Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sam Brownback cuts medicaid funding to Planned Parentood
(01-18-2016, 10:02 AM)BmorePat87 Wrote: I assumed Dino was referring to Africa since Lucie called all Africans "savages" too. Certainly a weird color to use over the traditional "black", but whatever. Most people reserve "brown" for Sub Indian continent as opposed to the Middle East.

When Lucie said Middle East, I felt compelled to point out that most people do not consider them white and it would be incorrect to suggest that they are the same race as the majority of Europeans that we call "white" as a way of defending your racist comments.

I know you exclusively apply the scientific definition of race to sociological concepts like racism, so you're going to disagree (but that's ok, because your ignorance is irrelevant when we discuss facts), but we don't just throw people into three racial categories of "white", "black", and "yellow" and call it a day. 

There it is.

Enlighten me. What race do you consider the majority of folks from the Middle-East?
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
(01-18-2016, 01:18 PM)bfine32 Wrote: There it is.

Enlighten me. What race do you consider the majority of folks from the Middle-East?

Why don't you drop this red herring and go back to the original issue.

Who cares if a KKK member hangs a Mexican for some reason other than his technical racial desigantion?  The unwarranted hatred is still pure evil.  Do you really think it is okay to hate all Muslims because they are not a "race".  Do you think it is okay to hate all Mexicans because they are not really a different race?

What is the point of this discussion?  Do you really feel justified in hating a group of people that look different from you just because they are technically not a different race?  Is that the argument you are making?

And what about the fact that Lucie uses "dark skinned" and "race" interchangeably?  Why didn't you attack him over that?  is it because you arec trying to justify his hatred?
(01-18-2016, 01:28 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Why don't you drop this red herring and go back to the original issue.

Who cares if a KKK member hangs a Mexican for some reason other than his technical racial desigantion?  The unwarranted hatred is still pure evil.  Do you really think it is okay to hate all Muslims because they are not a "race".  Do you think it is okay to hate all Mexicans because they are not really a different race?

What is the point of this discussion?  Do you really feel justified in hating a group of people that look different from you just because they are technically not a different race?  Is that the argument you are making?

And what about the fact that Lucie uses "dark skinned" and "race" interchangeably?  Why didn't you attack him over that?  is it because you arec trying to justify his hatred?

Not sure I "red herringed" the issue. Seems folks were labeling others racists before I chimed in. But I get it: I should have just joined the lynch mob instead of pointing out how we consider one poster a racist because he says the exact same thing others say using different words.

Now back in topic: Lucie is a racist!!

(01-18-2016, 01:35 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Not sure I "red herringed" the issue. Seems folks were labeling others racists before I chimed in. But I get it: I should have just joined the lynch mob instead of pointing out how we consider one poster a racist because he says the exact same thing others say using different words.

Now back in topic: Lucie is a racist!!

Thank you for getting the thread back on line.

If you want to lecture Lucie further on the difference between "dark skinned people" and "race" then do it through PM.
(01-18-2016, 12:37 PM)Rotobeast Wrote: I've been meaning to make this comment,  for quite a while.
Skull shape determines the race.
There are a ton of "white" people that would be shocked to learn they are NOT Caucasian, but Mongoloid.

That's news to me, I've never heard of any Mongoloid...Korean, Chinese , Tibetan, Eskimo, Jap that considers themselves white.
Mongoloids are yellow people
(01-17-2016, 02:07 AM)BmorePat87 Wrote: That's actually false. In fact, most people reject a scientific definition of race when referring to a social phenomenon like racism. 

I don't expect you to understand this, but it's ok. Just know that you're wrong and an established racist 

(01-18-2016, 01:38 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Thank you for getting the thread back on line.

If you want to lecture Lucie further on the difference between "dark skinned people" and "race" then do it through PM.

Word.

It is the mentality of the forum: "We can label people, just stay on topic and don't point out our hypocrisy for doing so".

(01-18-2016, 01:40 PM)Vlad Wrote: That's news to me, I've never heard of any Mongoloid...Korean, Chinese , Tibetan, Eskimo, Jap that considers themselves white.
Mongoloids are yellow people

I'm not sure that all were, but the majority of Native Americans were/are Mongoloid.
There are a lot of "whites" who have a Native American in their ancestry.  
I happen to be one and my skull shape is to the definition of Mongoloid.
However,  99% of people would immediately label me as Caucasian. 
(01-18-2016, 01:44 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Word.

It is the mentality of the forum: "We can label people, just stay on topic and don't point out our hypocrisy for doing so".

Sorry, but I do not see any hypocrisy.

I don't consider calling Middle eastern people "brown" to be racists because it does not imply any negative stereotype.  To me that is a lot different from calling them all savages.  Your blathering about the technical desination of a race misses the big point.  The problem is the negative sterotyping of an entire group of people based on their skin color.

Understand now?
(01-18-2016, 01:52 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Sorry, but I do not see any hypocrisy.

I don't consider calling Middle eastern people "brown" to be racists because it does not imply any negative stereotype.  To me that is a lot different from calling them all savages.  Your blathering about the technical desination of a race misses the big point.  The problem is the negative sterotyping of an entire group of people based on their skin color.

Understand now?

Sure I do, I called Lucie a racist in post 63. 

That was the topic of the OP, right? Discredit any input he has on the subject because he is an "established racist" because we say so. 

(01-18-2016, 02:02 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Sure I do, I called Lucie a racist in post 63. 

That was the topic of the OP, right? Discredit any input he has on the subject because he is an "established racist" because we say so. 

Lucie a racist ?

The fact that he is not here defending himself leads me to believe he is out celebrating MLK day.
Perhaps he is even partaking in a Memorial Freedom March ?
(01-14-2016, 12:14 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: Let's ignore the fact that he is suggesting that George Zimmerman was almost killed by a kid and that justifies him shooting the kid he stalked and attacked. 

He is basically saying "If you start a fight then you are more justified in defending your life than the person you attacked". 

Martin was attacked? Don't think so.
(01-14-2016, 11:31 AM)GMDino Wrote: So you have a relative morality.  

Some taking of human life is OK.

Morality is relative because it can't be absolute.

Yes, taking of human life is OK in many instances.
(01-18-2016, 01:18 PM)bfine32 Wrote: There it is.

I don't like using the word race to categorize people, but if we're lumping a diverse region like the Middle East together, then Arab is what population constitutes a majority. You also have Turks and Persians making up a large percent. 

Of course, no matter how specific you want to categorize them, none of this changes the fact that Lucie's comments were racist. It's racist for Germans to call all people from Ireland "savages". It's racist for Greeks to call all people from Iran "savages". It's racist for Chinese to call all people from India "savages". 

It's racist for white dude of any background to call all people from Africa or the Middle East "savages". 
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

(01-18-2016, 02:02 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Sure I do, I called Lucie a racist in post 63. 

I've been trying to follow this looney thread. Someone point out were Lucie clearly demonstrated he was racist.

I would assume the KKK (if they still exist) would have no issues with PP...continue doing the good work that you do they would say.
(01-18-2016, 01:18 PM)bfine32 Wrote: What race do you consider the majority of folks from the Middle-East?

Human?
(01-18-2016, 02:45 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: I don't like using the word race to categorize people, but if we're lumping a diverse region like the Middle East together, then Arab is what population constitutes a majority. You also have Turks and Persians making up a large percent. 

Of course, no matter how specific you want to categorize them, none of this changes the fact that Lucie's comments were racist. It's racist for Germans to call all people from Ireland "savages". It's racist for Greeks to call all people from Iran "savages". It's racist for Chinese to call all people from India "savages". 

It's racist for white dude of any background to call all people from Africa or the Middle East "savages". 

That's all true, plus the word "savage" is looked at as being synonymous with bloodthirsty warmongers, so bad choice of words by Lucie.

But by it's definition, savage can also simply mean primitive or backward. I certainly would look at a culture that practices female genital mutilation, sharia law,  marrying children, and the execution of gays  as being backward or primitive. Wouldn't you?

Lucie...use "primitive" or "backward" from now on.
(01-18-2016, 02:45 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: I don't like using the word race to categorize people, 

...but you have no problem with using the word racist to categorize people.

I have been in the Middle-East and a lot of their culture breeds savagery. 

My Soldiers have played a game with them. They take they "horses" that are malnourished and ride them (often times to death) while trying to score a goal with a goat's head.

They are also big into dog fighting; but not trained Pit Bulls like done in the U.S. They take any mongrel and fight it against another. Forcing them to fight to the death.

They also mutilate young girls that have the nerve to go to school; then they go to her house and punish the family.

Are all people from the Middle-East savages? No.

Is their culture one of savagery? Yes 

There have been days that I wish every  adult male in the region no longer existed. If that leads you to label me a racist or ignorant of race from your couch then so be it.  

(01-18-2016, 02:02 PM)bfine32 Wrote: That was the topic of the OP, right? Discredit any input he has on the subject because he is an "established racist" because we say so. 

No not at all.

It all started when Lucie called ME a racists because I support PP and some racist also support PP.  So I then pointed out to him that the same logic would make him a racists because the KKK agrees with some of the things that he supports.

I never really called him a racxists.  I just pointed out that the argument he was trying to use against me would alos make him a racist

This is when you jumped in and started blindly defending Luci einstead of reading the thread to see what was really going on.
(01-18-2016, 03:42 PM)bfine32 Wrote: There have been days that I wish every  adult male in the region no longer existed. If that leads you to label me a racist or ignorant of race from your couch then so be it.  

If you really believe that then, yes I will call you a racist.

And the "from your couch" argument is lame when i know people who were there just like you and they do not agree with your position at all.  You are always trying to claim that yout personal experience gives your opinion more weight, but it does not because not everyone who was there like you agrees with you.  Get over it.  
(01-18-2016, 03:56 PM)fredtoast Wrote: If you really believe that then, yes I will call you a racist.

And the "from your couch" argument is lame when i know people who were there just like you and they do not agree with your position at all.  You are always trying to claim that yout personal experience gives your opinion more weight, but it does not because not everyone who was there like you agrees with you.  Get over it.  

Let's just say I have a better idea of the mentality of those that have been exposed to such savagery than you.

I'll see if they have an opening on the staff at the mental health facility on post. Your "get over it" demand is probably all many of the mentally and physically scared will need.

And "from the couch" makes perfect sense. As it is impossible for you to have seen/ experienced what I and others have seen/experienced that may lead to my views on certain issues.

But what is it you say "Way to ignore the point". The point is the culture breeds savagery. Do you agree with that or not?