Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sam Hubbard needs Surgery
In a blurb hidden in the Hobson story there is a comment from Sam that he needs off-season surgery due to an undisclosed injury. I'm assuming it may be the ankle hurt during the Buffalo game

https://www.bengals.com/news/-seek-to-win-finale-by-any-means-necessary-trey-hendrickson-bi

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
I was going to speculate his arm. I always have this feeling that he's playing the game with one arm.

I imagine many players go under the knife this time of year. It's a brutal game. I hope he heals up!
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Have been saying it for the past couple of months, that he looked slower and hobbled a bit.

There's a reason why his production has fallen off a cliff for the past half dozen games Sad
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-03-2024, 10:18 AM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: Have been saying it for the past couple of months, that he looked slower and hobbled a bit.

There's a reason why his production has fallen off a cliff for the past half dozen games Sad

Yes, this explains a lot. Can't question the man's will. He has just been very mediocre lately. Now we know why.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
Yeah, thought Sam must of been injured. He didn't play up to his standard this season at all.
Reply/Quote
(01-03-2024, 10:44 AM)Wyche Wrote: Yes, this explains a lot. Can't question the man's will. He has just been very mediocre lately. Now we know why.

Tough, yes, but much like when Atkins was playing one-armed rather than getting surgery you have to wonder if he actually helped the team by being out there ineffectively.

7 game before getting hurt: 4.0 sacks, 37 tackles, 4 TFL, 12 QB Hits
7 games after getting hurt: 1.0 sacks, 20 tackles, 2 TFL, 4 QB Hits

I feel like Myles Murphy had to at least do that much if he got to be the starter for 7 games, right? Up there with Burrow toughing it out and playing the first two weeks really didn't help the team.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(01-03-2024, 09:32 AM)pally Wrote: In a blurb hidden in the Hobson story there is a comment from Sam that he needs off-season surgery due to an undisclosed injury. I'm assuming it may be the ankle hurt during the Buffalo game

https://www.bengals.com/news/-seek-to-win-finale-by-any-means-necessary-trey-hendrickson-bi

Bro i knew his ass was hurt. No way he was this invisible healthy
-Housh
Reply/Quote
(01-03-2024, 02:31 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Yeah, thought Sam must of been injured. He didn't play up to his standard this season at all.

He did, but just in the first half of the year.

IIRC, he had 4 sacks in 6 or 7 games, would've been on pace for his first 10+ sack year.

He fell off a cliff, seemingly.
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-03-2024, 09:32 AM)pally Wrote: In a blurb hidden in the Hobson story there is a comment from Sam that he needs off-season surgery due to an undisclosed injury.  I'm assuming it may be the ankle hurt during the Buffalo game

[Image: texas-chainsaw-massacre-animated.gif?res...C333&ssl=1]
[Image: 4540978331_3e8fe35323.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(01-03-2024, 10:18 AM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: Have been saying it for the past couple of months, that he looked slower and hobbled a bit.

I think Logan Wilson is dealing with the same kind of thing. He was on the injury report awhile back and he looks super slow lately like he hasnt fully recovered. 
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
(01-03-2024, 02:49 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Tough, yes, but much like when Atkins was playing one-armed rather than getting surgery you have to wonder if he actually helped the team by being out there ineffectively.

7 game before getting hurt: 4.0 sacks, 37 tackles, 4 TFL, 12 QB Hits
7 games after getting hurt: 1.0 sacks, 20 tackles, 2 TFL, 4 QB Hits

I feel like Myles Murphy had to at least do that much if he got to be the starter for 7 games, right? Up there with Burrow toughing it out and playing the first two weeks really didn't help the team.

You've certainly got a point there. Those numbers don't lie. 

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
Just not the Bengals year.... injuries killed them.
[Image: 1500x500]
Reply/Quote
(01-03-2024, 06:40 PM)QueenCity Wrote: Just not the Bengals year.... injuries killed them.

This narrative needs to die. Everyone in the NFL had injuries this year. The Bengals have among least amount of people on IR this season. Only 5 teams have less people on IR than the Bengals.

Not a single one of our original starting OL has missed a single start. Our original starting DL has only missed a total of 4 starts. Our original starting LBs haven't missed a single start. Our original 5 starting DBs have missed a total of 5 games. Our starting RB hasn't missed a single game. Our K, P, and LS have all been healthy. Even our starting 3 WRs have only missed a total of 5 games.

Everyone has injuries, and this year is being called the "year of the backup QB". Other teams hurt worse than us did better. The Bengals were just bad this year.

Reply/Quote
(01-03-2024, 07:02 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: This narrative needs to die. Everyone in the NFL had injuries this year. The Bengals have among least amount of people on IR this season. Only 5 teams have less people on IR than the Bengals.

Not a single one of our original starting OL has missed a single start. Our original starting DL has only missed a total of 4 starts. Our original starting LBs haven't missed a single start. Our original 5 starting DBs have missed a total of 5 games. Our starting RB hasn't missed a single game. Our K, P, and LS have all been healthy. Even our starting 3 WRs have only missed a total of 5 games.

Everyone has injuries, and this year is being called the "year of the backup QB". Other teams hurt worse than us did better. The Bengals were just bad this year.

Sometimes it's not the quantity of folks you lose; it's the quality 
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(01-03-2024, 09:31 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Sometimes it's not the quantity of folks you lose; it's the quality 

Browns 
Starting QB played 6 games (they were 5-1 with him)
2nd Team All-Pro RB played 2 games
1st Team All-Pro RT played 1 game
Starting LT played 8 games.

They still have the 9th scoring offense, are going to the playoffs, and are resting their starters against us in Week 18. Not even starting their other players hurt.

- - - - -

Their QB had a 3 week concussion.
The Texans have lost their starting RT, starting C, their starting LG, and two of the guys who came in to fill in for them.
Their second best WR.
Their starting nickle CB.
Their starting SS and all three of their Week 1 backup safeties.

Still have the 14th scoring offense and 13th scoring defense with a rookie QB, rookie HC, and rookie OC... and they're in a Week 18 game to win their division against another team who had only 4 games played by their starting QB and their 1st Team All-Pro RB has barely played either with a rookie HC.

- - - - - - -

I'm just saying that seemingly every single year we've ever had a bad season, people blame injuries even if it's not based in reality. We pay a whole lot more attention to our players, so we're much more aware of them. Other teams have bad things happen to them too. If you let the narrative build, you're going to find threads all through the offseason about how we weren't bad, we don't need to change anything, we just had bad luck and need to get healthy.

Reply/Quote
(01-03-2024, 07:02 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: This narrative needs to die. Everyone in the NFL had injuries this year. The Bengals have among least amount of people on IR this season. Only 5 teams have less people on IR than the Bengals.

Bengals have always relyed on their stars... it bit them in the a** this year.  Our "depth" and our revamped defense didn't pan out.

Cleveland and Ravens have historic defenses I would be curious where they ranked all time...  I saw you mentioned the Colts in another post - I mean their division is piss poor the Bengals ran through them with Browning. 

End of day it's all about matchups and I think the personal that the Bengals had this year we needed our stars to be healthy to win AFC North games.  They never had that for any of the games.  Think about it if Bengals win vs. Cleveland it's the first time since the 1950's all 4 teams had a winning record... just a crappy year to be injury ridden.
[Image: 1500x500]
Reply/Quote
In a way, a team might be better off putting injured players onto IR rather than letting them play injured. The star might be the better player but not when they can't go full speed

Reply/Quote
I certainly don’t want Hubbard and Wilson (or anyone) to be injured but I hope that’s what has been slowing them down. They have both been invisible and look like they they are getting blocked out of every play. This would explain the drop-off in their performance.

Did they also say that Pratt is hurt? Just asking…
Reply/Quote

OUR QB1 wasn't completely recovered form his injury until week 8. Tee missed some time our CB 1 and WR2 missed significant time. Burrows injury is a part of it. The other part of the problem was poor S play making our LB and CB hold up in coverage longer, We have given way too many big plays and 3rd down conversions due too poor safety play
Reply/Quote
(01-04-2024, 11:52 AM)Bengalfan4life27c Wrote: OUR QB1 wasn't completely recovered form his injury until week 8. Tee missed some time our CB 1 and WR2 missed significant time. Burrows injury is a part of it. The other part of the problem was poor S play making our LB and CB hold up in coverage longer, We have given way too many big plays and 3rd down conversions due too poor safety play

Awuzie wasn't at full strength until November either which impacted that DB play as well

Reply/Quote