Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sammy Watkins is mad bro
http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/13896976/sammy-watkins-tells-buffalo-bills-making-look-bad-lack-targets

Crying about lack of production, saying he doesn't care if he's covered and someone else is wide open, throw to him anyways.

I'm glad we don't have anyone negative like this in the locker room anymore.

The team, the team, the team...
Reply/Quote
Not saying I would want that kind of thing happening with the Bengals, but he does have a bit of a point. The Bills used the 9th (2014) and 19th (2015) overall picks to draft Watkins. He produced last year as a rookie with 982 yards despite Manuel and Orton as his QB.

You'd think they would have a bigger interest in trying to develop their potential #1 franchise WR. Watkins and AJ Green both had the same number of catches their rookie years (65, with Green's coming on 115 targets and Watkins on 128). The Bengals bumped Green's catches up to 97 (on 164 targets) his second year.

Watkins has 13 targets in 3 games, which is a 69 target pace for a 16 game season. That's not a good investment of a Top 10 and Top 20 first round pick.

So maybe shouldn't have said it to the media, but yeah, he might have a point.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
Well good for Watkins. Maybe all that frustration will spill over to INT's and dropped balls.
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
He has a point... I dont disagree with what hes saying, neither are Bill fans on their forum.
Reply/Quote
Hasn't he been hurt most of the year?
Reply/Quote
The loss he is about to suffer at the hands of the Bengals is not going to improve his attitude much.

Maybe next week Sammy.

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
He's absolutely right that they need to be targeting him more. But having his agent go to the media about it is ridiculously immature and unprofessional. He needs to keep that behind closed doors. And his agent clearly is not doing a very good job managing him.
Reply/Quote
(10-15-2015, 09:09 PM)The Dangler Wrote: He's absolutely right that they need to be targeting him more. But having his agent go to the media about it is ridiculously immature and unprofessional. He needs to keep that behind closed doors. And his agent clearly is not doing a very good job managing him.

Oh, but all of his fans are likely blowing up his twitchy and FB accounts, asking him why he isn't helping the team..

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
He is a gifted receiver. I hope they continue to forget he is on the team.
Reply/Quote
(10-15-2015, 08:21 PM)Element Wrote: He has a point... I dont disagree with what hes saying, neither are Bill fans on their forum.

cry baby..  .. lets look at his three games, he has played this year.. he had 6 catches out of 8 targets in a losing effort.. he had a just a few targets in the other two games.. in winning games, so they should have maybe thrown him 10 or 12 times and maybe lost those games.. not a team player attitude at all... im sure Ryan is not happy with his comments..

That would be like Green whining in the San Diego game for only have 4 targets but we win the game.... 

This guy has played barely a year, and now it is all about him.. give me a break.... regardless how well he does sunday, i am glad he is not on the Bengals team.
Reply/Quote
Lol maybe just maybe he should show the Bills he needs more opportunities by working just a little harder instead of whining to the media he should get them cuz of he's Sammy Watkins.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(10-15-2015, 09:30 PM)Synric Wrote: Lol maybe just maybe he should show the Bills he needs more opportunities by working just a little harder instead of whining to the media he should get them cuz of he's Sammy Watkins.

Agree, and thank goodness this Bengals team is loaded with premium talent, at several positions, yet they all maintain a blue collar "team first" demeanor.

TOcho show, anyone?

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(10-15-2015, 09:32 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Agree, and thank goodness this Bengals team is loaded with premium talent, at several positions, yet they all maintain a blue collar "team first" demeanor.

TOcho show, anyone?

Yea, I've been really impressed of how unselfish everyone on this team is. They all put winning before individual stats. 
Reply/Quote
They will now over-target him this Sunday. The defense best be ready.

Reply/Quote
(10-15-2015, 10:47 PM)The Real Deal Wrote: They will now over-target him this Sunday. The defense best be ready.

That's what I was thinking as well.

It's time to get some INT's!
Song of Solomon 2:15
Take us the foxes, the little foxes, that spoil the vines: for our vines have tender grapes.
Reply/Quote
He's a talented WR, he should be getting more targets. Hopefully who ever is at qb take him up on the advice and throw into double coverage. Nelson and Iloka should be on ball hawk mode.
Reply/Quote
They targeted him during that last (potentially game tying) drive against the Pats and he let it bounce off his hands for the game ending INT. The dude should probably worry about catching the ball when it actually comes his way before complaining about it not coming his way enough.
Well does he have a name or should I call him... lawyer?
Reply/Quote
(10-16-2015, 03:05 AM)InTheJungleNow9 Wrote: They targeted him during that last (potentially game tying) drive against the Pats and he let it bounce off his hands for the game ending INT.  The dude should probably worry about catching the ball when it actually comes his way before complaining about it not coming his way enough.

Or being healthy. I think he has only played 2 of 5 games this year.
Reply/Quote
(10-15-2015, 07:34 PM)Killachubs Wrote: http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/13896976/sammy-watkins-tells-buffalo-bills-making-look-bad-lack-targets

Crying about lack of production, saying he doesn't care if he's covered and someone else is wide open, throw to him anyways.

I'm glad we don't have anyone negative like this in the locker room anymore.

The team, the team, the team...

Maybe he should start getting open.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
What's a Rex Ryan coached team without a little bit of drama?

Sammy Watkins is a typical diva WR.
Reply/Quote