Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sam Hubbard #1 in league
(02-20-2021, 01:10 PM)Sled21 Wrote: Joe Thomas calls BS.....
Drafted 2007
10X Pro Bowl
6X First Team All Pro
2X 2nd Team All Pro

Whit
Drafted 2006
4 X Pro Bowl
2 X First Team All Pro
1 X 2nd team All Pro

It ain't even close.... the only category Whit wins is longevity.
He also wins in playoff appearances and playoff wins by a wide margin.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
(02-23-2021, 01:32 PM)J24 Wrote: He also wins in playoff appearances and playoff wins by a wide margin.

Well those are team stats, not individual. 
Reply/Quote
(02-23-2021, 02:23 PM)Sled21 Wrote: Well those are team stats, not individual. 

Still Whit didn't get near as much credit here for how good he actually was.

For some reason Joe Thomas got all the credit in Ohio. I know he was great, but Whit was damn good himself and was snubbed 
many times by the Pro Bowl. Whit goes to LA and all of a sudden everyone acknowledges his good play. Funny how this always 
happens to our best players, they never get the credit they are due.
Reply/Quote
(02-23-2021, 07:27 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Still Whit didn't get near as much credit here for how good he actually was.

For some reason Joe Thomas got all the credit in Ohio. I know he was great, but Whit was damn good himself and was snubbed 
many times by the Pro Bowl. Whit goes to LA and all of a sudden everyone acknowledges his good play. Funny how this always 
happens to our best players, they never get the credit they are due.

exactly. If whit started his career in LA, his accomplishment lists look just as good, if not, better than Joe Thomas'. 

Where the hell was this praise when he was in his actual prime in 2011?
Reply/Quote
(02-23-2021, 07:39 PM)Frank Booth Wrote: exactly. If whit started his career in LA, his accomplishment lists look just as good, if not, better than Joe Thomas'. 

Where the hell was this praise when he was in his actual prime in 2011?

Justin Smith's career numbers

Cin...7 yr...111 games...470 tkls...315 solo...43.5 sacks...21 PD...55 TFL...0 Pro Bowls
SF....7 yr...110 games...414 tkls...300 solo...43.5 sacks.... 9 PD...64 TFL...5 Pro Bowls and 1 All-Pro
Reply/Quote
(02-23-2021, 07:59 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Justin Smith's career numbers

Cin...7 yr...111 games...470 tkls...315 solo...43.5 sacks...21 PD...55 TFL...0 Pro Bowls
SF....7 yr...110 games...414 tkls...300 solo...43.5 sacks.... 9 PD...64 TFL...5 Pro Bowls and 1 All-Pro

Was thinking the same thing. 

I even gave Justin crap at times for tackling RB's from behind all the time but he was a damn good player for us and only got 
credit when he went to the 49ers.
Reply/Quote
(02-19-2021, 05:57 PM)WeezyBengal Wrote: Very nice. He can definitely serve as a solid piece in a productive defensive line.

What is worrisome though is that the Bengals are in the bottom five in just about every win rate category when it comes to both offensive and defensive line.

Everyone is talking wide receiver this draft, but man you have to plug the trenches and get better up front. Offensive and defensive lines need to be addressed first and foremost this offseason.

Exactly!!!! The people talking about wide receive grind my gears to say the least. Our franchise Qb is half dead on his ass cuz we didn’t protect him last year and there are a lot in here who still want a WR or Tight end with the first pick. It disgust me and it’s so frustrating. How many years in a row are we gonna have to watch our Qb get killed our run game blow and our run defense suck as well as our pass rush. It’s still a big mans game and everybody wants jane still instead of Tarzan. It’s utterly ridiculous. Take Sewell at 5 if he’s not there trade back and collect more picks and take one of the top tackles with ur first pick u traded back too. Protect Burrow for goodness sake and also we don’t have dalton anymore guys.... we don’t need to have an embarrassment of riches at WR for the QB to succeed. Burrow the type of guy who is gonna ball with anyone. He as of now has a top 10 running back two stud wr’s one of which is arguably the best slot in the game and the other was probably of offensive rookie of the year candidate. Y’all need to chill on the weapons thing and gets some protection for our guy. Think people.
Reply/Quote