Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sad post about Bengals dominance on Browns Board
I make it a habit to visit the bengals weekly opponent message boards. After victories I like to visit their game threads just to wallow in their tears.(I Know, I'm evil) The past few years I've had to lay off the Browns though. They have been so pathetic I just felt too sorry for their fans(who are some of the best fans out there). I almost just want to give them a hug and let them know that we understand because of the 90's. There was one post that typified their sadness but also had a pretty insightful take on the game in my opinion. Here it is.

marktroy wrote: Once again, numbers are meaningless.

What fans miss is that since we're always bad, good opponents are rarely fired up to play us. This isn't about halftime adjustments as it is about good teams waltzing out, sometimes after a big game previously, and mailing in the first half. Then if the game is close they dial it up a notch in the 2nd half.

People wanna act like it's a level playing field and some great motivational speech by our HC will spur us to inspired play over a quality opponent in the 2nd half. Or that there's some incredible strategy move that's available to overcome the disparity in talent.

See this for what it is. The Cards and the Bengals sleep-walked thru the first half of our games because they could. Add in that the Cards had to make an eastern trip and the Bengals had a big rivalry game 4 days earlier, and you have uninspired play from a couple of good teams for a half.

Then they got serious until they blew us out. Once the 3rd quarter is over, then they started laughing in the 4th quarter. See this for what it is people. We don't belong on the same field as those teams. They can bring their C games and still blow us out.
Reply/Quote
(11-06-2015, 07:05 PM)Bengal Rama Wrote: I make it a habit to visit the bengals weekly opponent message boards.  After victories I like to visit their game threads just to wallow in their tears.(I Know, I'm evil)  The past few years I've had to lay off the Browns though.  They have been so pathetic I just felt too sorry for their fans(who are some of the best fans out there).  I almost just want to give them a hug and let them know that we understand because of the 90's.  There was one post that typified their sadness but also had a pretty insightful take on the game in my opinion.  Here it is.

marktroy wrote: Once again, numbers are meaningless.

What fans miss is that since we're always bad, good opponents are rarely fired up to play us. This isn't about halftime adjustments as it is about good teams waltzing out, sometimes after a big game previously, and mailing in the first half. Then if the game is close they dial it up a notch in the 2nd half.

People wanna act like it's a level playing field and some great motivational speech by our HC will spur us to inspired play over a quality opponent in the 2nd half. Or that there's some incredible strategy move that's available to overcome the disparity in talent.

See this for what it is. The Cards and the Bengals sleep-walked thru the first half of our games because they could. Add in that the Cards had to make an eastern trip and the Bengals had a big rivalry game 4 days earlier, and you have uninspired play from a couple of good teams for a half.

Then they got serious until they blew us out. Once the 3rd quarter is over, then they started laughing in the 4th quarter. See this for what it is people. We don't belong on the same field as those teams. They can bring their C games and still blow us out.

All I can say is this...............................................GLAD I'M NOT A BROWNS FAN ANYMORE!!!   Wink

(I was 15 and lived in Dayton, Ohio (about 50 miles north of Cincy) when PB started the Bengals in 1968, and since there was no other Ohio team, dad and I were Browns fans.  Since the Bengals were closer and we liked PB, we converted to Bengal fans.)
Reply/Quote
(11-06-2015, 07:11 PM)bengalguy71 Wrote: All I can say is this...............................................GLAD I'M NOT A BROWNS FAN ANYMORE!!!   Wink

(I was 15 and lived in Dayton, Ohio (about 50 miles north of Cincy) when PB started the Bengals in 1968, and since there was no other Ohio team, dad and I were Browns fans.  Since the Bengals were closer and we liked PB, we converted to Bengal fans.)

That Browns team was different than this Browns team though.  That Browns team became The Ravens... Ok, 2015 I guess there's really not much difference between the two.  
[Image: d1id.png]
Reply/Quote
Ttat's total BS, we didn't bring our C game. They saw our A game all game. They just aren't anywhere close to it.
[Image: 43325991030_4d39723a8f.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(11-06-2015, 07:40 PM)reuben.ahmed Wrote: That's total BS, we didn't bring our C game. They saw our A game all game. They just aren't anywhere close to it.

I agree.  I think they brought their A game in the first half.  I don't know if they were demoralized in the second half, or if we were able to utilize our talent after making half time adjustments, or if there was some other reason, but they were an easier opponent in the second half.
Reply/Quote
He's so deliciously, despairingly correct. God, I love his pain.
Reply/Quote
My message to Opposing fans .

[Image: VdkGvAe.jpg]
Reply/Quote