Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Salon.com once again promoting pedos.
http://www.salon.com/2016/05/17/im_not_a_monster_a_pedophile_on_attraction_love_and_a_life_of_loneliness/?utm_source=twitter&utm_medium=socialflow

Trying to tell us all that these people aren't the absolute scum of the earth.    This is exactly what we get when start believing that mentally challenged people are the opposite sex.    Now we get the pedos trying to legitimize their "disease" by telling us they are just made that way.....       

Quote:  Todd Nickerson began to suspect he was attracted to young girls when he was 13-years-old. At 18 he regularly babysat a five-year-old girl and eventually “fell in love” with her. Because he was molested at age seven, he knew the damage abuse caused and did not want to hurt the little girl. He packed up and left town so that he did not offend.

He later came out to his family as a pedophile.
Nickerson, now 43, says he has never abused a child and never will. He is involved in a website called “Virtuous Pedophiles” that provides an online discussion forum for people that are attracted to children but do not want to act on it.

“My purpose is to go out and educate people, allowing people like myself to come out and be open,” he said. “Society makes it harder by persecuting us because a lot of us become fatalistic.”

“We start to think it doesn’t matter what we do or say they’re going to hate us anyway.”
Watch Nickerson’s story here.
[url=http://www.salon.com/2016/05/17/im_not_a_monster_a_pedophile_on_attraction_love_and_a_life_of_loneliness/][/url]
http://www.breitbart.com/big-journalism/2016/05/18/salons-todd-nickerson-on-pedophilia-im-not-a-monster/

Quote:

Salon’s Todd Nickerson on Pedophilia: ‘I’m Not a Monster’
todd-nickerson-salon
by MIKE MA
18 May 2016
advertisement

Salon writer Todd Nickerson has released a video in which he admits his love for a 5-year-old girl and why he thinks it’s justified.
The three minute video begins with Nickerson describing how he first fell in love with a child he babysat when he was 18.

“I remember looking up and just seeing her and just going… ‘Wow, she’s beautiful,'” Nickerson explains. “I knew I was in deep, I had fallen for the girl.”

He goes on to explain that he never hurt the girl. Todd mentions that a lot of his fantasies revolve around young girls that are more powerful than himself and that his breaking point came when he would have to excuse himself while babysitting to masturbate in the bathroom. He left town shortly after to “get his head straightened out.”

The video advertises an online forum for pedophiles alike called “Virtuous Pedophiles,” with the purpose of educating others on “moral pedophiles.” Under the “Who We Are” section of the forum, you find this statement:

Our website is intended to reduce the stigma attached to pedophilia by letting people know that a substantial number of pedophiles DO NOT molest children, and to provide peer support and information about available resources to help virtuous pedophiles remain law-abiding, and lead happy, productive lives. These are our stories. There are brief bios of the two founders of the site and collections of other personal stories.

The online forum also contains a list of Frequently Asked Questions including, “Why you should care about pedophiles,” to which they give this reply:

It could be your son.

According to the best available evidence, most pedophiles first become aware of their condition in their early teens. We start like everyone else. We first become attracted to kids who are our own age. As we grow older, however, the objects of our attraction do not. Gradually we become aware of our condition. Believing the popular wisdom that we are evil and will inevitably abuse children, many of us experience depression, self-loathing and sometimes become suicidal.

Todd Nickerson adds that pedophiles and society must find some sort of middle ground, otherwise people like him end up as fatalists. The video ends on a audacious note: “We love kids and we want to protect them too.”
Pedophiles need to be burned down.

But comparing them to anyone else is ridiculous.

But seeing the source...
Our father, who art in Hell
Unhallowed, be thy name
Cursed be thy sons and daughters
Of our nemesis who are to blame
Thy kingdom come, Nema
(05-22-2016, 09:12 PM)BigPapaKain Wrote: Pedophiles need to be burned down.

But comparing them to anyone else is ridiculous.

But seeing the source...

Let me guess, he compared pedos to trans people?
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
(05-22-2016, 09:23 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: Let me guess, he compared pedos to trans people?

Anyone he's claimed had a mental illness because apparently preying on the young and defenseless is the same as consenting sex between adults of the game gender or a crisis of identity.
Our father, who art in Hell
Unhallowed, be thy name
Cursed be thy sons and daughters
Of our nemesis who are to blame
Thy kingdom come, Nema
(05-22-2016, 10:06 PM)BigPapaKain Wrote: Anyone he's claimed had a mental illness because apparently preying on the young and defenseless is the same as consenting sex between adults of the game gender or a crisis of identity.

lol, yea, not regrading my use of the ignore list. Crap like this just brings down the boards.
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

(05-22-2016, 10:12 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: lol, yea, not regrading my use of the ignore list. Crap like this just brings down the boards.

You don't like baseless empty statements without substance?  If not, you're using that feature correctly. 
So pedophilia is, of course, something that occurs in the brain chemistry. Everything about who we are is a result of brain chemistry. Our sexuality, our gender identity, our food preferences, everything. It is a result of how certain chemicals fit into certain receptors and what triggers those things to occur in our brains. None of it is something we can help. The complexity of how this all happens is astounding and is something that I doubt we will ever fully understand. But, this is what all of this has in common. Being trans occurs as a result of this, just like being cis does. Being heterosexual, homosexual, a pedophile, whatever is all a result of this brain chemistry.

Now, all of that was to say that this seems like someone that recognizes his issue, that his brain chemistry occurs in such a way that is not just socially unacceptable, but illegal. He knows that there is a moral line there that is not to be crossed because children cannot consent. Because acting on that brain chemistry is sexual assault. As a result of this he has attempted to form a community of people like him, that have the same issues with their brain chemistry but don't have the lack of self-control, that have the knowledge and understanding that they cannot act on this. They are doing this because them being pedophiles is not something they can help, but they can help how they act on that. They are saying that maybe we shouldn't be lumping them in with the sexual predators that act on this. I see no issue with that.

I especially see no issue with it because these pedophiles are the ones that we would never know about otherwise. Because we stigmatize it in such a way they have always been afraid to come out and say "look, my brain is wired for this, but I know it's wrong and so I keep that inside." Because they haven't, we don't know who they are. And what happens when one of them does act on that urge? No one knew. They were babysitting your kid and you had no idea. If we are accepting of them in a way that they feel comfortable knowing they will not be ostracized we can still know who they are and with that knowledge we can better protect our children.

Does that make any sense? I kind of rambled a bit there. TL;DR: By making them feel more comfortable letting us know their proclivities we can better keep an eye on pedophiles we would have otherwise never known about.
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR
(05-23-2016, 11:03 AM)Belsnickel Wrote: So pedophilia is, of course, something that occurs in the brain chemistry. Everything about who we are is a result of brain chemistry. Our sexuality, our gender identity, our food preferences, everything. It is a result of how certain chemicals fit into certain receptors and what triggers those things to occur in our brains. None of it is something we can help. The complexity of how this all happens is astounding and is something that I doubt we will ever fully understand. But, this is what all of this has in common. Being trans occurs as a result of this, just like being cis does. Being heterosexual, homosexual, a pedophile, whatever is all a result of this brain chemistry.

Now, all of that was to say that this seems like someone that recognizes his issue, that his brain chemistry occurs in such a way that is not just socially unacceptable, but illegal. He knows that there is a moral line there that is not to be crossed because children cannot consent. Because acting on that brain chemistry is sexual assault. As a result of this he has attempted to form a community of people like him, that have the same issues with their brain chemistry but don't have the lack of self-control, that have the knowledge and understanding that they cannot act on this. They are doing this because them being pedophiles is not something they can help, but they can help how they act on that. They are saying that maybe we shouldn't be lumping them in with the sexual predators that act on this. I see no issue with that.

I especially see no issue with it because these pedophiles are the ones that we would never know about otherwise. Because we stigmatize it in such a way they have always been afraid to come out and say "look, my brain is wired for this, but I know it's wrong and so I keep that inside." Because they haven't, we don't know who they are. And what happens when one of them does act on that urge? No one knew. They were babysitting your kid and you had no idea. If we are accepting of them in a way that they feel comfortable knowing they will not be ostracized we can still know who they are and with that knowledge we can better protect our children.

Does that make any sense? I kind of rambled a bit there. TL;DR: By making them feel more comfortable letting us know their proclivities we can better keep an eye on pedophiles we would have otherwise never known about.

I'm sorry, but I disagree.
I understand what you are saying, but your scenario is strictly Utopian.
There is no way people calmly accept their admission and monitor peacefully.

II further disagree as I believe "making them comfortable" is the first step in the normalization of pedophilia and will lead down the SJW path of forced acceptance.
I also believe that were they to feel comfortable, they would be more likely to act out on it.
While I do think it ruthless, I believe the fear of immediate death (at the hands of the public) is necessary in this case to prevent the action.

In a perfect world, I'd be more inclined towards you plan.
(05-23-2016, 11:03 AM)Belsnickel Wrote:   TL;DR: By making them feel more comfortable letting us know their proclivities we can better keep an eye on pedophiles we would have otherwise never known about.

So, we should put a giant red 'P' on their clothing to help everyone identify them?

Mellow

Seriously though, I dunno. I realize someone can have a problem and never act on it. You might be living next to somebody worse than Jeffrey Dahmer in the head, but you're safe and sound because he never takes that step. But we can't know if he ever will.

That's not to say I think we should lock up every pedophile who admits they're attracted to kids. If we locked up everyone who thought about killing someone, every married man and woman would be a convict. But I do think we should make counseling and other tools available to help prevent them from harming anyone.
(05-23-2016, 11:39 AM)Benton Wrote: So, we should put a giant red 'P' on their clothing to help everyone identify them?

Mellow

Seriously though, I dunno. I realize someone can have a problem and never act on it. You might be living next to somebody worse than Jeffrey Dahmer in the head, but you're safe and sound because he never takes that step. But we can't know if he ever will.

That's not to say I think we should lock up every pedophile who admits they're attracted to kids. If we locked up everyone who thought about killing someone, every married man and woman would be a convict. But I do think we should make counseling and other tools available to help prevent them from harming anyone.

And I agree here. But many will never get that sort of help because they will be too afraid of being ostracized for doing nothing wrong if they come out about their pedophilia.
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR
(05-23-2016, 11:54 AM)Belsnickel Wrote: And I agree here. But many will never get that sort of help because they will be too afraid of being ostracized for doing nothing wrong if they come out about their pedophilia.

would it be considered pedophilia if they have the thoughts, but don't act on them? or would that just fall in line as a sexual fantasy
People suck
(05-23-2016, 12:06 PM)Griever Wrote: would it be considered pedophilia if they have the thoughts, but don't act on them? or would that just fall in line as a sexual fantasy

It's still pedophilia if they never act on it.

(05-23-2016, 11:54 AM)Belsnickel Wrote: And I agree here. But many will never get that sort of help because they will be too afraid of being ostracized for doing nothing wrong if they come out about their pedophilia.

That's just the thing....they will be ostracized, no matter what.
When they are ostracized, they may turn to the mindset that if they are being punished, they might as well go through with the crime.
Even as a parent, I believe it is in everyone's best interests for them to only "come out" to a therapist.
I couldn't even tell you how I would react, if I knew one were in my neighborhood.
Although I can more than guess it would be less than neighborly.
I will say though, I would be ok with some of my tax dollars going towards their treatment, providing they register into a national database.
(05-23-2016, 12:09 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: It's still pedophilia if they never act on it.

Correct. Pedophilia is just the romantic feelings or desire one has towards children. It's like heterophilia (romantic feelings towards a member of the opposite sex) in the sense that when I was a teenager, I had heterophilic feelings towards a few women, yet I was a virgin until I was 20.
[Image: giphy.gif]
(05-23-2016, 12:46 PM)PhilHos Wrote: I was a virgin until I was 20.

You, Dino, and Matt really make me feel like a manwhore.
LOL
(05-23-2016, 12:46 PM)PhilHos Wrote: Correct. Pedophilia is just the romantic feelings or desire one has towards children. It's like heterophilia (romantic feelings towards a member of the opposite sex) in the sense that when I was a teenager, I had heterophilic feelings towards a few women, yet I was a virgin until I was 20.

Yup, same here.

(05-23-2016, 12:59 PM)Rotobeast Wrote: You, Dino, and Matt really make me feel like a manwhore.
LOL

If the shoe fits. LOL

(05-23-2016, 12:59 PM)Rotobeast Wrote: You, Dino, and Matt really make me feel like a manwhore.
LOL

add me to the list to make you feel like more of one, lol
People suck
(05-23-2016, 01:00 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: Yup, same here.

If the shoe fits. LOL

(05-23-2016, 01:02 PM)Griever Wrote: add me to the list to make you feel like more of one, lol

Well...I guess I'll wear that bad mamma-jamma and stomp it down the runway.

*I'm too sexy for my (other) shoe, to sexy for my (other) shoe, so sexy it hurts*
(05-23-2016, 01:16 PM)Rotobeast Wrote: Well...I guess I'll wear that bad mamma-jamma and stomp it down the runway.

*I'm too sexy for my (other) shoe, to sexy for my (other) shoe, so sexy it hurts*

I always look at it as it takes all types. I think people with open relationships or those that handle things more casually or whatever, more power to them. As long as everyone is okay with the situation and understands how things are going down then it's all groovy. I also know it ain't for me. Well, with the exception of one woman where it was uncharacteristically unattached sex for me.