Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sammy Watkins
Watkins was released by the Packers today.
He might be an upgrade at WR4 compared to the guys the Bengals have.
He's only had one 1000+ yard season in his career, but I thought he was going to be a stud when he came out of college.
Surprisingly, this is Watkins' 9th season in the NFL.

Worth picking up for some potential postseason depth?
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(12-19-2022, 11:47 PM)ochocincos Wrote: Watkins was released by the Packers today.
He's only had one 1000+ yard season in his career, but I thought he was going to be a stud when he came out of college.

I'd say yes but only because I recognize he was a high draft pick. I know nothing of his current talent to remain viable as a player in the NFL.

Picking him up though doesn't seem like a Bengals move though.
Reply/Quote
(12-20-2022, 10:07 AM)TecmoBengals Wrote: I'd say yes but only because I recognize he was a high draft pick. I know nothing of his current talent to remain viable as a player in the NFL.

Picking him up though doesn't seem like a Bengals move though.

Watkins has primarily been in the 400-600 yard range between 2016 and 2021, which were the years since his only 1000 yard season and having 8+ starts in a season.
So by no means is he a WR1, but he could fill in solidly on the outside if Higgins or Chase went down.
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(12-19-2022, 11:47 PM)ochocincos Wrote: Watkins was released by the Packers today.

Not sure he provides much to us based on his production this year....   Not likely to come in and contribute on a quick turnaround
Reply/Quote
(12-20-2022, 11:25 AM)XenoMorph Wrote: Not sure he provides much to us based on his production this year....   Not likely to come in and contribute on a quick turnaround

Right, if you're a 9 year veteran WR and you can't build stats playing with Aaron Rodgers, how good are you?  No wonder this guy has bounced around everywhere and never stuck. 

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(12-20-2022, 11:37 AM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Right, if you're a 9 year veteran WR and you can't build stats playing with Aaron Rodgers, how good are you?  No wonder this guy has bounced around everywhere and never stuck. 

Fair, but Watkins was only a starter for the Packers for 3 out of 9 games.
The starters have been Packers veteran Lazard and two highly touted rookies in Christian Watson and Romeo Doubs.
Watkins was (I believe) always planned to be depth in that offense, not a defacto starter.
Or maybe he just flat out got beat out of the spot by the other guys and I'm wrong lol.
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
With our WR corps being a bit banged up I wouldn't be opposed to adding some depth.
Reply/Quote
Watkins was claimed by the Ravens as they lost WR Devin Duverney today to a significant foot injury

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote