Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Salary Cap question
I know that if we keep Dalton at his current salary the team will be at or over the cap. At what point in the league year do they take account? or do you have to remain under it at all times? Which means Dalton can only stay on the books until we sign the rookies right?

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
http://www.askthecommish.com/SalaryCap/Faq.aspx

I'm too lazy to read
Reply/Quote
The NFL won't allow a contract that would put a team over the cap. They have to approve all contracts and they're reject that. So basically yes, it's up until we need to sign our rookies, unless we find some other way of creating space.
Reply/Quote
(04-20-2020, 08:48 PM)Geno_Can_Dunk Wrote: The NFL won't allow a contract that would put a team over the cap. They have to approve all contracts and they're reject that. So basically yes, it's up until we need to sign our rookies, unless we find some other way of creating space.

How many player’s salaries count toward the salary cap during the off season?
Reply/Quote
I know it is just easy to say, but lets just trade some dudes. Rock On
Reply/Quote
Not a big cap or numbers guy but if they do have cap problems keeping Dalton at 17.5 million to be a backup and keeping Shawn Williams to be a 3rd safety dosen't make sense. This is also another reason I don't wanna pay Mixon crazy money, I wanna have money down the road to extend guys like Hubbard, Bates and maybe William Jackson if he plays well this season.
Reply/Quote
Dalton will be released before we pay him 17.5 million. Also depending on the draft I would put Shawn Williams on the fence with his 4.1 million cap hit. Also some guys that just signed tenders( C.Carter, A.Redmond) could also be cut to save a few million. I also Believe that we will sign AJ to an extension that will lower his cap hit. I'm thinking something like 3/39 with incentives maxing out at 3/45.
Reply/Quote
(04-20-2020, 10:21 PM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: How many player’s salaries count toward the salary cap during the off season?

I believe it's 51 in the offseason. But the new CBA increases rosters to 55 (from 53) during the season so I don't know if that has changed. But all the guys around that part of the roster are making pretty similar salaries anyway, so it probably doesn't matter. 
Reply/Quote
(04-21-2020, 12:57 AM)Geno_Can_Dunk Wrote: I believe it's 51 in the offseason. But the new CBA increases rosters to 55 (from 53) during the season so I don't know if that has changed. But all the guys around that part of the roster are making pretty similar salaries anyway, so it probably doesn't matter. 

So that gives them some wiggle room with the cap until the start of the season, right? Because they will have more than 51 players signed.
Reply/Quote
There are 7 teams with less cap space than the Bengals right now.

Panthers
Steelers
Saints
Falcons
Chiefs
Rams
Patriots

The final 4 have less than $2.3m in cap space. The Bengals will be fine.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote