Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Safety Vonn Bell Signed
3 years $18 Million is a pretty good deal as well. Not sure how it's structured but just looking at the avg per year it's an upper mid level deal.
Reply/Quote
(03-25-2020, 04:39 PM)bengals1969 Wrote: I've wondered why Vonn Bell was still available, seemed to be a good fit for Cincinnati and many other teams.  I'm thrilled to see him in stripes.  How many more signings left?  RT next?  Anyone want to re-evaluate Taylor and company?

He mentioned he wanted to play in the area around where he played at Ohio State.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(03-25-2020, 03:36 PM)masonbengals fan Wrote: Missed 3 games in 4 years. I like the sound of that.

Me too, but you gotta be careful with that talk I’m Cincy. Remember that Wharton guy we signed a few years back? Didn’t he never miss a game until he got here lol if it wasn’t him we definitely had one guy like that
Reply/Quote
(03-25-2020, 04:46 PM)Au165 Wrote: 3 years $18 Million is a pretty good deal as well. Not sure how it's structured but just looking at the avg per year it's an upper mid level deal.

Wow... I seen an article that said the Saints offered him a multi year deal at 7.5 average. I thought it was going to be closer to 3 for 27.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
Another Buckeye coming home to play! They were actually talking about him on the NFL Network last night. Said they couldn't believe he hasn't been signed yet. Also said he is best in the box, run support and blitzing...
Reply/Quote
(03-25-2020, 04:37 PM)Au165 Wrote: The cheap narrative I think has finally been put to rest...or maybe not, people are nuts. 

Some people do cherish their narratives like their children.  But this has got to be mowing all but the most ardent ones down.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
Welp, for those of you who wanted to quit on the Bengals and were looking for a new team . . . here it is.
Only users lose drugs.
:-)-~~~
Reply/Quote
(03-25-2020, 04:52 PM)Forever Spinning Vinyl Wrote: Welp, for those of you who wanted to quit on the Bengals and were looking for a new team . . . here it is.

Well said, this is the new team I was wanting to see...
Reply/Quote
(03-25-2020, 04:46 PM)Au165 Wrote: 3 years $18 Million is a pretty good deal as well. Not sure how it's structured but just looking at the avg per year it's an upper mid level deal.

Most years this would have been our biggest deal in free agency other than signing our own players.
Reply/Quote
(03-25-2020, 05:05 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Most years this would have been our biggest deal in free agency other than signing our own players.

It would, where is Pistons?  Ninja
Reply/Quote
Oh good....yep was hoping for this. That should help our def. Just need 1 really good LB.
Reply/Quote

Very good deal, 6M/yr for a starting safety is a deal that fell in their laps.  Most of us overreacted the first day but this is a good deal, still others out there.  Dalton's 17M could go a long way with whats left, and Dre's money would he a Mixon extension with front end money.
Reply/Quote
(03-25-2020, 05:06 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: It would, where is Pistons?  Ninja

Starting to worry about that dude....
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
Good to see them acting like a team that is embarrassed that they went 2-14. Who knows how everything will work out but for once they are actually trying to really fix the issues not just half-assing it in free agency.
Reply/Quote
(03-25-2020, 04:22 PM)Burreaux Wrote: Wow another really good signing. So much for the media narrative.

Yeah, can't wait to hear those jackals trying to take credit for it. 
Today I'm TEAM SEWELL. Tomorrow TEAM PITTS. Maybe TEAM CHASE. I can't decide, and glad I don't have to.
Reply/Quote
Outstanding. What a pleasant surprise.
Reply/Quote
Wow, this is an awesome signing. I don't have anything brilliant to add that already hasn't been said, but I'm thinking it's Burrow, a LB, and a whole bunch of offensive players for the upcoming draft.
Reply/Quote
Okay, this just downright confirms that Shawn Williams is now a LB, a la Mark Barron.
Reply/Quote
(03-25-2020, 05:24 PM)Crazyjdawg Wrote: Okay, this just downright confirms that Shawn Williams is now a LB, a la Mark Barron.

I can actually see Vonn Bell as the nickle linebacker. He a better run defender, better in the box, and a better blitzer.... but he's not great in coverage.

Reply/Quote
Another good signing. More players on defense that can tackle. We're gunna need that to contain Lamar. Could probably scratch safety off the draft list. But if the right guy falls? At the top of the second with the best linebackers taken, I could see us going with a promising edge player, a tackle/guard...Really we're set up for best player available.

The only pressing need is linebacker depth. We could be lined up in the 2nd, 3rd, or 4th to take a linebacker as the best player available on our board though. If we can grab a pick for Dalton we'd have even better odds of that being the case.
Reply/Quote