Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sam Shields?
Was a Pro-Bowler CB before he had a Concussion in Week 1 that had him out for the whole year.

Was recently released by Packers and he says that he still plans on playing football, had 4 concussions in whole career and 2 in a 9 month span.

Would be a nice veteran presence and someone that would be low risk and high reward.
Former Contributor for StripeHype

CEO/Founder of CUE Sports Media

Reply/Quote
Supposedly the Packers thought he should retire from the concussions...

And your definition of low risk is the opposite of mine.

Why not sign a healthy player who isn't 1 tackle away from retirement?
Reply/Quote
I always liked Shields but those concussions are definately a concern.

Would rather have Gilmore if we go CB in FA or Prince Akumura.
Reply/Quote
(02-12-2017, 04:40 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: I always liked Shields but those concussions are definately a concern.

Would rather have Gilmore if we go CB in FA or Prince Akumura.

I would too but a 1 year prove-it deal can't hurt at all.

Reply/Quote
(02-12-2017, 08:01 PM)milksheikh Wrote: I would too but a 1 year prove-it deal can't hurt at all.

So you think he's going to sign a small contract to prove to a team that he can stay healthy?

I think he'd rather retire.

Sign healthy players.
Reply/Quote
(02-12-2017, 08:22 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: So you think he's going to sign a small contract to prove to a team that he can stay healthy?

I think he'd rather retire.

Sign healthy players.

(02-13-2017, 01:11 AM)SunsetBengal Wrote: While I'm good with signing Gilmore to save a draft pick in the secondary, what exactly makes you think that the Bengals have the slightest motivation to not only cut Adam Jones, and not re-sign Dre Kirkpatrick? I mean, I could see one or the other scenario playing out, but not both. As of now, those are the two starting CBs.

Honestly, if I was him I wouldn't blame teams to do that whatsoever.

I doubt anyone would sign him for more than a one year deal with the concussion thing.

Reply/Quote
I kinda like Micah Hyde off that team, versatile safety who can play corner, return kicks, probably a lot cheaper with no concussion issues.
Reply/Quote
(02-12-2017, 08:01 PM)milksheikh Wrote: I would too but a 1 year prove-it deal can't hurt at all.

That is true.

(02-16-2017, 01:42 AM)Bengalsrob Wrote: I kinda like Micah Hyde off that team, versatile safety who can play corner, return kicks, probably a lot cheaper with no concussion issues.

Well if Hyde is a FA i am definately down with this. Hyde really impressed me late this last season and in the Playoffs.

Do it all player.
Reply/Quote