Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sample graded as worst run blocker among rookie TE's
I can't make this stuff up:

<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>
Reply/Quote
Everyone involved in picking Sample in the second round- with all of the team's far more pressing needs- should be fired.

That pick and re-signing Gio ( with our glaring weaknesses at LB and o-line) are incomprehensible.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(10-21-2019, 04:22 PM)bengals67 Wrote: Everyone involved in picking Sample in the second round- with all of the team's far more pressing needs- should be fired.

That pick and re-signing Gio ( with our glaring weaknesses at LB and o-line) are incomprehensible.

I wanted DK Metcalf. There were plenty of good players there too.
Reply/Quote
That is not good news. I am quite baffled as to why TE are not used more often.
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

Reply/Quote
“Then we took Sample and the whole league laughed”

There is no defending that pick. Between his 1st draft, and his play calling I’m already thinking about who I want to replace Taylor.

Reply/Quote
There can’t be any master plan or team philosophy.. It has to be just randomly draft and sign random free agents. There’s no bringing in guys for your system because there’s not an established system. It’s all throw crap against the wall and hope that something sticks.
Reply/Quote
Honestly, it's not Sample's fault he was drafted this high. He's a 4th Round pick.

But man...there were some other decent rookie TE's that we missed on.
Reply/Quote
(10-21-2019, 04:27 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Honestly, it's not Sample's fault he was drafted this high. He's a 4th Round pick.

But man...there were some other decent rookie TE's that we missed on.

4th more like 5th-7th
He doesn't play either( the most he has played is 30% of the snaps in a game) and I don't think he will with UZ here and Tate. The pick never made any sense.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
(10-21-2019, 04:31 PM)Jakeypoo Wrote: 4th more like 5th-7th
He doesn't play either( the most he has played is 30% of the snaps in a game) and I don't think he will with UZ here and Tate. The pick never made any sense.

I was being positive! I remember reading Sample being shocked that we took him in the 2nd Round.

Awww - Memories of the Sean Brewer pick!
Reply/Quote
This is the kind of comedy that you can't write. It just has to happen.

I still laugh thinking about some of the homer takes in that draft thread.

This is one of the most baffling and flat out awful picks the Bungles have ever made. And that really is saying something.
If you see something suspicious, say something suspicious.

Reply/Quote
Goodberry and/or PFF are full of shit.

There are 10 drafted TEs who have fewer targets and receptions than Sample.

And anyone judging any player to be a bust after just 7 games is completely clueless. He has only played 93 snaps.

Some people just hated the pick when it happened so they still hate it today.
Reply/Quote
(10-21-2019, 05:14 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Some people just hated the pick when it happened so they still hate it today.

Add yourself to the list.

And yeah, some people just hated the pick when it happened so they still hate it today. You also missed the point completely. Screw his targets. He's rated as the worst BLOCKER out of all the rookie tight ends. This clown was ostensibly drafted for his blocking prowess. The narrative to excuse his pass catching was that the Washington offense didn't like throwing to NFL caliber TEs so he never got a fair shot.

Is that supposed to be some sort of ***** revelation? I'd ask if you were lost in some sort of logical vortex, but I don't think you're all that well-acquainted with reasoning or deduction. 
If you see something suspicious, say something suspicious.

Reply/Quote
Anyone with at least half a brain hated the pick. But of course there’s Bengals homers they were doing cart wheels n talking about the next Tony Gonzalez. I’d love to bring up that thread it’s quite amazing looking back now. Just full entertainment
Reply/Quote
(10-21-2019, 04:19 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: I can't make this stuff up:

<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Our run game is atrocious and worst in league for yards and average per carry.

Save for Hopkins there is probably no-one else on the OL who would make starter on a decent NFL team.

Honestly, I would have been more surprised if Sample was highly rated...

Not saying he was a good pick (time will tell) but whatever the hell is wrong with our run game Sample's contribution isn't close to the biggest worry
Reply/Quote
(10-21-2019, 05:02 PM)RunKijanaRun Wrote: This is the kind of comedy that you can't write. It just has to happen.

I still laugh thinking about some of the homer takes in that draft thread.

This is one of the most baffling and flat out awful picks the Bungles have ever made. And that really is saying something.

:andy: :andy: :andy:
Reply/Quote
(10-21-2019, 05:18 PM)Socal Bengals fan Wrote: Anyone with half a brain hated the pick. 

For once I agree with Socal.

The people who complained the loudest about drafting Sample just had half a brain.
Reply/Quote
Exclamation 
(10-21-2019, 05:20 PM)sonofstat Wrote: Our run game is atrocious and worst in league for yards and average per carry.

Save for Hopkins there is probably no-one else on the OL who would make starter on a decent NFL team.

Honestly, I would have been more surprised if Sample was highly rated...

Not saying he was a good pick (time will tell) but whatever the hell is wrong with our run game Sample's contribution isn't close to the biggest worry

This.

If this was Mixon's rookie season and he was putting up these type of numbers the haters around here would claim he did not even belong in the league and how he was the worst pick in Bengal history.

It is not only WAY too early to judge any rookie it is also unfair to judge any player struggling in this current system.
Reply/Quote
My issue is you don't take a blocking TE with a second round pick. It rates up there with taking a fullback in the 2nd. Basically the same thing on the line. You only use a 2nd round pick for a specialized player if its a pass rusher. We used a 2nd on a small lineman.
Reply/Quote
(10-21-2019, 04:22 PM)bengals67 Wrote: Everyone involved in picking Sample in the second round- with all of the team's far more pressing needs- should be fired.

I couldn’t have possibly said it better. Things like this really make you wander about this new head coach.
Reply/Quote
(10-21-2019, 05:17 PM)RunKijanaRun Wrote: I'd ask if you were lost in some sort of logical vortex, but I don't think you're all that well-acquainted with reasoning or deduction. 

So you think Joe Mixon is the worst starting RB in the league?

And lets see how much you know about the NFL.  Want to make a sig bet about how many examples I can find of rookies who did not play well their first 93 snaps but went on to have very good careers?

I am ready to put my "reasoning and deduction" up against your anytime, but I'll bet you will chicken out.
Reply/Quote