Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Safety Vonn Bell Signed
3 year deal as the secondary rebuild continues.
Reply/Quote
Another great signing. Times are changing folks !
Reply/Quote
(03-25-2020, 03:18 PM)Au165 Wrote: 3 year deal as the secondary rebuild continues.

Damn.  Now I know there are some people 'round here who wanted to see this happen. 

Don't tell me, let me guess--he tackles well.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
My thoughts on this are, I am a fan. Shawn Williams is on the last year of his contract and this let's us flex him down to LB in sub packages if we want. Also frees up the draft a bit as I expected us to take another safety at some point day 3.
Reply/Quote
Damn it. Beat me to it. Great job Bengals. Two rangy safeties. Good tacking corners run stopping tackles. I like it.
Reply/Quote
This is definitely New Day. It official in my mind.

Great signing! Instant upgrade at the S position.
Reply/Quote
Another very good signing. Love this. Building up Lou's Defense so Zac can Draft him and Burrow's Offense.

Pretty clear in my eyes. Best FA I have ever witnessed. Saw others wanting Bell and wanted him as well just thought
we needed a LB more at this point or O-line. Just got Bynes so that makes me feel much better about LB and we can
still get Jason Peters in here who I would love and draft interior O-line in this deep Draft of Guards.
Reply/Quote
Holy cow. What is happening?

Love this signing. The guy is a big playmaker.
Reply/Quote
Holy hell Batman. These aren’t your father’s bengals anymore. Shoot, they’re not even my bengals anymore.

Like this signing a lot.

Now trade Dre or Andy for an ol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Ch...ch...ch...changes
Reply/Quote
Reader was a landmark signing but this may be my favorite. We are going to have a lot of Bell and Williams pairings in 5 DB sets and they bring versatility in the SS/NLB dept. Kid is only 25 and we got em for 3 years, can't wait to see the numbers. This is a BIG deal.
Reply/Quote
(03-25-2020, 03:18 PM)Au165 Wrote: 3 year deal as the secondary rebuild continues.

Wow on the three year deal.  He's only 25.  Don't know why I thought he had been around longer than that.  ESPN just said the Saints wanted him back.  Did he really choose us over the Saints?  Did we just outbid another team again? Somebody around this franchise said, Alright, enough with the sucking.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

Reply/Quote
They're gonna have to wear name plates on the front of their jerseys come TC time.

Reply/Quote
(03-25-2020, 03:26 PM)Schmitbuck Wrote: Holy cow. What is happening?

Love this signing. The guy is a big playmaker.

This made me re-think my Delpit pick in the 2nd I keep making....

Think we go Offense now pretty much the whole Draft except LB, even then we added Bynes and we are going to more of a 3-4
hybrid so Hubbard, Lawson would be OLB's at times so we may be better at LB then we thought. Also with Bell and Shawn they
can play nickel LB for us.
Reply/Quote
His 89.6 grade against the run goes along with everything the bengals clearly had a plan for fixing this off season. His coverage is average but it’s a huge upgrade and means Shawn Williams will be our nickel LB. we’re building to stop the run clearly so hopefully we can shut down Lamar and co. I now want us to either go edge or WR at 33 unless of course Queen or Murray falls
Who Dey!!!

Reply/Quote
Missed 3 games in 4 years. I like the sound of that.
Reply/Quote
Welcome to Cincinnati Zac Taylor!

Reply/Quote
Wow this is crazy seeing all these free agent signings. Pretty clear they are going to draft offensive heavy with these signings being on defense. Loving this!
[Image: hFcJI4.png]
Reply/Quote
Damn. I was really wanting Bell but didn't think it was a real possibility at this point. 

What an incredible off-season it's been. I think Zac and Duke deserve all the kudos they can get right now. Hell, even Mike deserves major props for allowing them to go out and kill it like this. 
Reply/Quote
(03-25-2020, 03:20 PM)McC Wrote: Damn.  Now I know there are some people 'round here who wanted to see this happen. 

Don't tell me, let me guess--he tackles well.

Have to admit...made me spit coffee on the screen  Hilarious
Reply/Quote