Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Saffold released
Pro Bowl guard available after being cut by Titans. Another non-comp addition?
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Honestly there have been a couple mid tier guys getting cut and more will continue to be over the next week. I think people should realize that even a mid tier guy is an improvement over what we had last year in a lot of cases. I think we will look to get the best player for the best deal then work back from there at other positions.
Reply/Quote
(03-10-2022, 01:22 PM)Au165 Wrote: Honestly there have been a couple mid tier guys getting cut and more will continue to be over the next week. I think people should realize that even a mid tier guy is an improvement over what we had last year in a lot of cases. I think we will look to get the best player for the best deal then work back from there at other positions.

At 33, Saffold is the type of veteran talent depth that you'd like to have if you're counting on a guy like Jackson Carman to take the next step forward.  Saffold would likely cost vet minimum, and could easily step in and play in the event of injury or talent breakdown.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
If he's healthy I would like the signing as a 1-2 year fix, while the young guys get going. Probably a good mentor.
Reply/Quote
(03-10-2022, 01:36 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: At 33, Saffold is the type of veteran talent depth that you'd like to have if you're counting on a guy like Jackson Carman to take the next step forward.  Saffold would likely cost vet minimum, and could easily step in and play in the event of injury or talent breakdown.

Right, he or someone like him could be the XSF in terms of a vet who we aren't hoping starts but could if the young guys don't pan out. 
Reply/Quote
Definitely an upgrade over what we had last year. If he comes cheap he’d be a great safety net for Carman.
Reply/Quote
I would like Saffold to push Carman and he would be cheap. Saffold for depth in case Carman wins out the LG position.

Collins trade, Jensen, Corbett and Saffold would be a fantastic FA.
Reply/Quote
100% on board with Saffold as a 1-2 year stopgap.
He played on the Rams while Taylor was there, so there's some familiarity.
He's also experienced with the similar scheme.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
Depends on that bad shoulder...

Reply/Quote
No thanks. 32 and struggled with injury all last year. Nerve damage in his shoulder. He only missed 2 games, but he was out for big chunks of other games.
Reply/Quote