Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Same Old, Same Old
A lot of talk about the officiating, and there were definitely some bad calls, but the Bengals also had plenty of their own issues which played a big part in yet another second half meltdown against the Steelers, which these guys touched on after the game...

George Iloka:
"It has the feel of when we lost the playoff game. That playoff loss was more like we imploded, this wasn’t like that. The playoff game was like a sudden ... we imploded out of nowhere. This one was like slowly, slowly, and before you knew, we were playing for the game. It’s frustrating, because we put our hearts into this, and you could tell we wanted this game bad. There were people writing us off going into the game, but you could tell by how we came out, we really wanted this game. It’s frustrating to not get the end result we want, year after year."

Chris Smith:
“Some of those I disagree with — I think everybody does, but, we have to not make those (plays).They hurt us down the stretch. Every game — not just this game, but every game — we have to learn not to beat ourselves. We kept our heads in the first half, but in the second half, we can’t beat ourselves on the small stuff.

Clint Boling:
"We have to be more disciplined. We have to be tighter with our techniques, and those things hurt. It’s one of those things where we really have to eliminate those things."

Same story, same issues, same outcome.
Reply/Quote
Boling sounds like Lewis, did he do any clapping?
Reply/Quote
Which all comes down to coaching, yeah, same old, same old is right.
Reply/Quote
You could tell Iloka put his heart into the game.   I just wish he'd not left his brain at home.

I really like what Smith said.

I agree with whoever said Boling sounded like Marvin.  Tighter technique did not seem to be the problem. 

It was at the end of the game and everyone just lost their minds:  not focusing on important catches, missing stunts, not pushing a player out of bounds when a gentle shove does the trick.  Worst case scenario?  A penalty.  Sure beats a TD.  Hanging your head after every play instead of gritting your teeth and getting the job done.  The game was over 10 minutes before time ran out.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
In the two 4th quarters against the Steelers this year, the Bengals totaled zero first downs and negative yardage.  Mellow
Reply/Quote
Finding a way to lose...

eh...if only this were golf where the low score won.
Reply/Quote
I hated the script the firs time around. Who could have known there'd be so many sequels?
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote