Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Saints release G Larry Warford
Lapham thinks they have talked but there are many variables to this: https://www.si.com/nfl/bengals/gm-report/bengals-larry-warford-lapham
Reply/Quote
(06-08-2020, 06:19 PM)phil413 Wrote: Lapham thinks they have talked but there are many variables to this:  https://www.si.com/nfl/bengals/gm-report/bengals-larry-warford-lapham

I like what I am hearing. Would be a great move for us once we take care of AJ and Mixon IMO.

But as Lap said, have to see how in shape Warford is before signing him. Have to have a physical.
Reply/Quote
(06-08-2020, 10:09 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: I like what I am hearing. Would be a great move for us once we take care of AJ and Mixon IMO.

But as Lap said, have to see how in shape Warford is before signing him. Have to have a physical.

I don’t think signing Warford should be contingent on extending Green or Mixon, since there’s no guarantee that ever gets done. While the team spends time negotiating, Warford isn’t going to sit on his hands, he’s going to go to another team. Then the Bengals would be left with without an upgraded Oline and possibly no extensions. Negotiate with all three, sign the ones you can regardless of the others. I like what the article suggests; cutting Redmond and Shawn Williams would save a little over $6mil.
Reply/Quote
(06-10-2020, 01:29 AM)Yojimbo Wrote: I don’t think signing Warford should be contingent on extending Green or Mixon, since there’s no guarantee that ever gets done. While the team spends time negotiating, Warford isn’t going to sit on his hands, he’s going to go to another team. Then the Bengals would be left with without an upgraded Oline and possibly no extensions. Negotiate with all three, sign the ones you can regardless of the others. I like what the article suggests; cutting Redmond and Shawn Williams would save a little over $6mil.

Still have to know if Warford is in shape. I get what you are saying but this is a must.

Don't want to sign some out of shape dude that just wants a paycheck.
Reply/Quote
(06-10-2020, 12:30 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Still have to know if Warford is in shape. I get what you are saying but this is a must.

Don't want to sign some out of shape dude that just wants a paycheck.

Agree 100.
Reply/Quote
This is the exact quote.

Quote:"I guarantee you it's [signing Warford] been discussed," Lapham said. "There's no way in my mind the Bengals haven't kicked the tires — thought about that process. There's a lot of variables in the equation and that's the way it is with a lot of teams around the league. On top of it being the coronavirus and you can't get your hands on him and give him a physical."

Looks like Lapham isn't going by any inside information just making an educated statement. I would say alot of teams have had discussions about Larry Warford.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(06-10-2020, 05:38 PM)Synric Wrote: This is the exact quote.

Looks like Lapham isn't going by any inside information just making an educated statement. I would say alot of teams have had discussions about Larry Warford.

But I don't know if a lot of teams have as big of a question mark at RG as us...
Reply/Quote
(06-10-2020, 12:46 PM)Yojimbo Wrote: Agree 100.

Agreed too...which reminds me...what ever happened to Cordy Glenn? did he sign elsewhere?
Reply/Quote
(06-13-2020, 12:12 PM)kalibengal Wrote: Agreed too...which reminds me...what ever happened to Cordy Glenn? did he sign elsewhere?

Nope. Might be virus related or could be nobody’s interested.

Reply/Quote
CAN WE SIGN WARFORD ALREADY?!?!
Tiger

2024 MOCK DRAFT (4 ROUND)

1ST ROUND-OT-JC LATHAM-ALABAMA
2ND ROUND-OG-COOPER BEEBE-KANSAS
3RD ROUND-DT-DEWAYNE CARTER-DUKE
3RD ROUND-WR-JACOB COWING-ARIZONA
4TH ROUND-CB-MIKE SAINRISTIL-MICHIGAN
Reply/Quote
Chiefs just lost their starting RG Laurent Duvernay-Tardif to a COVID opt out. Looks like they will be in the market for a replacement.

Duvernay-Tardif, a medical school graduate, will be continuing his job working in a Canadian Nursing Home treating COVID patients

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
The saga is over. Warlord is sitting out the 2020 season.
Reply/Quote
(07-28-2020, 05:50 PM)Yojimbo Wrote: The saga is over. Warlord is sitting out the 2020 season.

He should have signed with someone then sat out. He could'a made $350K 
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(07-28-2020, 09:39 PM)bfine32 Wrote: He should have signed with someone then sat out. He could'a made $350K 

Eh?  Maybe better that he willfully opted out, rather than to be cut in shame.  An obese guy, without a full off season and training camp would likely not fare well come time for live action..

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
So glad we didn’t bother bringing this guy in. Fred Johnson looked like an All Pro at guard last night. :ninja:

Reply/Quote
Bengals still have $9.5 mill in cap space.
They absolutely should bring in Warford unless he is hardline $10+ mill.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(09-18-2020, 12:51 PM)ochocincos Wrote: Bengals still have $9.5 mill in cap space.
They absolutely should bring in Warford unless he is hardline $10+ mill.

I guess AU165 said he opted out of the season. Sucks. We sure could use him.

Reply/Quote
(09-18-2020, 12:59 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: I guess AU165 said he opted out of the season. Sucks. We sure could use him.

Ahh, I missed that. Oh well. Maybe this next offseason.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
Larry Warford is still available?!? Holy shit bring this guy in! Protect Burrow Mike Brown. He has a future!!!
Tiger

2024 MOCK DRAFT (4 ROUND)

1ST ROUND-OT-JC LATHAM-ALABAMA
2ND ROUND-OG-COOPER BEEBE-KANSAS
3RD ROUND-DT-DEWAYNE CARTER-DUKE
3RD ROUND-WR-JACOB COWING-ARIZONA
4TH ROUND-CB-MIKE SAINRISTIL-MICHIGAN
Reply/Quote
(07-28-2020, 05:50 PM)Yojimbo Wrote: The saga is over. Warlord is sitting out the 2020 season.

(09-18-2020, 01:21 PM)Nati#1 Wrote: Larry Warford is still available?!? Holy shit bring this guy in! Protect Burrow Mike Brown. He has a future!!!

Nope as Yo here said, he is sitting out the season so probably fat and out of shape anyways.
Reply/Quote