Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sam Hubbard #1 in league
Top DE/OLB edge player against the run

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/29939464/2020-nfl-pass-rushing-run-stopping-blocking-leaderboard-win-rate-rankings
Reply/Quote
Very nice. He can definitely serve as a solid piece in a productive defensive line.

What is worrisome though is that the Bengals are in the bottom five in just about every win rate category when it comes to both offensive and defensive line.

Everyone is talking wide receiver this draft, but man you have to plug the trenches and get better up front. Offensive and defensive lines need to be addressed first and foremost this offseason.
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
I see Whitworth is #1 in tackle pass block win rate

I miss him. He's still one of the elite LT's in the league

He SHOULD be a hall of famer. Im praying the Rams win a superbowl with him
Reply/Quote
How the hell GB got 3 of the top 10 Tackles, 2 of the top 10 Guards, 1 of the top 10 centers in pass blocking,

One of their Tackles that made to top 10 has been cut.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(02-19-2021, 05:57 PM)WeezyBengal Wrote: Very nice. He can definitely serve as a solid piece in a productive defensive line.

What is worrisome though is that the Bengals are in the bottom five in just about every win rate category when it comes to both offensive and defensive line.

Everyone is talking wide receiver this draft, but man you have to plug the trenches and get better up front. Offensive and defensive lines need to be addressed first and foremost this offseason.

And the one place we aren't last? The thing we barely do... run the ball.

It just really makes all this look worse. Can't pass block, so draft a QB that wants to be in shotgun with 5 wide and then throw every single down...

Genius!!!

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

Reply/Quote
(02-19-2021, 06:19 PM)Frank Booth Wrote: I see Whitworth is #1 in tackle pass block win rate

maybe.. Willie Anderson was just as dominate for much worse Bengal teams... but Whitworth high level of play and longevity does help him...  
Reply/Quote
(02-19-2021, 06:19 PM)Frank Booth Wrote: I see Whitworth is #1 in tackle pass block win rate

Whitworth is proving to be THE best offensive lineman of his generation. 
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
Hubbard has been a good player for us, but needs to find a way to play all 16 games this next season.

I was pretty excited when he nearly broke Watsons hand... I want more of that!
Reply/Quote
(02-19-2021, 06:50 PM)bfine32 Wrote: How the hell GB got 3 of the top 10 Tackles, 2 of the top 10 Guards, 1 of the top 10 centers in pass blocking,

Seems like their talent evaluators know what they're doing.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(02-20-2021, 11:32 AM)WeezyBengal Wrote: Whitworth is proving to be THE best offensive lineman of his generation. 

Joe Thomas calls BS.....
Drafted 2007
10X Pro Bowl
6X First Team All Pro
2X 2nd Team All Pro

Whit
Drafted 2006
4 X Pro Bowl
2 X First Team All Pro
1 X 2nd team All Pro

It ain't even close.... the only category Whit wins is longevity.
Reply/Quote
That’s awesome as I like Hubbard but he’s not an elite pass rusher. Good to see he is very good against the run.

Seeing Whit at #1 hurts - what a gigantic mistake that was to let him go. They thought he was old then but he’s still a high quality starter while I don’t even know if the 2 busts they drafted to replace him are still in the league.
Reply/Quote
Thats a nice thing for Sam Hubbards resume. Yet at the end
Of the day a DEs 1st priority is getting to the QB.and Hubbard
Simply doesnt have the tools to be a legit QB terror
Look at the free agent DEs.
Teams that are needing DEs in FA are asking first
"Can he get to the QB and create havoc?"
The game has changed. Its a passing league.
Hubbard is a nice rotational piece. Bring him on
Obvious running downs. But vs the pass he is a non
Factor.
Reply/Quote
(02-20-2021, 01:10 PM)Sled21 Wrote: Joe Thomas calls BS.....
Drafted 2007
10X Pro Bowl
6X First Team All Pro
2X 2nd Team All Pro

Whit
Drafted 2006
4 X Pro Bowl
2 X First Team All Pro
1 X 2nd team All Pro

It ain't even close.... the only category Whit wins is longevity.

Lmao

he references popularity contests

Every Bengal other than Munoz has been snubbed from league awards since the beginning of time
Reply/Quote
(02-19-2021, 05:57 PM)WeezyBengal Wrote: Very nice. He can definitely serve as a solid piece in a productive defensive line.

The reason there is WR talk is twofold:

A) Many do not anticipate that an OL worth the 5 p[ick will still be there (i.e. Sewell will be taken already). 

B) The WR room after Boyd and Higgins is problematic at best. We like 3 WR and 4 WR sets so at least one more legit WR talent is needed.

Obviously the OL needs to be retooled first and foremost. And if Sewell is indeed off the board we perhaps should look to trade back; add picks and go for the next OL on the board. 
Reply/Quote
Sam really upped his game against the run just like he said he was going to do.

Hope he can do the same and up his game with his pass rush this Offseason...

I am not writing him off like some are, still need to bring back Lawson and a couple other pass rushers though.
Reply/Quote
(02-20-2021, 11:44 AM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Seems like their talent evaluators know what they're doing.

and most important, their COACHES ClappingClapping
Reply/Quote
(02-19-2021, 06:50 PM)bfine32 Wrote: How the hell GB got 3 of the top 10 Tackles, 2 of the top 10 Guards, 1 of the top 10 centers in pass blocking,

Half there draft is usually spent on offensive line. They hit often because they draft the position often.
Reply/Quote

I feel they will be addressed through FA.

The cap minimum has gone up a little bit, but there will still be a ton of good talent that will hit FA as cap casualties, and there will not be a ton of teams able to give commensurate contracts.

We should be able to put together two nice lines without breaking the bank to do so, and that should leave us with the ability to draft BPA in all rounds.
Reply/Quote
(02-21-2021, 11:45 AM)Gdale_Bengal Wrote: Half there draft is usually spent on offensive line. They hit often because they draft the position often.

Smart move. You win games in the trenches, something I think our FO often forgets.

I know we draft O-line just not the right guys lately. I do think Adeniji could be good though and of course Jonah.

Back on topic, we need to also draft pass rushers on both the outside and the inside.

Need to try and replace Dunlap and Geno.
Reply/Quote
(02-21-2021, 11:54 AM)jfkbengals Wrote: I feel they will be addressed through FA.

The cap minimum has gone up a little bit, but there will still be a ton of good talent that will hit FA as cap casualties, and there will not be a ton of teams able to give commensurate contracts.

We should be able to put together two nice lines without breaking the bank to do so, and that should leave us with the ability to draft BPA in all rounds.

Hope you are right JFK, if we do solidify the trenches we will be right back in the Division, if not. We aren't goin anywhere.

We are in a tight spot in the AFC North, all the teams are tough.
Reply/Quote