Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sam Hubbard acknowledgement thread
Let's talk about the best edge run defender in the league!
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
[Image: 57196077.jpg]
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
Dirty work Sammy
Reply/Quote
Nice seeing him get some sacks too to finally to shut up his doubters.

Very good player for us that opens things up for others.

Great run stopper, best in the league at his position as J24 says.
Reply/Quote
I wear his jersey with pride, every game ('cause I don't have a new one yet lol).

He was superb yesterday, in all facets; he just had the one play where Lamar cut back to the inside and Hubbard couldn't seal it in time, but he probably should've had some LB/secondary help.

Otherwise, was a menace all day.
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
He showed up big time vs a North rival.
He was constantly being disruptive.
Great to.see him put the leagues most
Elusive QB on the ground
Reply/Quote
(10-25-2021, 05:38 PM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: I wear his jersey with pride, every game ('cause I don't have a new one yet lol).

He was superb yesterday, in all facets; he just had the one play where Lamar cut back to the inside and Hubbard couldn't seal it in time, but he probably should've had some LB/secondary help.

The play against the Lions where Wilson got the TFL on Swift's catch shows what type of teammate Hubbard is and the unselfishness that this defense is showing.
Swift comes out of the back field then Hubbard jams him which slows down Swift's route and then Hubbard chases Goff (while keeping is hands up and never jumping)  disrupting Goff's vision down field. Which forces  Goff to check it down to Swift and then Wilson makes a nice open-field Tackle for loss.
Hubbard won't get credit for the play but he did 90% of the work on the play.
J24

Reply/Quote
Hopefully he is the catalyst that starts a pipeline of local high school players becoming impactful pros for their home town teams.

I give Huber some credit. But a punter punts the ball so boo?

Jack the Jiant is already stamping his name in there.
Reply/Quote
(10-25-2021, 06:11 PM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: Hopefully he is the catalyst that starts a pipeline of local high school players becoming impactful pros for their home town teams.

I give Huber some credit. But a punter punts the ball so boo?

Jack the Jiant is already stamping his name in there.

Speaking of Huber, is he related to the Huber DE on the Bearcats right now?
Reply/Quote
3.5 of his 4 sacks this year were against the Steelers and Ravens.
Reply/Quote
Eh, the dude is mediocre because he can't get a ton of sacks..... Ninja Ninja Ninja Hilarious Hilarious Hilarious
He's one of my favorite players. Tiger
Reply/Quote
(10-25-2021, 04:50 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: [Image: 57196077.jpg]

Should ALWAYS get rep...
Reply/Quote
(10-25-2021, 05:38 PM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: I wear his jersey with pride, every game ('cause I don't have a new one yet lol).

Any Bengal that is a menace to pitt and Baltimore I forever love....
Reply/Quote
Sam never deserved the heat he received on here at all.

Just like Peko, Justin Smith, Sanu along with many others were victims of the same foolish criticism in this forum.

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(10-25-2021, 09:12 PM)Go Cards Wrote: Sam never deserved the heat he received on here at all.

Just like Peko, Justin Smith, Sanu along with many others were victims of the same foolish criticism in this forum.

Man, the Justin Smith days on this board were so frustrating. Dude was a beast. People would complain and say he was only tackling people 7 yards down the field. Yeah....like dude was getting 70 to 80 tackles as a defensive lineman. Then goes to San Fran, makes 5 straight Pro Bowls, one 1st team all pro, and was finally loved. He lived up to his hype. Problem is, people think that 1st round defensive lineman should get 20 sacks a year and have Madden numbers. Lol. 
I used to be jmccracky. Or Cracky for short.
Reply/Quote
(10-25-2021, 11:17 PM)jmccracky Wrote: Man, the Justin Smith days on this board were so frustrating. Dude was a beast. People would complain and say he was only tackling people 7 yards down the field. Yeah....like dude was getting 70 to 80 tackles as a defensive lineman. Then goes to San Fran, makes 5 straight Pro Bowls, one 1st team all pro, and was finally loved. He lived up to his hype. Problem is, people think that 1st round defensive lineman should get 20 sacks a year and have Madden numbers. Lol. 

I know it was absurd 

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(10-25-2021, 09:12 PM)Go Cards Wrote: Sam never deserved the heat he received on here at all.

I won't feel bad for him, and the Jets actually have some good offensive linemen, but that backup could be in for a long day.  Not sure if Flaccid would be ready by then but he isn't running away from anyone, either.  

Yeah, I am surprised people aren't turning on Bates or someone like Boyd because they aren't lighting it up statistically.  They still play huge roles on the team and a part of why they are 5-2.  
Reply/Quote
(10-26-2021, 02:14 PM)SHRacerX Wrote: I won't feel bad for him, and the Jets actually have some good offensive linemen, but that backup could be in for a long day.  Not sure if Flaccid would be ready by then but he isn't running away from anyone, either.  

Yeah, I am surprised people aren't turning on Bates or someone like Boyd because they aren't lighting it up statistically.  They still play huge roles on the team and a part of why they are 5-2.  

I've seen a couple places that say Covid Protocols could keep him out of the game vs the Bengals. I don't think he will be able to practice until he passes 2 tests.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(10-26-2021, 02:14 PM)SHRacerX Wrote: I won't feel bad for him, and the Jets actually have some good offensive linemen, but that backup could be in for a long day.  Not sure if Flaccid would be ready by then but he isn't running away from anyone, either.  

There was a thread on the Bengals Reddit about Bates but other than that I haven't seen much hate on either guy. To me it's only a matter of time till they get theirs anyway.
J24

Reply/Quote
(10-26-2021, 02:17 PM)Synric Wrote: I've seen a couple places that say Covid Protocols could keep him out of the game vs the Bengals. I don't think he will be able to practice until he passes 2 tests.

I wonder if those apply since he was with another team and following protocols already. I assume they do.
Reply/Quote