Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Same crap different year
Still a lot of FA's on the market and its not even officially the opening day. Glasgow was the main one we were expected to target. Still plenty of LB's, CB's, DT's and a few quality OL we could land. I get it, for sure, but I think its too soon to say same old Bengals.
Reply/Quote
(03-16-2020, 10:46 PM)Gamma Ray Tan Wrote: Are you saying that none of the OL guys that signed with other teams today are better than what the Bengals have? I hope not.

I’m saying people go into hysterics on the first day crowning paper champs. I fell for the Browns hype myself last year.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
(03-16-2020, 10:48 PM)bengaloo Wrote: Still a lot of FA's on the market and its not even officially the opening day. Glasgow was the main one we were expected to target. Still plenty of LB's, CB's, DT's and a few quality OL we could land. I get it, for sure, but I think its too soon to say same old Bengals.

Get this sensible and rational stuff out of here!

Reply/Quote
(03-16-2020, 10:48 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: I’m saying people go into hysterics on the first day crowning paper champs. I fell for the Browns hype myself last year.

They managed to beat the Steelers, so we should be somewhat impressed. 

At any rate, MB and company are going to have 5 years to wow Burrow before he can make an actual decision. 
Reply/Quote
Browns had some “hype” signings/trades last year but today is different.
Conklin is a great signing and now they have no worries at RT unlike the other NFL team from Ohio.
Reply/Quote
(03-16-2020, 10:48 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: I’m saying people go into hysterics on the first day crowning paper champs. I fell for the Browns hype myself last year.

Not hysterics. Simple Question, Who would you want protecting Burrow? Bobby Hart or Jack Conklin?
Reply/Quote
(03-16-2020, 11:01 PM)Gamma Ray Tan Wrote: Not hysterics. Simple Question, Who would you want protecting Burrow? Bobby Hart or Jack Conklin?

If the bengals only signed 1 outside free agent this year I was hoping for an offensive lineman. This was primarily to avoid the mistakes the colts made with luck. Protect our first round investment.

So far, epic fail. Still, so many holes to fill and players out there

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Reply/Quote
(03-16-2020, 11:01 PM)Gamma Ray Tan Wrote: Not hysterics. Simple Question, Who would you want protecting Burrow? Bobby Hart or Jack Conklin?

Conklin is a better player than Hart but I don't know if hes worth that 14mil a year price tag. Conklin has his struggles as a pass protector which was covered up by Tennessee's heavy rushing attack combined with play action. It'll be interesting to see how it works outs in Cleveland.

I've said it more than once if the Steelers don't tender Matt Feiler he is the best tackle in the Free Agent class.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
The three stud 26 year old LB's are still around:

Corey Littleton
Joe Schobert
Blake Martinez

I think they'll pay Schobert something like 10M/yr, and re-sign Vigil (my bet for the first signing).

Their opinion of their OL is a big assumption. It wouldn't shock me if we see a ton of tire kicking (it's only cliche because we make it that way) at both OG and OT. Historically, they put too much stock into their own guys' potential, so they're still waiting for someone between MJ and Price to perform....but they now have a young franchise QB. Hopefully, they throw them into a battle royal to beat Miller and sign a better guard than Miller.

My current guess, throwing a lot of the usual suspects on the board in here:

LB Joe Schobert
LB Nick Vigil
DE/DT Derek Wolfe
CB Eli Apple (Dre then cut)
CB Darquez Dennard
I'm clueless on the OL at this point, maybe something off the wall like Kelvin Beachum or Denzelle Good
Reply/Quote
Bulaga is still out there, Big Whit is out there, Daryl Williams is an upgrade from Hart and is still out there. Im sure there are some others but the top guys are going fast.
Reply/Quote
(03-16-2020, 11:01 PM)Gamma Ray Tan Wrote: Not hysterics. Simple Question, Who would you want protecting Burrow? Bobby Hart or Jack Conklin?

Starting multiple threads and saying you want Burrow to pull an Eli is absolutely going into hysterics. Or maybe a tantrum if you like that better.

Reply/Quote
(03-17-2020, 12:32 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Starting multiple threads and saying you want Burrow to pull an Eli is absolutely going into hysterics. Or maybe a tantrum if you like that better.

The question still stands.
Reply/Quote
The opening to free agency was a little weird. There were definitely some big deals, but I was shocked at seeing a lot of lower tier deals agreed to. Who would've guessed that Fej would agree to a deal already? Nick K was the first LB to agree to a deal? 

The Bengals can't sit back too much since all sorts of players are getting signed.
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
Ive heard the Bengals are strapped for cap space until they move Dalton. What is our cap space at right now?

There’s still a lot of good options for middle linebacker, which should be our top priority.

Hoping to see Dalton moved, and Schobert or Littleton signed. Then a bunch of mid-level to lower-level deals. Hoping we can land a stud linebacker, i guess we’ll see. It could be that we just do a bunch of mid-level deals..
Reply/Quote
(03-17-2020, 12:56 AM)Gamma Ray Tan Wrote: The question still stands.

he has nothing else so don't worry! the boys brain is stuck like a record! Wink

Reply/Quote
(03-17-2020, 01:41 AM)Bengalstripes18 Wrote: Ive heard the Bengals are strapped for cap space until they move Dalton. What is our cap space at right now?

There’s still a lot of good options for middle linebacker, which should be our top priority.

Hoping to see Dalton moved, and Schobert or Littleton signed. Then a bunch of mid-level to lower-level deals. Hoping we can land a stud linebacker, i guess we’ll see. It could be that we just do a bunch of mid-level deals..

I'm kinda worried that we won't dump dalton to another team. It's sad but I don't think any team really wants him with all the other choices!

Reply/Quote
(03-17-2020, 01:41 AM)Bengalstripes18 Wrote: Ive heard the Bengals are strapped for cap space until they move Dalton. What is our cap space at right now?

That’s what they say every year.. How are other teams signing these guys? Dallas just gave a WR 100 million and we can’t sign anyone??? We release Glenn which gave us an extra 9.5. We are going to save another 17 million with releasing or trading AD and we could cut Dre’s sorry ass and save another 8 Million. That’s 32 million we could use to sign Bulaga and Schobert.. Or Bulaga and Logan Ryan but this team has no vision or idea WTH to do
Reply/Quote

That’s what they say every year.. How are other teams signing these guys? Dallas just gave a WR 100 million and we can’t sign anyone??? We release Glenn which gave us an extra 9.5. We are going to save another 17 million with releasing or trading AD and we could cut Dre’s sorry ass and save another 8 Million. That’s 32 million we could use to sign Bulaga and Schobert.. Or Bulaga and Logan Ryan but this team has no vision or idea WTH to do
Reply/Quote
(03-17-2020, 01:59 AM)RASCAL Wrote: he has nothing else so don't worry! the boys brain is stuck like a record! Wink

Not sure why this post is ok, but my first response to it was deleted, but whatever...

Rascal is just still upset because I dared to say something halfway critical about a Buckeye and OSU in general. Lol

Reply/Quote
(03-16-2020, 09:16 PM)BrownAssClown Wrote: How many of these"Same crap different year" threads have been posted throughout the years around this time. I bet they go back to when the Bengals ran their own message board.

Yep. Same crap different year applies to this thread as well.
Reply/Quote