Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Same crap different year
(03-17-2020, 05:22 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Not sure why this post is ok, but my first response to it was deleted, but whatever...

Rascal is just still upset because I dared to say something halfway critical about a Buckeye and OSU in general. Lol

I'm upset with the lack of football knowledgr that you show!

Reply/Quote
(03-17-2020, 08:56 AM)RASCAL Wrote: I'm upset with the lack of football knowledgr that you show!

yeah! SHOW BETTER KNOWLDEGRER YOU MORANE
If you see something suspicious, say something suspicious.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
I'm not sure why anyone would be surprised. More active in free agency could mean we are going to let more of our players walk. Who knows?

What I do know is that the Bengals are claiming they only have $3.8m in cap space until they trade Dalton. So if a Dalton trade doesn't happen any time soon (or at all), our big free agency this year will be AJ Green and the 4 tendered players.
Reply/Quote
(03-16-2020, 08:35 PM)Trademark Wrote: Bengals claimed they were gonna be more active in free agency. All of the good LB’s and OL are pretty much gone....But we will be sure to sign guys on the back end of their career like Derek Wolfe. Yippee!!! Same crap different season. I hope Burrow pulls an Eli

free agency doesn't start till tomorrow correct?  its just tampering period....    

all these deals getting done  (are just verbal unless they were already cut)
Reply/Quote
(03-17-2020, 08:56 AM)RASCAL Wrote: I'm upset with the lack of football knowledgr that you show!

You’re full of it. You never had a single problem with me until I said Chase Young disappeared in some big games down the stretch.

Reply/Quote
There's still a handful of decent FAs out there (primarily Littleton).
But the likelihood of the Bengals getting them drops as more and more agree to terms elsewhere.

All they need to reserve is $12 mill for the draft pool. They only have $25 mill to work with for all their FAs (internal and external) until they can get Dalton and/or Kirkpatrick off the books.

Approach will likely never change until the FO changes.
And the FO will likely not change until the franchise is sold.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
AJ is our big signing guys. We've read this script before. Not sure why the shock.

Burrow is about to be so ruined but this franchise.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
(03-17-2020, 12:25 AM)bengaloo Wrote: Daryl Williams is an upgrade from Hart and is still out there. 

Williams allowed 11 sacks in 839 snaps last year while Hart only allowed 4 in 1086.
Reply/Quote
(03-17-2020, 11:51 AM)jj22 Wrote: AJ is our big signing guys. We've read this script before. Not sure why the shock.

Burrow is about to be so ruined but this franchise.

The script I have seen before from the last time there was so much crying in the offseason was 5 straight playoff appearances.
Reply/Quote
Last offseason? Because that's the last time I remember all this "crying".

Matter of fact, I've heard "crying" the past couple years. We haven't made the playoffs since 2015.

Reply/Quote
(03-17-2020, 12:01 PM)jj22 Wrote: Last offseason? Because that's the last time I remember all this "crying".

Matter of fact, I've heard "crying" the past couple years. We haven't made the playoffs since 2015.

Getting rid of Marvin last year kept the crying to a minimum.

The year before we signed the leagues leading tackler and traded for the 8th highest paid OT.

But I KNOW you always hear squealing and crying.  Impossible not to when you are around.
Reply/Quote
(03-17-2020, 10:50 AM)ochocincos Wrote: There's still a handful of decent FAs out there (primarily Littleton).
But the likelihood of the Bengals getting them drops as more and more agree to terms elsewhere.

All they need to reserve is $12 mill for the draft pool. They only have $25 mill to work with for all their FAs (internal and external) until they can get Dalton and/or Kirkpatrick off the books.

Approach will likely never change until the FO changes.
And the FO will likely not change until the franchise is sold.

The likelihood of the Bengals getting those remaining increases as more and more agree to terms elsewhere. There are only so many landing spots in the League and teams' cap space is getting exhausted by the hour.

The Bengals can cut Dalton and Kirkpatrick if they need to, so that's in their control and needn't hold up matters. What is more likely to hold up matters is that their no.1 priority at the moment is probably trading Dalton.
Reply/Quote
(03-17-2020, 12:04 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Getting rid of Marvin last year kept the crying to a minimum.

The year before we signed the leagues leading tackler and traded for the 8th highest paid OT.

But I KNOW you always hear squealing and crying.  Impossible not to when you are around.

Last offseason when they extended Hart and Brown, signed the journeyman Webb? You don't remember that.

Oh and so I'm the one crying? Now you just taking personal shots as if free agency hasn't always been a downer around here. I'm the one saying why are people shocked? Get it together before you come at me and swing and miss.

Next caller!

Reply/Quote
Newton is now officially on the market, which complicates things for Dalton even further.

Reply/Quote
(03-17-2020, 12:05 PM)TJHoushmandzadeh Wrote: The likelihood of the Bengals getting those remaining increases as more and more agree to terms elsewhere. There are only so many landing spots in the League and teams' cap space is getting exhausted by the hour.

The Bengals can cut Dalton and Kirkpatrick if they need to, so that's in their control and needn't hold up matters. What is more likely to hold up matters is that their no.1 priority at the moment is probably trading Dalton.

Here's a scenario that the Bengals might be pondering...

Would you rather get a 4th or 5th rounder for Dalton but eat up $5 mill of Dalton's remaining $17.7 mill to reduce the new team's cap hit?
Or would you rather just cut him to save the full $17.7 mill but not get another draft pick?

For me personally, I'd rather just cut so that I can use that extra $5 mill toward a proven veteran, as the chance for a 4th or 5th rounder to turn into a solid-or-better starter is (very) low.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(03-17-2020, 12:27 PM)ochocincos Wrote: Here's a scenario that the Bengals might be pondering...

Would you rather get a 4th or 5th rounder for Dalton but eat up $5 mill of Dalton's remaining $17.7 mill to reduce the new team's cap hit?
Or would you rather just cut him to save the full $17.7 mill but not get another draft pick?

For me personally, I'd rather just cut so that I can use that extra $5 mill toward a proven veteran, as the chance for a 4th or 5th rounder to turn into a solid-or-better starter is (very) low.

Agree, how many 5th rounders make an NFL team ? 1 in 10 ? open up the money for free agency
Reply/Quote
(03-17-2020, 12:23 PM)RunKijanaRun Wrote: Newton is now officially on the market, which complicates things for Dalton even further.

I have been saying all along that the number of QBs would drive down the value of Dalton.  I don't ever remember a year with so many starting QBs possibly changing teams.

Even if a team thinks Dalton is as good a s a guy like Bridgewater they can get Teddy without giving up a pick/player and they can sign him to a longer term, more cap friendly deal than 1 yr/$17 mill.
Reply/Quote
(03-17-2020, 12:23 PM)RunKijanaRun Wrote: Newton is now officially on the market, which complicates things for Dalton even further.

Let's just hope Coach Bill keeps showing his love for Dalton
Reply/Quote
(03-17-2020, 12:27 PM)ochocincos Wrote: Here's a scenario that the Bengals might be pondering...

Makes sense
Reply/Quote
Bridgewater to Panthers. One major QB domino falls.

LB Cory Littleton off the board to the Raiders.

Reply/Quote