Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Same. Old. Browns.
Yep, they still suck. LOL

I guess the big comeback for the tie in week one, was the best they had to offer this year.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
Perhaps Mayfield going in will give them a lift ? Their offense was totally dysfunctional with Taylor !

It's hard for me to root for the Browns but I find myself hoping they pull this one out after Crowell wiped hiss @zz with ball and threw it into stands.
Reply/Quote
(09-20-2018, 10:57 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: Perhaps Mayfield going in will give them a lift ? Their offense was totally dysfunctional with Taylor !

It's hard for me to root for the Browns but I find myself hoping they pull this one out after Crowell wiped hiss @zz with ball and threw it into stands.

Night and day difference between taylor and baker.  The offense immediately got a boost once he went in.  And now many people across the cleveland area get to drink free shitty bud light
Reply/Quote
Imagine if they had a kicker the first 2 games? They should be 3-0 right now.... crap
Reply/Quote
(09-21-2018, 12:26 AM)Browns Town Bengal Wrote: Night and day difference between taylor and baker.  The offense immediately got a boost once he went in.  And now many people across the cleveland area get to drink free shitty bud light

That is crazy.  I went to be at halftime, so I missed all the excitement.  

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
Mayfield probably just saved Hue's job.

It's one thing to sit a QB behind Alex Smith, Brett Favre or hell even Kitna, but Mayfield had tons more upside all along.
Reply/Quote
Never understood why Taylor started anyway. I get the experience factor but damn, your already in the pit of the NFL. Start your damn rookie who you know is the better guy anyway.

Reply/Quote
(09-21-2018, 07:45 AM)HarleyDog Wrote: Never understood why Taylor started anyway. I get the experience factor but damn, your already in the pit of the NFL. Start your damn rookie who you know is the better guy anyway.

Think of the history of ruined quarterbacks from Cleveland:  Couch, McCown, Frye, Quinn, McCoy, Weeden, Johnny 8-Ball (I don't think he started the year but did start a few games I think), Kessler, Kizer.  

It does look like they finally struck gold.  I had my doubts about Mayfield but dude was legit and the way he carried himself post-game was also impressive.
Reply/Quote
(09-21-2018, 09:13 AM)BFritz21 Wrote: Think of the history of ruined quarterbacks from Cleveland:  Couch, McCown, Frye, Quinn, McCoy, Weeden, Johnny 8-Ball (I don't think he started the year but did start a few games I think), Kessler, Kizer.  

It does look like they finally struck gold.  I had my doubts about Mayfield but dude was legit and the way he carried himself post-game was also impressive.

One half of good football isn't quite enough to say he's "golden", but definitely a good prospect.  I'll be curious to see how he responds, once teams have a few weeks of film on him.

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(09-21-2018, 07:45 AM)HarleyDog Wrote: Never understood why Taylor started anyway. I get the experience factor but damn, your already in the pit of the NFL. Start your damn rookie who you know is the better guy anyway.

Hue trying to save face proving he didn't make another bad pickup at QB in Taylor to add to the very long list. And perhaps give Mayfield more time to adjust ?
Reply/Quote
(09-21-2018, 09:30 AM)SunsetBengal Wrote: One half of good football isn't quite enough to say he's "golden", but definitely a good prospect.  I'll be curious to see how he responds, once teams have a few weeks of film on him.

It looked to me like the Jets stopped being aggressive when Mayfield came in.
Reply/Quote
(09-21-2018, 11:57 AM)sandwedge Wrote: It looked to me like the Jets stopped being aggressive when Mayfield came in.

Weather Mayfield does anything spectacular or not, the team will still play with a jolt of adrenalin while he's out there.  From what little I watched Taylor the last two games, he just looked tired, beat up, and defeated.

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
No, it's not the same old Browns.

One of the less obvious tests for the Bengals is that it's going to be very difficult to sweep the Browns this year. There are so many good football fans up there in the opposite corner of the state and it's nice that they'll have something to cheer about.
Reply/Quote
Yep two different teams and pretty sure he will start from here out obviously.

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
Eff the brown stains.
Reply/Quote
(09-21-2018, 06:04 PM)Vlad Wrote: Eff the brown stains.

That's no way to talk about your betters.
Reply/Quote
(09-21-2018, 02:33 PM)WiregrassBenGal Wrote: One of the less obvious tests for the Bengals is that it's going to be very difficult to sweep the Browns this year. There are so many good football fans up there in the opposite corner of the state and it's nice that they'll have something to cheer about.

My first reaction to that was to tell you to shut the eff up and just do it...but then you're only a fan.

The bengals are the only team in the division capable of sweeping the stains.
Reply/Quote
The whole Tyrod Taylor experiment is proof that all the stupid hasn't been washed away.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(09-21-2018, 06:04 PM)Vlad Wrote: Eff the brown stains.

You'll be back to cheering the Browns on, again, in no time at all.

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote