for most miserable sports towns at this point.

Tell me about it.  Put me in the "Used To Be Reds Fan" category.

I can only handle the Bengals' form of punishment lately.

Not going to waste my time with more than that... even that's wearing thin.
Reply/Quote
(12-06-2018, 12:02 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: You think Dalton is respected outside of Cincy? Because that’s not been my experience at all. I’m not even a big fan of the guy, but I’ve found myself defending him a lot over the years to people elsewhere online. Most seem to think HE’S holding the team back, not the other way around. They have no idea just how bad our OL is, or about Mike Brown, etc.

This is because many NFL fans are about as knowledgeable as the guys you would talk Bengals with on Facebook, and formulate their opinions around what the media tells them they should think. Especially with teams they don't even follow. 

(12-06-2018, 12:14 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Same. You can’t really blame people considering a lot of them only see his dreadful prime time and playoff performances. Or just look at his stats.

1. Carson Palmer was dreadful in Prime Time (75 passer rating - worse than Andy) and playoffs (58.3 rating in his only full start) as a Bengal. This shows that (a) Dalton wasn't alone in this problem under Marvin Lewis (shockingly, we've been losing thanks to many players underperforming) and (b) you can still think a QB is good even when he stinks in specific scenarios. 

2. Dalton's career stats aren't bad though. 12th among active players in passer rating and 2nd in 4th quarter comebacks since 2011. Dalton's career stats are on par with players such as Newton, Stafford and Luck. Better than guys like Eli (even since 2011), Flacco and Mariota . Guys like Kaepernick, RGIII, Freeman, Foles, Schaub, Sanchez, Bridewater, etc come and go while Dalton will still be starting in 2019, whether it be here or elsewhere.

I know I've already typed all this out, but I gotta be honest. I've lived in Michigan for almost 5 years now. I've talked to MANY Lions and Packers fans. Not once have I heard anyone say Dalton sucks. Many pointed out Dalton and Green as the "good players" they knew. They view Dalton similar to Stafford.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(12-06-2018, 12:30 AM)BengalsRocker Wrote: Marvin is victim of his own device.

So the answer is NO.

And we are all just prisoners here, of our own device

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Reply/Quote
(12-06-2018, 01:51 PM)BenZoo2 Wrote: And we are all just prisoners here, of our own device

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Oh snap!

Now someone needs to do a parody of Hotel.California that applies to a Bengals fan.

Gold I tells ya... GOLD!!!
Reply/Quote
(12-06-2018, 03:25 PM)BengalsRocker Wrote: Oh snap!

Now someone needs to do a parody of Hotel.California that applies to a Bengals fan.

Gold I tells ya... GOLD!!!

Being a Bengals fan" you can check out but you can never leave".
Reply/Quote
I have no problem with them getting paid and they have been okay but i wouldn’t say they’ve lived up to their contracts so far this whole team has been disappointing
Who Dey!!!

Reply/Quote
Geno is a HoF player. He gets double-teamed routinely and still puts up stats.

I think too many times people don't acknowledge the constant double teams that he gets...and he STILL gets sacks.

If he were singled, he'd have 20+ sacks a year.
Reply/Quote
I just spoke with my accountant and found out that I can't afford a single sack this year. Perhaps I'll win the lottery next year and buy a few..

Oh wait. My accountant just notified me that my accountant is me and I can't afford myself. Oh well..there's always next season.. 
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(12-08-2018, 03:25 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Geno is a HoF player. He gets double-teamed routinely and still puts up stats.

I think too many times people don't acknowledge the constant double teams that he gets...and he STILL gets sacks.

If he were singled, he'd have 20+ sacks a year.

I just wish out biitch ass coach would've put an end to blatant constant holds against Geno, Dunlap, and even Michael Johnson in the past.

Instead he just takes what the refs give him.  He set the precedent of passiveness and now it follows.

Not that it would necessarily change it completely, but at least voice some kind of displeasure to refs/NFL.

No way.  No damn way neither of them get so few holding calls in their favor!
Reply/Quote
Yeah Geno and Carlos get held a lot. All things considered, they're playing at their usual high level.
Reply/Quote
Probably telling you all something that you already know but it’s insane the amount of money this team spent on the defensive line for them to play the way that they have most of the season
Reply/Quote
There is another thread dedicated to this topic. Post there.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
I dont think anyone wants to play for Marv anymore.
Reply/Quote
(12-08-2018, 05:52 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Yeah Geno and Carlos get held a lot. All things considered, they're playing at their usual high level.

Yeah its a conspiracy. Obviously the NFL has teams that it favors and the Bengals aren't one of those teams.
Reply/Quote
It's not overrated... It sucks. There are two good players on the D line. The rest of them are bums. Carlos and Geno are carrying too much dead weight.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
Carl Lawson was the most overlooked loss of the season.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(12-08-2018, 07:43 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Carl Lawson was the most overlooked loss of the season.

No doubt about it.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(12-08-2018, 07:43 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Carl Lawson was the most overlooked loss of the season.

Oh yeah... I have to change my assessment. 2 good players, a buncha bums, a situational pass rusher, and Hubbard may be decent one day.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote