Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sam Wyche has passed away
RIP Sam.

Huge heart, brilliant mind. My favorite head coach of all time... anywhere.

God bless you Sir.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
RIP, Sam Wyche.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
The world lost a great man, RIP Sam. Sad
Reply/Quote
Sam was my favorite Head Coach. I remember when the Bengals used to hold camp in Wilmington and at one camp I was up there leaning on a fence and Sam was right across from me on the other side of the fence as the team were doing various drills. Sam leans over to me and says," Pretty sorry lookin' bunch aren't they?" I said, 'Yea, what are you going to to about it?" He said, We'll fix 'em up, we'll get 'em right!" We looked at each other and busted out laughing. He was the best. R.I.P. Sam!
Reply/Quote
My favorite Bengals coach by far. RIP Sam.
Reply/Quote
Well dang. Loved all the trick plays he ran. When he left us he ran the "faked timeout" I think. Great football mind.

Reply/Quote
Sam was many things, but never boring, that's for sure. You can call him a character, but he was our character. An innovative football mind, and in his last years, a passionate advocate for organ donation. He will be missed for many reasons.
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
(01-02-2020, 06:55 PM)BrownAssClown Wrote: Sam was my favorite Head Coach. I remember when the Bengals used to hold camp in Wilmington and at one camp I was up there leaning on a fence and Sam was right across from me on the other side of the fence as the team were doing various drills. Sam leans over to me and says," Pretty sorry lookin' bunch aren't they?" I said, 'Yea, what are you going to to about it?" He said, We'll fix 'em up, we'll get 'em right!" We looked at each other and busted out laughing.  He was the best. R.I.P. Sam!

Dude what a great story.   I remember going to TC in Wilmington.    Loved it.  It was old school - just had the flavor of old time professional football.   And Sam was so entertaining, so full of energy and personality.   He had the biggest heart and sense of humor.

I will miss him forever.
Reply/Quote
Strangely my favorite is still the onside kick against the Oilers - he knew Jerry Glanville was bogus and got proven right over time.
Reply/Quote
Loved that onside kick. Back when there were real rivalries in the NFL. Coaches today wouldn’t do that or say what Sam said to the crowd for fear of costing themselves a job down the line. I loved the way he was outspoken and not PC.

RIP coach Wyche
Reply/Quote
R.I.P Coach Wyche, sad sad day
Reply/Quote
Thanks for everything, Coach.

Rest In Peace, kind sir.
Only users lose drugs.
:-)-~~~
Reply/Quote
R.I.P Sam.....

Thank you for many great football memories!
Reply/Quote
This makes me very sad. I hope his tombstone is emblazoned with those wise words "you don't live in Cleveland".
Reply/Quote
Needs to be a Sam Wyche Memorial Ring of Honor in the stadium.
Reply/Quote
Sam Wyche is like the Tom Baker of the Bengals.

The best one of them all.

Saw the game live on TV and it was freaking awesome...

Thank you for great memories!
Reply/Quote
Just saw the news a few minutes ago, and must say that it is heartbreaking...

RIP Sam
Reply/Quote
Sad day, RIP Sam. A lot of my best Bengal memories are when he was at the helm. You'll always be remembered.
Reply/Quote
Please pull some strings from the other side Coach.

Reply/Quote
RIP. My favorite coach.
Go Benton Panthers!!
Reply/Quote