Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sam getting a new heart.....
(09-14-2016, 12:42 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Good point. Someone had to die fairly young for Wyche to get the organ. Prayers to that family as well.

Yeah, my sister was an organ donor and died at age 27.  Although her life being taken early was and is horrible, I'm glad she got to help people in the process.  Her heart went to a 6 year old girl, and I'm sure she would have it no other way.
LFG  

[Image: oyb7yuz66nd81.jpg]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(09-13-2016, 08:02 PM)Wyche Wrote: It came down to crunch time....but they found a donor heart for Sam Wyche.

http://m.fox19.com/fox19/db/330522/content/HuHigp4Y

[Image: dhMeAzK.gif]
Reply/Quote
Any word on the transplant surgery success?
Confucius say, he who go to bed with itchy butt wake up with smelly finger.
Reply/Quote
(09-14-2016, 02:50 PM)WestCoastBengalsFan Wrote: Any word on the transplant surgery success?

So far, so good.  The surgery was a success, now comes the recovery process, and hopefully, no rejection issues.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(09-14-2016, 03:41 PM)Wyche Wrote: So far, so good.  The surgery was a success, now comes the recovery process, and hopefully, no rejection issues.

That's great news! My dad donated a kidney to his brother about 15 years ago and that was the same thing we worried about was the rejection issues. Luckily that didn't happen.
Reply/Quote
Anymore updates on Sam? Hope he is doing well! I loved this guy as the Bengals Coach!
Reply/Quote
(09-22-2016, 03:30 PM)BengalD Wrote: Anymore updates on Sam? Hope he is doing well! I loved this guy as the Bengals Coach!

Sounds like he's stopping off for some ice cream ?

http://www.sportingnews.com/nfl/news/sam-wyche-released-from-hospital-days-after-heart-transplant/1bhu52nhgayon1wr6drbpaev43

Who Dey !!!!!!!
Reply/Quote
(09-23-2016, 12:33 AM)PacMan Fever Wrote: Sounds like he's stopping off for some ice cream ?

http://www.sportingnews.com/nfl/news/sam-wyche-released-from-hospital-days-after-heart-transplant/1bhu52nhgayon1wr6drbpaev43

Who Dey !!!!!!!

That makes me feel good after the recent realization we are going to get destroyed in NE.  Before i thought we were just going to get beat.

..and now i want ice cream

Reply/Quote
Awesome! Best of luck to Coach W and I hope he has a full and speedy recovery. Sam is still my all time favorite Bengals coach. I liked Forrest as well, both were characters in their in their own unique ways while coaching Cincy.
Reply/Quote
(09-23-2016, 12:47 AM)Atomic Orange Wrote: That makes me feel good after the recent realization we are going to get destroyed in NE.  Before i thought we were just going to get beat.

..and now i want ice cream

Meh, when we get Burfict and Eifert back plus a little bit of experience under Zampeses belt (being a OC) I think we still have a good chance of beating the Patriots. I think the biggest thing the past few weeks have shown (at least me) is that Belichick makes Brady look better than he actually is (this doesn't mean that I don't think Brady is a REALLY good QB, he's just not one of the best of all time). I heard that the Patriots w/o Brady (since he's been a starter) are  14-5 with backup QBs (could be 15 since they just won).

I think people are just down and out because we are 1-1 right now. You have to realize that the Steelers always play us tough, and that they're a good team. We almost tied it up even with the refs screwing us on multiple holding calls, no TD call, ect ect. We do have a problem with our OL, but the defense has looked pretty good considering we played against 2 of the better offenses. We will look even better when Burfict comes back, since he's HUGE against the run. The passing game has look pretty good honestly. If it wasn't raining the team probably wouldn't have dropped those 9 balls, and we would have been moving down the field a LOT better.

I honestly think we beat the Broncos (something like 24-13) and everyone will be pumped again.
Reply/Quote
(09-23-2016, 12:33 AM)PacMan Fever Wrote: Sounds like he's stopping off for some ice cream ?

Who Dey !!!!!!!

Great news.....can't keep a good man down.  Thanks for the update.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
Great news!!! Now I want some ice cream...
Reply/Quote
(09-23-2016, 03:16 AM)Brownshoe Wrote: Meh, when we get Burfict and Eifert back plus a little bit of experience under Zampeses belt (being a OC) I think we still have a good chance of beating the Patriots. I think the biggest thing the past few weeks have shown (at least me) is that Belichick makes Brady look better than he actually is (this doesn't mean that I don't think Brady is a REALLY good QB, he's just not one of the best of all time). I heard that the Patriots w/o Brady (since he's been a starter) are  14-5 with backup QBs (could be 15 since they just won).

I think people are just down and out because we are 1-1 right now. You have to realize that the Steelers always play us tough, and that they're a good team. We almost tied it up even with the refs screwing us on multiple holding calls, no TD call, ect ect. We do have a problem with our OL, but the defense has looked pretty good considering we played against 2 of the better offenses. We will look even better when Burfict comes back, since he's HUGE against the run. The passing game has look pretty good honestly. If it wasn't raining the team probably wouldn't have dropped those 9 balls, and we would have been moving down the field a LOT better.

I honestly think we beat the Broncos (something like 24-13) and everyone will be pumped again.

I will go one step further and say I don't need to wait until the beat the Broncos.  They are going to beat the Broncos soundly, roll the fins, punish Dallas, and then go in to New England and beat them as well.  
Reply/Quote
And I hit ENTER before I added that the news of Sam's successful surgery has made my day. I know he still has a fairly long battle with immunosupressive agents, etc., but this is such great news.

God bless the donor, and God bless Sam.
Reply/Quote
(09-23-2016, 08:32 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: I will go one step further and say I don't need to wait until the beat the Broncos.  They are going to beat the Broncos soundly, roll the fins, punish Dallas, and then go in to New England and beat them as well.  

I'm starting to think that we will beat Denver decently easily, honestly. I think that our defense will be able to limit the Broncos offense time on the field, and I think that we will be able to wear the Broncos defense out on offense. I think we take a run heavy approach to this game at the start to wear out their defense and then start throwing the ball more in the 2nd or 3rd quarter. I'm not scared at their passing attack at all. Siemian has only 2 passes 20+ yards (the fewest in the NFL). The Broncos have two really good WRs, but we don't have to be afraid of deep passes, so we have to take away their run game and their offense should be dead in the water.

I know our run game hasn't been that great, but Denvers defense is going to be missing Ware, and they lost Danny Trevathan (one of their better run stoppers) in the off-season. I think that we will be able to get our run game going a little better this week than the last few. I think it's just taking some time for our OL to gel with each other. I don't think that it will be completely fixed this game, but I think we will see a step in the right direction again like we did against the Steelers. I think we are going to show the Broncos what AFC north football is all about, and I don't think they're ready.
Reply/Quote

Who Dey !!!!!!!

Wow - thanks for the update.  That's great news.  Amazing - wasn't too long ago that a heart transplant put you in the hospital for months!
Reply/Quote
There is also an article about him at the mother ship.

I won't link to it on principle. I have some principles, though I did visit the ms today and did read the article. Article noted Sam wants to become an advocate for organ donation. Typical Sam. He is a great guy.
JOHN ROBERTS: From time to time in the years to come, I hope you will be treated unfairly so that you will come to know the value of justice... I wish you bad luck, again, from time to time so that you will be conscious of the role of chance in life and understand that your success is not completely deserved and that the failure of others is not completely deserved either.
Reply/Quote