Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Samuel Cosmi- Longhorns.......Thoughts?
(03-05-2021, 02:55 PM)Synric Wrote: Daniel Faalele did not declare for the draft he is going back to Minnesota next season.

Probably best for him.  I really like Spencer more than him as he has a lot of room to add more size, but is an exceptional athlete.  
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(03-05-2021, 03:45 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Too bad, I was getting talked into him. Maybe next Draft.

I watched him a lot a couple years ago (PJ Fleck was money in the bank....Vegas always underestimated him early in the season) and he was jumping off the screen that year.  When I saw his age, I was like...WTF!  

Glad for the kid, as if he has a really good year, he will be an early first rounder.  Best for his development as well.  

That being said, Spencer Brown is stronger than hell (500 lb bench press....over 600 lbs squat...and at 6'8.5", 82.5" wingspan) and was a former TE.  I also like the fact that he had a chance to greatly improve his stock and transfer to a power 5 conference team due to the pandemic, but he didn't and he cited loyalty to his program.  

I also like how he answered this question:

What is the most important trait for an OL?

Spencer Brown:  Nastiness, followed by smarts.  You have to be a mauler.  You also have to understand the play and read the defense.

Yes, I will take some nastiness, please, in my RT.  I am hoping he slides to us in Rd 3 since he has only played RT and maybe that takes him off some team's early radar.  
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(03-06-2021, 09:20 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: I watched him a lot a couple years ago (PJ Fleck was money in the bank....Vegas always underestimated him early in the season) and he was jumping off the screen that year.  When I saw his age, I was like...WTF!  

Glad for the kid, as if he has a really good year, he will be an early first rounder.  Best for his development as well.  

That being said, Spencer Brown is stronger than hell (500 lb bench press....over 600 lbs squat...and at 6'8.5", 82.5" wingspan) and was a former TE.  I also like the fact that he had a chance to greatly improve his stock and transfer to a power 5 conference team due to the pandemic, but he didn't and he cited loyalty to his program.  

I also like how he answered this question:

What is the most important trait for an OL?

Spencer Brown:  Nastiness, followed by smarts.  You have to be a mauler.  You also have to understand the play and read the defense.

Yes, I will take some nastiness, please, in my RT.  I am hoping he slides to us in Rd 3 since he has only played RT and maybe that takes him off some team's early radar.  

I am liking Spencer Brown more and more. Cool
Reply/Quote