Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Samaje Perine returns
He spent most of last season on a mix of the Bengals active roster and practice squad before being claimed by Miami before the season finale

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
Camp bodies?
Today I'm TEAM SEWELL. Tomorrow TEAM PITTS. Maybe TEAM CHASE. I can't decide, and glad I don't have to.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
i liked him in college for sure

[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
(04-28-2020, 06:40 PM)BURROWorBUST Wrote: Camp bodies?

They're low on camp bodies this year aren't they? I'd imagine a few more will be added, with less chance of sticking than Perine.
Reply/Quote
(04-28-2020, 08:16 PM)TJHoushmandzadeh Wrote: They're low on camp bodies this year aren't they? I'd imagine a few more will be added, with less chance of sticking than Perine.

They have 5 open spots right now.

They didn't want to lose him last year...he may have a better shot than you think

Reply/Quote
Let's see you hold out now Joe Mixon.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
A scouting report from the 2017 draft:

"Perine is a physical runner who can create additional yardage through power and can be a complimentary "banger" for a team who already has a slasher. Perine doesn't have the burst or play speed to be a dynamic lead back, but he can handle a heavy workload if needed and he should become an immediate short-yardage and goal-line option.

...427 yards and five touchdowns, breaking Melvin Gordan's NCAA single game rushing record against Kansas."

http://www.nfl.com/draft/2011/profiles/samaje-perine?id=2558138
Reply/Quote
Like Perine and Austin Calitro is a good football player too
Reply/Quote
(04-28-2020, 08:16 PM)TJHoushmandzadeh Wrote: They're low on camp bodies this year aren't they? I'd imagine a few more will be added, with less chance of sticking than Perine.

Perine's pretty decent. The UDFA from Arkansas for sure not sticking. 
Today I'm TEAM SEWELL. Tomorrow TEAM PITTS. Maybe TEAM CHASE. I can't decide, and glad I don't have to.
Reply/Quote
Desperately need a backup for Mixon. We have nothing at RB behind him.
Reply/Quote
(04-28-2020, 11:00 PM)Mobster Wrote: Desperately need a backup for Mixon. We have nothing at RB behind him.

Again, not true. Why are you so dismissive of Anderson and Williams? We also ofc have Gio, who is solid, and is probably going to be a favorite of Burrow due to his blocking when we’re sending out all these WR’s.

Reply/Quote

People said that when the team claimed Hart on waiver from the Giants. Of course, Mixon is stiffer competition than Ogbuehi was.

Reply/Quote

I believe it was Jay Morrison who reported that when he talked to coaches people about last season, Perine's name came up as the toughest cut they had to make all season. I know Mixon is always thrilled to have him around.
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
My money is on Patrick beating him out for the short yardage back roll.
Reply/Quote
(04-28-2020, 11:00 PM)Mobster Wrote: Desperately need a backup for Mixon. We have nothing at RB behind him.

We have several good RBs. Not sure that many will agree with your assessment? Williams and Gio have wiggle. While Perrine and Patrick are both thumpers. Anderson is the closest thing to Mixon, when he's healthy. 

On a side note Tra Carson was just released.
Reply/Quote
(04-29-2020, 12:50 AM)BengalChris Wrote: People said that when the team claimed Hart on waiver from the Giants. Of course, Mixon is stiffer competition than Ogbuehi was.

Those people were doing some wishful thinking when it came to Hart, based on what we heard about him from Giants fans. 

I retract the inclusion of Perine as a camp boy. I remember liking his signing last year.
Reply/Quote
(04-29-2020, 02:33 AM)coachmcneil71 Wrote: We have several good RBs. Not sure that many will agree with your assessment? Williams and Gio have wiggle. While Perrine and Patrick are both thumpers. Anderson is the closest thing to Mixon, when he's healthy. 

On a side note Tra Carson was just released.

Is Tra still healthy? I'd gladly welcome him back. 
Reply/Quote
Nice. Definitely could use the depth at RB and LB if there is a training camp. I like the use of the waiver priority already. Hopefully we keep it up, if we find a gem or two off the scrap heap that would really help our situation.
Reply/Quote
(04-29-2020, 02:45 AM)BURROWorBUST Wrote: Is Tra still healthy? I'd gladly welcome him back. 

He’s never healthy. He’s been on IR 4 times in a 4 year career.

Reply/Quote
(04-28-2020, 08:19 PM)jason Wrote: Let's see you hold out now Joe Mixon.

Mixon never said he would hold out, and even if he did Perine is not even in the same class as Mixon.
Reply/Quote