Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sam Hubbard part of foundation for next era
Despite missing a game Hubbard still had more tackles (72) than any DE in the league last year. A lot of his other key stats also rank in the top 20 among DEs.

Sacks.....10th
TFL........16th
QB hits...22nd

This is just his third season. Hopefully he is still developing and will take another step up in production like he did from his rookie season to his second.

He had 8.5 sacks last year and could easily grow to be a consistent double digit sack DE.
Reply/Quote
I agree on Hubbard being a cornerstone player for the next era of Bengals football. Thus far, he is the headliner of the 2018 Bengals draft class, with Bates and Darius Phillips also developing into solid to good players. Hopefully Auden Tate continues to contribute and Andrew Brown can get things going.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
He’s a keeper. Love Sam’s game.

Reply/Quote
Should be a stalwart player for years.
Reply/Quote
I can see our D being much improved this season and Hubbard may well lead the way.
Reply/Quote
Great player. I remember him at OSU. Started him RS freshman year and did pretty well. All as a 3 star recruit coming out of high school since I believe his first love was lacrosse
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS2LMwnxebk2zwcBWk4W7X...I8vWk4x3_g]
Reply/Quote
Agreed Hubbard is a skilled 3 down end with a great motor who seems to always be around the football. I can see Hubbard being a very good DE who consistently hovers around 10 sacks a year. Hubbard dosen't get much attention from people who cover the league usually they just mention Atkins, Dunlap, Lawson and Reader now that he is the highest paid NT.
Reply/Quote
I was super happy with his rookie year and last year he progressed very well; I'm super excited for him to progress even more and I too think he'll be an 8-11.5 sacks a year guy, with his solid run D and good coverage for a DE too.

As I mentioned numerous times, MJ and Dunlap established the line and led the team. MJ moved on and Dunlap has helped Hubbard transition; Hubbard is in year 3 and he will now be the next stalwart on the line. Once Dunlap leaves/retires, then Hubbard will usher in a new guy and it'll continue the chain.

That kind of continuity is too important and the characters of the guys in those positions is perfect as well; can't be anything bus positive!
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
A good football player and a good guy. What's not to like?

And we probably haven't seen the best of him yet.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
Hard not to like Hubbard, Sam's a player !

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
Hubbard might be my favorite player on the team right now.

Great versatile Defender with smarts.
Reply/Quote
Can I like this 1,000 times because I couldn't agree more.

He's a high character, high motor guy who will become the TEAM leader, esp on defense.

Look forward to him playing stripes for the next 10 years!
"We have been sentenced to life in the prison that is a Bengals fan and we are going to serve out our time"
Reply/Quote
(04-12-2020, 05:11 PM)corpjet Wrote: Can I like this 1,000 times because I couldn't agree more.

He's a high character, high motor guy who will become the TEAM leader, esp on defense.

Look forward to him playing stripes for the next 10 years!

Sure hope so, he is just scratching the surface IMO.

Buddies with Burrow too, think he will stick around.
Reply/Quote
I agree and believe that Hubbard is the type of player that Zac and staff are trying to fill the roster with. For all of the things that Zac gave us to be concerned about last year, I think I like the direction he is taking with the roster.
Reply/Quote
(04-10-2020, 02:20 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Despite missing a game Hubbard still had more tackles (72) than any DE in the league last year.  A lot of his other key stats also rank in the top 20 among DEs.

Sacks.....10th
TFL........16th
QB hits...22nd

This is just his third season.  Hopefully he is still developing and will take another step up in production like he did from his rookie season to his second.

He had 8.5 sacks last year and could easily grow to be a consistent double digit sack DE.

And some folks thought we were being OSU homers...
Reply/Quote
(04-10-2020, 09:53 PM)lone bengal Wrote: Agreed Hubbard is a skilled 3 down end with a great motor who seems to always be around the football. I can see Hubbard being a very good DE  who consistently hovers around 10 sacks a year. Hubbard  dosen't get much attention from people who cover the league usually they just mention Atkins, Dunlap, Lawson and Reader now that he is the highest paid NT.

I believe the addition of Reader and the emergence of Tupou is going to result in another uptick in Hubbard's performance.   Love his smarts and fire.
Reply/Quote
[quote pid='855260' dateline='1586891810']
I agree and believe that Hubbard is the type of player that Zac and staff are trying to fill the roster with. For all of the things that Zac gave us to be concerned about last year, I think I like the direction he is taking with the roster.
[/quote]

Hard not to honestly. Best Offseason I have ever seen and with last Offseason Zac not getting much time at all to build his team
and the injuries occurring to Jonah, AJ, Glenn, Ross etc. It is a bit hard to judge until this Free Agency and the players Zac and co
let go. Hubbard just stands out to me on the field and with Dunlap on the same field and Lawson at times that is impressive.

Versatile as can be too Hubbard.

Edit: Don't know why the quote looks like that, I was quoting 'E'.
Reply/Quote