Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Safety Vonn Bell Signed
This free agency has been impressive. I'm no Bengals free agency historian by any means but this has been the most effort by the Bengals put in to it that I can recall.

Seems the draft might be offense heavy given all the attention to defense in free agency so far.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ    Yeah
Reply/Quote
(03-25-2020, 03:38 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: Damn. I was really wanting Bell but didn't think it was a real possibility at this point. 

What an incredible off-season it's been. I think Zac and Duke deserve all the kudos they can get right now. Hell, even Mike deserves major props for allowing them to go out and kill it like this. 

Mike has to be dead. There's no other explanation. Well, except they quarantined him giving ZT POA and told Mike there was no contact, even by phone, to the outside world for the next 14-21 days.

Reply/Quote
Excellent, best safety on the market. Should be able to replace Williams.
Reply/Quote
(03-25-2020, 03:32 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: This made me re-think my Delpit pick in the 2nd I keep making....

Think we go Offense now pretty much the whole Draft except LB, even then we added Bynes and we are going to more of a 3-4
hybrid so Hubbard, Lawson would be OLB's at times so we may be better at LB then we thought. Also with Bell and Shawn they
can play nickel LB for us.

This is perfect...it gives the stud future safety like Dugger or Chinn time to develop and cut their teeth (and someone's head off) on special teams.

I STILL see it as:

Trade back in the 2nd...

Get the WR (I LOVE Claypool) in middle 2nd

Get the Speedy LB(Akeem Davis-Gaither) and the ballhawking developmental safety(Dugger/Chinn) in the 3rd.

Get the beastly LG (Damien Lewis, LSU) in the top of Rd 4 and suddenly, the massive holes on the roster look pretty solid.  AND you have insurance on Green and Williams not being back next year....although I would not call Williams a big loss and think Fej should have stolen his job.  
Reply/Quote
(03-25-2020, 03:38 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: Damn. I was really wanting Bell but didn't think it was a real possibility at this point. 

What an incredible off-season it's been. I think Zac and Duke deserve all the kudos they can get right now. Hell, even Mike deserves major props for allowing them to go out and kill it like this. 

Totally agree !!!

We have been waiting for moves like this FOREVER.

:andy: :andy: :andy: :andy: :andy:
Reply/Quote
(03-25-2020, 03:34 PM)TSwigZ Wrote: His 89.6 grade against the run goes along with everything the bengals clearly had a plan for fixing this off season. His coverage is average but it’s a huge upgrade and means Shawn Williams will be our nickel LB. we’re building to stop the run clearly so hopefully we can shut down Lamar and co. I now want us to either go edge or WR at 33 unless of course Queen or Murray falls

Absolutely...the only way I am not trading back and getting the WR in Rd 2 and the SS and LB in Rd 3 is if Queen or Murray is there.  No one else.  

I also love Tanner Muse in the later rounds as a hybrid LB.  Dude has size and speed to be a damn good nickel LB.  
Reply/Quote
This is awesome. Fantastic signing.
If you see something suspicious, say something suspicious.

Reply/Quote
(03-25-2020, 03:46 PM)SHRacerX Wrote: Absolutely...the only way I am not trading back and getting the WR in Rd 2 and the SS and LB in Rd 3 is if Queen or Murray is there.  No one else.  

I also love Tanner Muse in the later rounds as a hybrid LB.  Dude has size and speed to be a damn good nickel LB.  

What about Baun?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Reply/Quote
Okay, so just how far over the cap are we now?

On another front, people on ESPN openly weeping over the threat of losing the Bengals as low hanging fruit.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(03-25-2020, 03:43 PM)SHRacerX Wrote: This is perfect...it gives the stud future safety like Dugger or Chinn time to develop and cut their teeth (and someone's head off) on special teams.

I STILL see it as:

Trade back in the 2nd...

Get the WR (I LOVE Claypool) in middle 2nd

Get the Speedy LB(Akeem Davis-Gaither) and the ballhawking developmental safety(Dugger/Chinn) in the 3rd.

Get the beastly LG (Damien Lewis, LSU) in the top of Rd 4 and suddenly, the massive holes on the roster look pretty solid.  AND you have insurance on Green and Williams not being back next year....although I would not call Williams a big loss and think Fej should have stolen his job.  

I like it a lot. I will do one all Offense right now...

1st - Burrow QB 
2nd - Laviska Shenault WR
3rd - Edwards Helaire RB
4th - Logan Stenberg G
5th - Thadeus Moss TE
6th - Jon Runyan OT
7th - Simmon's pick for ST's
Reply/Quote

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(03-25-2020, 03:54 PM)pally Wrote:

Bell is jumping to the new Brees in Burrow, knows Brees cannot last forever...
Reply/Quote

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
Wow!

I don’t miss Fej anymore.
Reply/Quote
THis is going to be a total different team but when you draft #1, it's the right thing to do.

And again I say unto you, It is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle, than for a rich man to enter into the kingdom of God.

Reply/Quote
Alright, alright, alright!  This may be my favorite signing yet.

Good job, Bengals!
Reply/Quote
Cowhead and other media Bengal haters also weeping because suddenly the Bengals are a much better place for Burrow and we won't have to trade him to Miami.

We really have to give credit to Mike Brown and his team for totally changing their way of doing business.

I never thought we would see a free agency period like this

This stuff should go a long way to repair the relationship with fan base and convince Burrow that he is coming to a team that wants to win.
Reply/Quote
(03-25-2020, 04:00 PM)Arturo Bandini Wrote: THis is going to be a total different team but when you draft #1, it's the right thing to do.

So true!

:andy: :andy: :andy:
Reply/Quote
LFG!! Great pickup!

For the love, PLEASE let these free agency pick ups pan out or the Bengals will never be aggressive free agency players again.
Reply/Quote
(03-25-2020, 04:03 PM)bengals67 Wrote: Cowhead and other media Bengal haters also weeping because suddenly the Bengals are a much better place for Burrow and we won't have to trade him to Miami.

We really have to give credit to Mike Brown and his team for totally changing their way of doing business.

I never thought we would see a free agency period like this

This stuff should go a long way to repair the relationship with fan base and convince Burrow that he is coming to a team that wants to win.

I might even start buying Bengals gear again...
Reply/Quote