Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Samaje Perine
(11-28-2022, 01:21 PM)WVUHomer Wrote: Like Bijan in rd 1?

I honestly haven't even begun to look at the players in the 2023 draft yet, other than a brief check to see who the top QBs were when I was making fun of the Steelers and Kenny Pickett and a thread I saw about a TE who will go way too early to ever be in play for the Bengals.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(11-28-2022, 01:45 PM)higgy100 Wrote: Unbelievable, like 90% of the same clowns on here that love him now.

Ive been wrong on players also  but it was pretty strong on him end of season and i just did not know why, he was a solid role player for us.  
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(11-28-2022, 01:43 PM)QueenCity Wrote: Mixon doesn't bust enough long runs for a "finesse" back.... give me a bruiser all day with this QB and WR crew

Agreed, I'll take an RB that will step up and bust the defense right in the mouth any day.  
Reply/Quote
(11-28-2022, 12:18 PM)BIGDADDYFROMCINCINNATI Wrote: I think Samaje Perine should be our #1 RB b/c he punishes defenders who try and tackle him.  We as a team play a much more physical brand of football with Perine running the rock, and it showed vs. the Titans.  He wore them down by the time we got into the 4th quarter.  Burrow said after the game, "Today, we just played a more physical brand of football than the Titans."  Credit that to none other than Samaje Perine.

I understand Mixon had a record setting day against the Panthers, but I still think Perine's physicality is the direction we need to go. IMO, Mixon is more of a finesse RB and loves to dance around in the hole instead of taking someone's head off. I vote to make Samaje our man and move Mixon to the 3rd down back.  Also, Williams needs an opportunity to get more touches, b/c he also showed he can be a punishing RB.  We are much deeper at this position than I originally thought.

What are your thoughts?

Tiger

I agree that Samaje should get the majority of snaps, but disagree on Mixon being finesse and being the 3rd down back. He 
runs very physical, almost as physical as Perine. Also, your 3rd down back has to be able to pick up the blitz and that is what
Mixon has struggled with this year. I saw Trayveon out there on 3rd downs and he wasn't a liability which is great.

In the end just mix up the rotation and go Running Back By Commitee and give the most snaps to the RB who is having the 
best day is all I ask.
Reply/Quote
I also think having Perine back there due to his pass protection ability makes the offense less predictable. I couldn't tell you what the play was on Sunday for a change.
[Image: 1500x500]
Reply/Quote
(11-28-2022, 06:04 PM)QueenCity Wrote: I also think having Perine back there due to his pass protection ability makes the offense less predictable.   I couldn't tell you what the play was on Sunday for a change.

I think this is the biggest reason Samaje should get the most snaps. Nice post, he makes us less predictable. More likely 
we are running the ball when Mixon is back there no question.
Reply/Quote
Really wish we kept Gio but I’ve been very impressed with Perine the past couple weeks. Would have loved to get McCaffrey but that’s just a dream.
Reply/Quote