Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Sad conclusion & How to get a ring
(02-08-2017, 07:28 PM)bengalsturntup926 Wrote: Y'all are delusional on here go ahead and think sports arent corrupt and rigged, it's like telling little kids wrestling isnt real or Santa doesn't exist. Y'all are throwing hissy fits. Grow up people. 

Santa and wrestling are both widely accepted as fantasy/staged/fixed/lies because they are supported with a wealth of factual and logical arguments.  

But accepting your notion that the NFL is rigged...how do the Bengals make themselves the team, or one of the teams that goes from "not being allowed to win" to "being forced to win?"
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Joe Flacco, Brad Johnson, Trent Dilfer, Jeff Hostetler, Mark Rypien etc have won rings. Brady and Kurt Warner weren't fan favorites...they were unknown bench players. Eli was the much less popular Manning bro. Russell Wilson was closer to being a game manager than a superstar.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(02-08-2017, 08:06 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Santa and wrestling are both widely accepted as fantasy/staged/fixed/lies because they are supported with a wealth of factual and logical arguments.  

But accepting your notion that the NFL is rigged...how do the Bengals make themselves the team, or one of the teams that goes from "not being allowed to win" to "being forced to win?"

I'm guessing you didn't bother to read my post,you just got on here and started bashing. 
Reply/Quote
(02-08-2017, 08:50 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Joe Flacco, Brad Johnson, Trent Dilfer, Jeff Hostetler, Mark Rypien etc have won rings. Brady and Kurt Warner weren't fan favorites...they were unknown bench players. Eli was the much less popular Manning bro. Russell Wilson was closer to being a game manager than a superstar.

That's why I added other star players in there.  Trent dilfer wasn't a star but a lot of the rest of the team were at that time.and Rey Lewis. Brad Johnson same thing. 

What I'm doing is looking at the Superbowl track record since 1980 from the video I watched.  It's always stars that win it,and just like brady,Montana went and won many, Dallas went and won many in the 90s.  Once a team has that certain stud that the nfl also loves they usually make multiple appearances.  What does the Bengals need to do to get there?  They need to find these stud players that the nfl brags up and adores.

I would also go with the example of the Michael Jordan effect. Did Michael Jordan get the calls all the time even if they were ticky tacky. Yeah cause they wanted him to advance and help the image of the league. Same with lebron. I'd even say it's like that in baseball. Just look at the last world series. 
Reply/Quote
Even tebow won a playoff game, but he ran into the pats they wasn't going to let him beat the goat. If he would of stayed with Denver he would of probably met the story line requirement another year. They seemed to want manziel to succeed but he was a mess outside of football.
Reply/Quote
(02-08-2017, 09:54 PM)bengalsturntup926 Wrote: That's why I added other star players in there.  Trent dilfer wasn't a star but a lot of the rest of the team were at that time.and Rey Lewis. Brad Johnson same thing. 

What I'm doing is looking at the Superbowl track record since 1980 from the video I watched.  It's always stars that win it,and just like brady,Montana went and won many, Dallas went and won many in the 90s.  Once a team has that certain stud that the nfl also loves they usually make multiple appearances.  What does the Bengals need to do to get there?  They need to find these stud players that the nfl brags up and adores.

I would also go with the example of the Michael Jordan effect. Did Michael Jordan get the calls all the time even if they were ticky tacky. Yeah cause they wanted him to advance and help the image of the league. Same with lebron. I'd even say it's like that in baseball. Just look at the last world series. 

How many more players have come into the league with more fanfare and hype than Andrrew Luck ? Why didn't the NFL love train put him into a Super Bowl in a couple years ?

What about RGIII ? Hell he had a half dozen commercials before the draft. How many Super Bowls he been in ?

Sorry but what it takes to win a Championship is all the things we don't have that aren't players.

Accountability, discipline, expectations, having winning as the one and only focus, having a competent coaching staff, etc.
Reply/Quote
(02-08-2017, 09:46 PM)bengalsturntup926 Wrote: I'm guessing you didn't bother to read my post,you just got on here and started bashing. 

Oh I read it.

(02-08-2017, 09:54 PM)bengalsturntup926 Wrote: Just look at the last world series. 

Yes, a team that hadn't won in a super long time fired their garbage GM and stopped hiring low-grade managers like Mike Quade, Dale Sveum, and Rick Renteria to get one of the top managers in the league and THEN broke the bank to get the hottest GM in sports who just got done breaking a super long drought in Boston.

Holy crap, getting the best guys in the business and giving them years to get it done can work!?  THE FIX IS ON!!!
Reply/Quote
(02-08-2017, 10:08 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: How many more players have come into the league with more fanfare and hype than Andrrew Luck ? Why didn't the NFL love train put him into a Super Bowl in a couple years ?

What about RGIII ? Hell he had a half dozen commercials before the draft. How many Super Bowls he been in ?

Sorry but what it takes to win a Championship is all the things we don't have that aren't players.

Accountability, discipline, expectations, having winning as the one and only focus, having a competent coaching staff, etc.

I would put coaches on the star list too. Bill parcells early 90s. Jon gruden early 200s ,why I don't know not everyone succeeds, rg3 did win a playoff game so has luck.  Luck probably will start being good when they need him to when their favorites retire. Rg3 idk he got hurt and went out of their favoritism I guess. 

If I can sit here and say next year, it'll be the pats and pitt in the afc championship and not be wrong. You don't think it's fishy at all even though there's so many other teams in the afc? Theres hardly any parity, it's the same teams over and over 
Reply/Quote
(02-08-2017, 10:14 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Oh I read it.

You just wanted to ask the question like a ass gotcha
Reply/Quote
(02-08-2017, 10:17 PM)bengalsturntup926 Wrote: You just wanted to ask the question like a ass gotcha

I do everything like a ass gotcha.
Reply/Quote
(02-08-2017, 07:28 PM)bengalsturntup926 Wrote: Y'all are delusional on here go ahead and think sports arent corrupt and rigged, it's like telling little kids wrestling isnt real or Santa doesn't exist. Y'all are throwing hissy fits. Grow up people. 

This is an argument from silence. Where is the empirical evidence that the NFL is rigged? Is there any? 

Also, responding to your recent posts, most of these star players are stars because they WON. They became stars because they win championships! 

And if someone were to use your logic, if (hypothetically) the Bengals were to win the Super Bowl, they could say that it's only because they had stars like AJ Green and Andy Dalton. And don't say it ridiculous. It's the same argument you're using for why these teams won championships.
Reply/Quote
(02-08-2017, 10:19 PM)clevelandsdad Wrote: This is an argument from silence. Where is the empirical evidence that the NFL is rigged? Is there any? 

Also, responding to your recent posts, most of these star players are stars because they WON. They became stars because they win championships! 

And if someone were to use your logic, if (hypothetically) the Bengals were to win the Super Bowl, they could say that it's only because they had stars like AJ Green and Andy Dalton. And don't say it ridiculous. It's the same argument you're using for why these teams won championships.

Green is a star,  eifert could be but mostly injury prone, the nfl doesn't love dalton or any other player on our roster
Reply/Quote
that's it....if we get a bunch of star players they will rig it for us. But if we have a bunch of star players will we need it to be rigged for us?

Just kidding man. I think it might be rigged too, just not for the same reasoning as you went on there. I think it's rigged to keep the maximum amount of people watching. Without NFL nobody really needs cable or directTV. Billions of dollars is riding on this stuff.
Large market fans have more shit to do if their team sucks. They lose interest faster and are more fair weather. NYG, Dallas, New England can't suck for long or it really hurts the whole tv thing. Cincinnati, Tennessee, Carolina, Jacksonville, markets like these are always gonna have a closer amount of people watching no matter if they are good or bad.
Also story lines need to be created just like WWE. Will Goodell(Vince) have to hand the trophy to Brady(Stone Cold)?... Bengals are cons and lose their composure... Can Peyton win it on his way out?.....

Also look at the lack of blowouts in the regular season anymore. Every game just about comes down to the final drive. Can't have people turning the channel. Don't believe me, watch a game next year and see if the Yellow Hankey doesn't start coming out when a team is up by two scores.

I don't think every game is fixed but if they need it to fuel a script, watch out. And I do think they're instructed to keep it as close as possible until the 4th.
Reply/Quote
(02-08-2017, 10:40 PM)bonesaw Wrote: that's it....if we get a bunch of star players they will rig it for us.   But if we have a bunch of star players will we need it to be rigged for us?

Just kidding man. I think it might be rigged too, just not for the same reasoning as you went on there.  I think it's rigged to keep the maximum amount of people watching.  Without NFL nobody really needs cable or directTV.  Billions of dollars is riding on this stuff.  
Large market fans have more shit to do if their team sucks.  They lose interest faster and are more fair weather.  NYG, Dallas, New England can't suck for long or it really hurts the whole tv thing.  Cincinnati, Tennessee, Carolina, Jacksonville, markets like these are always gonna have a closer amount of people watching no matter if they are good or bad.  
Also story lines need to be created just like WWE.  Will Goodell(Vince) have to hand the trophy to Brady(Stone Cold)?...  Bengals are cons and lose their composure...  Can Peyton win it on his way out?.....

Also look at the lack of blowouts in the regular season anymore.  Every game just about comes down to the final drive.  Can't have people turning the channel.  Don't believe me, watch a game next year and see if the Yellow Hankey doesn't start coming out when a team is up by two scores.  

I don't think every game is fixed but if they need it to fuel a script, watch out.  And I do think they're instructed to keep it as close as possible until the 4th.

That makes a lot of sense too. 

But I just thought about this theory long and hard,and it might go right along with what your saying . Here's stars that's always winning, Tom Brady,  Russell wilson, peyton Manning,  big Ben and the rest of their studs , Rey lewis, john elway, Brett favre, the cowboys dynasty, Joe montana. 

Sure there's a ream that comes in every once in awhile. But if they have a star they consider a great and a legend.they will help you along. 

Just for example,  Christian mccaffrey would seem like a player they'd build up and love.  Oj Howard seems like a tight end they'd love, he'll probably end up on the Steelers for their Superbowl year run. I would say Foster might possibly be one of them guys they hype up like Lawrence taylor or von miller.  Dalvin cook the next LT or somebody . Fornette maybe could be Lynch. 
Reply/Quote
(02-08-2017, 09:54 PM)bengalsturntup926 Wrote: That's why I added other star players in there.  Trent dilfer wasn't a star but a lot of the rest of the team were at that time.and Rey Lewis. Brad Johnson same thing. 

AJ Green is a star. Atkins would be a star but the NFL refuses to promote him as such. Same with Burfict and maybe even Dunlap. Dalton has had his moments. We have players that would qualify as stars if they were on a better run franchise, or if the NFL wanted to "make" the Bengals a thing.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote

The NFL and NBA have different approaches to league advertising or promotions.
NBA has a long history of one player, Wilt Chamberlayne, Dr. J, Jerry West, Micheal Jordan, Kobie Bryant, Lebron James,Bill Russell, etc carrying the headlines.
In the NFL it's more about rivalries- peyton v brady, washinton v dallas, belichick v rex ryan, steelers v baltimore ,belichick v his ex coaches who recently got a head coaching position elsewhere.
Reply/Quote
(02-08-2017, 02:10 AM)bengalsturntup926 Wrote: Mainly you have to have a stud qb and big name coach ...... do you agree with my theory?

Uh, Ravens?
#WhoDey
#RuleTheJungle
#TheyGottaPlayUs
#WeAreYourSuperBowl

Reply/Quote
Well...it's not illegal to script outcomes any way the league sees fit. It IS part of the entertainment industry. Next thing we'll hear is that movies are never fixed ahead of time. We never know if the hero gets the girl until the very end.. And Gloria Swanson really wasn't batshit crazy just because she was having sex with a chimpanzee in her last movie.. ok, maybe that part was  scripted  but everything else in the movies is always true all the time.  
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
Hey, if you really love conspiracy theory stuff about football (and everything else for that matter) read Tony tells it like it is.. One thing for certain is its illegal to say you tell it like it is and be wrong about anything.. It's like the one time belief that you can't say things on TV that aren't true.. 
My guess is the guy is completely full of himself, but this doesn't stop him from being entertaining.. Just remember..if it's entertainment it has to be true.. lol
http://www.tonytellingitlikeitis.com/blog/The-NFL-is-Fixed--Scripted-55545

I love a good conspiracy theory as much as the next guy. That doesn't necessarily mean that I believe it, but they're fun to think about.  
Strange that when you put two words together in the same sentence they become untrue.. We know conspiracies happen and we know there is such a thing as theories, but put the two together and it's pandamonium and can't be true.. or CAN THEY? 
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(02-08-2017, 09:58 PM)bengalsturntup926 Wrote: Even tebow won a playoff game, but he ran into the pats they wasn't going to let him beat the goat. If he would of stayed with Denver he would of probably met the story line requirement another year. They seemed to want manziel to succeed but he was a mess outside of football.

You could actually push the narrative that Saint Tebow was just the face the NFL wanted to push into the limelight and a SB or two to combat the bad press other players had been getting BUT when Timmy was approached to accept glory under false pretenses he refused.  Once he refused the NFL retaliated by forbidding all teams to even give him a slot as a 3rd string QB.  Seriously Tebow can't possibly be worse than ALL the QBs on rosters in the NFL right?  It makes sense.
Reply/Quote