Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sam Hubbard
Having Hubbard back will be big ,outside of Lawson no one can get to the QB. I feel like XSF is kinda over rated. He’e 33 years old and sees like a slightly below average guard at best. I’m more interested in seeing Spain start and hoping Micheal Jordan pans out.
Reply/Quote
(11-11-2020, 12:18 PM)Synric Wrote: Sam Hubbard is very athletic and is solid in coverage and space. What you are talking about is twitch and no he is not a twitched up player. 

Look at Carl Lawson he is not as athletic as Hubbard. Lawson is very stiff in the hips and ankles he doesnt play well in coverage or falling off into space but he does explode of the line of scrimmage.

Completely agree, don't understand what GCD is talking about with Hubbard, dude is about as good in space as any player in the
NFL. He can cover like a Safety, hell he played Safety in High School. Lawson is a great edge rusher who can lower his shoulder 
crazy low and get around Tackles, but he ain't no Hubbard athletically. 
Reply/Quote
(11-11-2020, 03:43 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Completely agree, don't understand what GCD is talking about with Hubbard, dude is about as good in space as any player in the
NFL. He can cover like a Safety, hell he played Safety in High School. Lawson is a great edge rusher who can lower his shoulder 
crazy low and get around Tackles, but he ain't no Hubbard athletically. And even Dupree isn't more athletic than Hubbard.

I wouldn't go that far Bud Dupree is a freak even by NFL standards. Even TJ Watt is on record saying he is more gifted than himself. 
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(11-11-2020, 12:18 PM)Synric Wrote: Sam Hubbard is very athletic and is solid in coverage and space. What you are talking about is twitch and no he is not a twitched up player. 

Look at Carl Lawson he is not as athletic as Hubbard. Lawson is very stiff in the hips and ankles he doesnt play well in coverage or falling off into space but he does explode of the line of scrimmage.

I disagree with your assessment of Hubbard's and Lawson's athleticism, but the point is moot because all I said was that he'd be better as a 4-3 DE. I'm not saying he's a total stiff, I'm saying our gradual shift to more of a 3-4 might not suit him perfectly. Are you saying he's better in a 3-4 than a 4-3? Because if you're not saying that you're not countering my point. 
Reply/Quote
(11-11-2020, 03:55 PM)Synric Wrote: I wouldn't go that far Bud Dupree is a freak even by NFL standards. Even TJ Watt is on record saying he is more gifted than himself. 

Alright, maybe I went a bit too far lol
Reply/Quote
(11-10-2020, 11:41 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: We suck with this one too. Now what?

Switch to the 46 defense?
Reply/Quote
(11-10-2020, 06:52 PM)Whatever Wrote: Bud Dupree is 269 pounds and plays the edge in a 3-4.

Bud Dupree is a freak of nature and is not prototypical.  Von Miller at 250 lbs is the ideal.
Reply/Quote
Let's remember that we play a weird hybrid, not a 3-4 or a 4-3.
Reply/Quote