Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Sam Hubbard appreciation thread
I love this kid. He brings it EVERY play. Smart player, no extra crap, just coming hard from snap to whistle. Anytime I saw a Seahawks player get to the edge, there would be 94 chasing full speed after him. I think he's soon to be a team leader and the heart and soul of this defense.
Reply/Quote
IMO our best draft pick from last year and he will only get better.
Reply/Quote
him, Jessie Bates, Lawson, & WJ3 are the future of the defense.
Former Contributor for StripeHype

CEO/Founder of CUE Sports Media

Reply/Quote
(09-08-2019, 10:01 PM)mallorian69 Wrote: IMO our best draft pick from last year and he will only get better.

Hard to put a price tag on a player who leads by example. Looked like he was inspiring guys to run all over the place. Let's see if he keeps bringing the heat like he did today
Reply/Quote
^Agreed
Reply/Quote
(09-08-2019, 09:45 PM)Brimey Wrote: I love this kid. He brings it EVERY play. Smart player, no extra crap, just coming hard from snap to whistle. Anytime I saw a Seahawks player get to the edge, there would be 94 chasing full speed after him. I think he's soon to be a team leader and the heart and soul of this defense.

We're set for the next 3 years at DE, with Dunlap and Hubbard.

Dare I say, the best starting DE duo in the league?

Its arguable and they both put up great numbers today, while having awesome games; Dunlap caught Wilson AND Carson from behind, multiple times.

Hubbard kinda did too, but where he made up with his less speed is staying at home on runs and playing the angles beautifully.

4 sacks today, X 16 = 64 on the year.

Doubt that'll continue each game, but if it was even 3 X 15 the rest of the way, that's 49 sacks and you can sure bet there will be a ton more disruptions.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
(09-08-2019, 10:05 PM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: We're set for the next 3 years at DE, with Dunlap and Hubbard.

Dare I say, the best starting DE duo in the league?

Its arguable and they both put up great numbers today, while having awesome games; Dunlap caught Wilson AND Carson from behind, multiple times.

Hubbard kinda did too, but where he made up with his less speed is staying at home on runs and playing the angles beautifully.

4 sacks today, X 16 = 64 on the year.

Doubt that'll continue each game, but if it was even 3 X 15 the rest of the way, that's 49 sacks and you can sure bet there will be a ton more disruptions.

Against QB's who don't move like Wilson, might even be more.  I also like the job they did of not letting Wilson run all over them.  They kept him in the pocket very well.  Seattle drove the ball down the field, scored on a heave to a physical freak and a busted coverage.  Other than that, they got nothing.  
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(09-08-2019, 09:45 PM)Brimey Wrote: I love this kid. He brings it EVERY play. Smart player, no extra crap, just coming hard from snap to whistle. Anytime I saw a Seahawks player get to the edge, there would be 94 chasing full speed after him. I think he's soon to be a team leader and the heart and soul of this defense.

When was the last time one of our linemen led the team in tackles? Hubbard did today.
Today I'm TEAM SEWELL. Tomorrow TEAM PITTS. Maybe TEAM CHASE. I can't decide, and glad I don't have to.
Reply/Quote
(09-09-2019, 02:34 AM)Shady Wrote: When was the last time one of our linemen led the team in tackles? Hubbard did today.

6 tackles 4 assists 2 sacks

He was a stud today.

Reply/Quote
The Dline were on fire this game. Great to see. This defense might actually be alright. We'll see.
Reply/Quote
One of the better starts for a Bengals defensive player in a long time. Appreciate ya Sam but will hold off anything more until I see some consistency

Reply/Quote

Chased down Russell Wilson protecting the edge at least twice (and got a decent lick on him....totally legal, but I was waiting for the flags).

He plays with all effort, all the time.  Had a decent rookie season and did he rest?  Nope, this guy busted his ass in the offseason to get even stronger and quicker.  

I absolutely love this guy.  If I didn't think it would jinx him, I would buy his color rush jersey today.  

Oh, and did anyone else notice how Sam lighting it up seemed to get more out of the rest of the guys on the line?  

One last slobber on Sam:  He should have been credited with 3 sacks.  The one where he got Wilson by the ankles and Wilson flung it away shows on replay that Wilson's knee hit the ground before he spun and threw the ball away.  If any other player in the league had 3 sacks on week one against Russell Wilson, the talking heads around the league would be drooling more than I am.
Reply/Quote
He looked like our best defender yesterday imo. That says a lot because a lot of our defensive guys played good. If he keeps this up, he will be a favorite of the pundits. He is such a good dude, hes the kind of guy you want to see succeed.
Reply/Quote
A lot of players that had potential are going to really shine under this new coaching staff. Switching Hubbard and Dunlap positions around, genius!
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

Reply/Quote
All Saints grade school, Moeller High School, OSU and the Bengals. First person in history to hit the michaelsean quadfecta.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
(09-09-2019, 05:25 AM)treee Wrote: The Dline were on fire this game. Great to see. This defense might actually be alright. We'll see.

#4 Defense thus far. Take away the blown coverage bomb and they're #1 

Hubbard and Co. put the smackdown on Seattle ! If they play even close to this down the road, oh boy  :andy:
Reply/Quote
Hubbard has a high motor too. Always hustling.

People jokingly said he's our JJ Watt last year, but there are definitely some similarities. Not that I want to put pressure on him to be that great, but they have similar styles.
Reply/Quote
Man oh man... Hubbard is just flat getting it. Carlos has dropped weight and seems faster as well. If Hubbard, Los and Lawson get into a sac competition, and then throw in Geno...… good grief, this defense is going to be fun to watch. AND DID YOU SEE THE LOOK OF FEAR ON WILSON'S FACE WHEN BILLINGS ALMOST HAD HIM?????
Reply/Quote
(09-09-2019, 12:29 AM)McC Wrote: Against QB's who don't move like Wilson, might even be more.  I also like the job they did of not letting Wilson run all over them.  They kept him in the pocket very well.  Seattle drove the ball down the field, scored on a heave to a physical freak and a busted coverage.  Other than that, they got nothing.  

Bingo, they had a great game plan and executed it stopping Wilson's bootlegs and other strengths.

Defense played great, mistake by Bates (he has bad game for a great defense yesterday) on biting on play fake, but awesome effort by the defense. Poor tackling turned a FG to a TD as they had Carson stopped and he broke tackles and rambled into the endzone.They held them to 233 yards and that was with Metcalf making circus catches.
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(09-08-2019, 10:03 PM)milksheikh Wrote: him, Jessie Bates, Lawson, & WJ3 are the future of the defense.

Who drafted all these guys..... Cool  Tobin might not be a dumb as some try to make him.
Reply/Quote