Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Are the Bengals really committed to Cincinnati?
(03-17-2020, 05:21 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: Overpaying is never good.. leaves you short elsewhere.

I'm okay with overpaying when the franchise is already short everywhere.  Spend your way out of the problem Mikey!
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(03-17-2020, 05:58 PM)TecmoBengals Wrote: I'm okay with overpaying when the franchise is already short everywhere.  Spend your way out of the problem Mikey!

I liked them overpaying for Reader!
Reply/Quote
Did someone just watch major league?
Reply/Quote
(03-17-2020, 05:21 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: Overpaying is never good.. leaves you short elsewhere.

Raptors won the championship last year and still have a real good team this year.
Reply/Quote
(03-17-2020, 04:25 PM)Crazyjdawg Wrote: The only things the Bengals are committed to are making as much money as they can with as little effort as possible and depressing their fans.

Hilarious

Update?
Reply/Quote
(03-18-2020, 11:09 AM)fredtoast Wrote: Hilarious

Update?

I'm happy for the signings.

Hopefully they result in an end to the suffering of this fan base.
Reply/Quote
(03-18-2020, 11:08 AM)fredtoast Wrote: Raptors won the championship last year and still have a real good team this year.

Huh?

The only, "overpaying," we did, was trading away a decent bench guy (Delon Wright), a now-scrub (CJ Miles) and a good C (Valanciunas) for Gasol. That's it.

We:

- Absolutely fleeced the Spurs on the Leonard/Green trade
- Absolutely fleeced the Magic in getting Ibaka
- Had EVERY other piece on the roster, be a draft pick/homegrown talent, via the G-League, outside of Lowry (who was already here for 7 years)

We didn't overpay for anyone and the proof of that can be seen in how well we're doing this year, without, "Leonard the Saviour."
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
(03-17-2020, 02:47 PM)IcoHolic Wrote: It's probably like other sports, if you're not a perceived winning culture, you're going to have to significantly overpay to get people into your building.

Being in Toronto and a huge basketball fan too, I've seen what overpaying looks like, and it's not pretty. 

You also got John Tavares at a cheaper price than others were offering. 
Marner resigned at a good price. 
Not bad for a team that has not won a Stanley cup since humans walked on the moon.
Reply/Quote
It's a crazy world we live in. Raptors talk has merged with Bengals talk.
Reply/Quote