Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Safety Vonn Bell Signed
(03-25-2020, 03:52 PM)McC Wrote: Okay, so just how far over the cap are we now?

On another front, people on ESPN openly weeping over the threat of losing the Bengals as low hanging fruit.

Hard to say, but I think Kirkpatrick is getting axed any day now. 

I love this signing! 
Reply/Quote
(03-25-2020, 03:56 PM)pally Wrote:

I loves me some Safety blitzes.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
First the coronavirus and now controlling entertainment... This is obviously an alien invasion that is the only possible explanation.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(03-25-2020, 03:43 PM)SHRacerX Wrote: This is perfect...it gives the stud future safety like Dugger or Chinn time to develop and cut their teeth (and someone's head off) on special teams.

I STILL see it as:

Trade back in the 2nd...

Get the WR (I LOVE Claypool) in middle 2nd

Get the Speedy LB(Akeem Davis-Gaither) and the ballhawking developmental safety(Dugger/Chinn) in the 3rd.

Get the beastly LG (Damien Lewis, LSU) in the top of Rd 4 and suddenly, the massive holes on the roster look pretty solid.  AND you have insurance on Green and Williams not being back next year....although I would not call Williams a big loss and think Fej should have stolen his job.  

Honestly, I would have a hard time passing on Claypool at 33 regardless of the draft rankings.  You're talking a 6'5", 230 pound WR with a ridiculous catch radius that runs a 4.42 40 catching passes from a QB with simply ridiculous ball placement.
Reply/Quote
(03-25-2020, 04:10 PM)Whatever Wrote: Honestly, I would have a hard time passing on Claypool at 33 regardless of the draft rankings.  You're talking a 6'5", 230 pound WR with a ridiculous catch radius that runs a 4.42 40 catching passes from a QB with simply ridiculous ball placement.

Yeah, love Claypool too, as I have said before reminds me of Mike Evans.

And he doesn't have as much of an injury history as Shenault and had way better numbers at his proday than Higgins.

And he doesn't need to push off as much as Mims.
Reply/Quote
Solid addition. Bell is the definition of a SS.
While he only has 1 INT in his NFL career, he's a tough, sound tackler and can come downhill.
With Bell, it should also allow Williams to focus more on nickel LB.

With all these defensive additions, it is (or should be) pretty clear they want to focus on offense more in the draft.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(03-25-2020, 03:27 PM)BenZoo2 Wrote: Holy hell Batman.  These aren’t your father’s bengals anymore.  Shoot, they’re not even my bengals anymore.

These are Mike Brown's father's Bengals!  Paul Brown would love coaching this team!
Reply/Quote
Another defensive signing that is very good against the run...
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
Wow another really good signing. So much for the media narrative.
Reply/Quote
(03-25-2020, 03:46 PM)SHRacerX Wrote: Absolutely...the only way I am not trading back and getting the WR in Rd 2 and the SS and LB in Rd 3 is if Queen or Murray is there.  No one else.  

I also love Tanner Muse in the later rounds as a hybrid LB.  Dude has size and speed to be a damn good nickel LB.  

I don't think Muse would be there in the later rounds. He supposedly has a lot of fans including our buddies, the Stealers. I see him gone by the 4th at latest. I saw him have a great combine. Big, fast and strong, played a lot of ball for Clemson!
Reply/Quote
But, this dude said good free agents would never come here...

[Image: 1*SDZoFBz9WyCBUpOLL5XQ4A.jpeg]
Reply/Quote
(03-25-2020, 04:22 PM)Burreaux Wrote: Wow another really good signing. So much for the media narrative.

The Bengals could be holding up the Lombardi and Colin Cowpie and plenty of blowhards at ESPN would be saying Yeah but they'll never win two.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

Reply/Quote
(03-25-2020, 04:22 PM)Burreaux Wrote: Wow another really good signing. So much for the media narrative.

If the Bengals aren't careful, the media may call them the "Winners" of Free Agency. Yikes! We all know how that worked out for Cleveland last year. Lmao
Although, 7-9 sounds much better than 2-14. Lol
Reply/Quote
What in the world is going on at PBS. I'm stunned (in a good way).
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS2LMwnxebk2zwcBWk4W7X...I8vWk4x3_g]
Reply/Quote

Reply/Quote
(03-25-2020, 04:27 PM)JerseyDD09 Wrote: If the Bengals aren't careful, the media may call them the "Winners" of Free Agency. Yikes! We all know how that worked out for Cleveland last year. Lmao
Although, 7-9 sounds much better than 2-14. Lol

LOL.

Difference is our nutjob quotient is so much lower.

Reply/Quote
(03-25-2020, 03:38 PM)SHRacerX Wrote: Have to admit...made me spit coffee on the screen  Hilarious

From what I can gather, its a perfect storm of a QB coming in on a rookie deal that frees up cash ,  letting new coach in 2nd yr do his thing, and we have to start thinking NFL players want to play with Joe Burrow....
what else explains it? 
Reply/Quote
(03-25-2020, 04:33 PM)Bengalholic Wrote:  

The cheap narrative I think has finally been put to rest...or maybe not, people are nuts. 
Reply/Quote
(03-25-2020, 04:33 PM)Bengalholic Wrote:  

Joe
Reply/Quote
(03-25-2020, 03:42 PM)George Cantstandya Wrote: This free agency has been impressive.  I'm no Bengals free agency historian by any means but this has been the most effort by the Bengals put in to it that I can recall.

Seems the draft might be offense heavy given all the attention to defense in free agency so far.
I've wondered why Vonn Bell was still available, seemed to be a good fit for Cincinnati and many other teams.  I'm thrilled to see him in stripes.  How many more signings left?  RT next?  Anyone want to re-evaluate Taylor and company?
Reply/Quote