Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Salty Steelers.com Video: "Ravens D isn't even good"
https://www.steelers.com/video/a-tale-of-two-halves

The great quote comes from the 2:10 mark. Apparently the Steelers offense is like really good and too good to be playing so bad against a Ravens defense that is "honestly... really not that good".

I mean, 2nd in yards, 3rd in points, 1st in yards per play, 3rd in 1st downs per game, 2nd in 3rd down %. Only 3 FGs allowed in the 2nd half all year and only allowed 47 or so yards in the second half from the Steelers.

But honestly, they're just not good so it's confusing as to how the Steelers got rocked by them at home.
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
That must be Steelerese for "We had an off day", because there's no way that they could ever admit to losing to a better team.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
Well, to be fair the refs have always helped the steelers out often.

Now with these new rules they are enforcing, the dirty antics of the steelers will be their downfall.

Going to be interesting to see how the league somehow balances this out in their favor once again.

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
Can’t trust anyone with glasses that thick.

Reply/Quote
It was easy to see Squeeler fans didn't believe in their offense's ability to score on the Ravens D. Hell that stadium was empty with several minutes to go and them still in it !

I mean do they have curfews in the trailer parks around there on Sunday nights ?
Reply/Quote
(10-02-2018, 02:01 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: It was easy to see Squeeler fans didn't believe in their offense's ability to score on the Ravens D. Hell that stadium was empty with several minutes to go and them still in it !

I mean do they have curfews in the trailer parks around there on Sunday nights ?

While driving through Pittsburgh once after dark, I heard several loud popping and cracking sounds like I was driving over a highway fillied with acorns. Legend has it in Pittsburgh, neglected, decayed orphan teeth scour the streets and alleyways trying to find mouths to call home. Yet, only after dark.  Say What 

Reply/Quote
How'd you like to be held to 14 points by a bad defense? That must feel awful.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
(10-02-2018, 12:42 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: https://www.steelers.com/video/a-tale-of-two-halves

The great quote comes from the 2:10 mark. Apparently the Steelers offense is like really good and too good to be playing so bad against a Ravens defense that is "honestly... really not that good".

I mean, 2nd in yards, 3rd in points, 1st in yards per play, 3rd in 1st downs per game, 2nd in 3rd down %. Only 3 FGs allowed in the 2nd half all year and only allowed 47 or so yards in the second half from the Steelers.

But honestly, they're just not good so it's confusing as to how the Steelers got rocked by them at home.

LMAO.  That shithole is a dumpster fire right now.  Everyone in this league knows the Ravens can play D.  I really started to believe in Cincy's offense after the way the played the Ravens in the 1st half, and did enough in the 2nd to win.  Before that game, I had my doubts.

'grats on the win Pat.....loved it.  Thanks for donating to the boards too. :andy:

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(10-02-2018, 12:42 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: https://www.steelers.com/video/a-tale-of-two-halves

I don't know what they're talking about. The Ravens have always had a great defense. At least when they play the Steelers they have. Maybe sour grapes from the loss? Either way, it was a great game except for the ending. I hope the next meeting, Bell will be back and the score will be different.
Reply/Quote
(10-02-2018, 04:20 PM)Captain Obvious Wrote: I don't know what they're talking about. The Ravens have always had a great defense. At least when they play the Steelers they have. Maybe sour grapes from the loss? Either way, it was a great game except for the ending. I hope the next meeting, Bell will be back and the score will be different.
Hope Bell is back and the score is similar 

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote

Denial is generally accepted as the first stage of loss, followed by anger.
Reply/Quote
Karma. Mellow
#WhoDey
#RuleTheJungle
#TheyGottaPlayUs
#WeAreYourSuperBowl

Reply/Quote
Holy shit does Tunch look like an old grandpa. Maybe that's it, he's become senile. Even when the Ravens D is bad it's still pretty good and as an explayer, he should know that. Sad to see a respected broadcaster make those statements.

(10-02-2018, 01:32 PM)Go Cards Wrote: Well, to be fair the refs have always helped the steelers out often.

Now with these new rules they are enforcing, the dirty antics of the steelers will be their downfall.

Going to be interesting to see how the league somehow balances this out in their favor once again.

Even when the conversation has nothing to do with the refs, whiney Bengal fans still make it about them, proving my point that the Bengals fans are by far the whiniest bitches when it comes to complaining about the refs. All fan bases do it to a degree, but Bengals fans are the World Champs at it. 
Reply/Quote
(10-02-2018, 07:01 PM)Interceptor Wrote: Karma.  Mellow

I don't think you know what that word means. I guess Juju and AB hurt your feelings so badly last year that you're just going to throw that word out there any chance you get. 
Reply/Quote
(10-02-2018, 07:31 PM)StrictlyBiz Wrote: I don't think you know what that word means. I guess Juju and AB hurt your feelings so badly last year that you're just going to throw that word out there any chance you get. 

You mean the “that’s not me” TD dance? Pretty low class.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
(10-02-2018, 07:31 PM)StrictlyBiz Wrote: I don't think you know what that word means. I guess Juju and AB hurt your feelings so badly last year that you're just going to throw that word out there any chance you get. 

It hurts when you get yours.
#WhoDey
#RuleTheJungle
#TheyGottaPlayUs
#WeAreYourSuperBowl

Reply/Quote
(10-02-2018, 11:29 PM)Interceptor Wrote: It hurts when you get yours.

No you don’t know what it means.
Reply/Quote
The Ravens D wasn't that good, but they only allowed 19 yards of rushing? No, no, not just for the second half...the entire game. That's the fewest in a Steeler game since 1970.

And how many total yards did the Steelers get in the second half? Wasn't it like 47 yards?

If the Ravens D isn't that good, then the Steelers have a YUGE problem.
Reply/Quote
(10-03-2018, 03:45 PM)E.A. Poe Wrote: The Ravens D wasn't that good, but they only allowed 19 yards of rushing? No, no, not just for the second half...the entire game. That's the fewest in a Steeler game since 1970.

And how many total yards did the Steelers get in the second half? Wasn't it like 47 yards?

If the Ravens D isn't that good, then the Steelers have a YUGE problem.

They have a YUGE problem regardless of what the Ravens D is like. 
Reply/Quote
(10-03-2018, 07:49 PM)StrictlyBiz Wrote: They have a YUGE problem regardless of what the Ravens D is like. 

I tried to think of rebuttal smack for that, but I've got nothing to offer  Hilarious
Reply/Quote