Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sammy Watkins is mad bro
(10-15-2015, 07:59 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Not saying I would want that kind of thing happening with the Bengals, but he does have a bit of a point. The Bills used the 9th (2014) and 19th (2015) overall picks to draft Watkins. He produced last year as a rookie with 982 yards despite Manuel and Orton as his QB.

You'd think they would have a bigger interest in trying to develop their potential #1 franchise WR. Watkins and AJ Green both had the same number of catches their rookie years (65, with Green's coming on 115 targets and Watkins on 128). The Bengals bumped Green's catches up to 97 (on 164 targets) his second year.

Watkins has 13 targets in 3 games, which is a 69 target pace for a 16 game season. That's not a good investment of a Top 10 and Top 20 first round pick.

So maybe shouldn't have said it to the media, but yeah, he might have a point.

if he plays every down and GETS open he will get the ball.
Reply/Quote
Welcome to a Rex Ryan team, all drama all the time... also, does Rex even care or know that receivers exist??
Reply/Quote
(10-16-2015, 10:22 AM)OrlandoBengal Wrote: Welcome to a Rex Ryan team, all drama all the time... also, does Rex even care or know that receivers exist??

Exactly

He's not going to get a bunch of targets per game on a Rex Ryan coached team. That's not what Rex does !
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(10-15-2015, 09:26 PM)Anderson HOF Wrote: cry baby..  .. lets look at his three games, he has played this year.. he had 6 catches out of 8 targets in a losing effort.. he had a just a few targets in the other two games.. in winning games, so they should have maybe thrown him 10 or 12 times and maybe lost those games.. not a team player attitude at all... im sure Ryan is not happy with his comments..

That would be like Green whining in the San Diego game for only have 4 targets but we win the game.... 

This guy has played barely a year, and now it is all about him.. give me a break.... regardless how well he does sunday, i am glad he is not on the Bengals team.

Something tells me if he were on this Bengal team he wouldn't be complaining about getting the football.  
Reply/Quote
The Bills will never be a good passing offense with Rex Ryan as the HC, but it would be wise to get an actual passing QB. If anything, it would keep defenses honest to stack the box less and the run can help open up the pass and get Watkins, Woods, Harvin, and Clay more involved. They have the offensive weapons, they just have to get someone who can throw the ball to said weapons if they want to take the next step to be a true feared contender.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
I hope Rex plays both Sammy and Shady.. Both are gimpy and will most likely be ineffective.
Reply/Quote